What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubblebags+bubbleator

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
I use the bubbleator and the bubblebags (7 bags). i hear people speaking about gettting 10%-15% yield. I never got more as 4%. I dont use fan leaves, just clippings and small buds. is it really possible to get 10-15%?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i think 5 % is a good yield from trim and budlets. 4% is normal. always depending on the trichome coverage of the strain used. some strains will only give 3 %

make sure you do at least 2 runs. with the bubble machine it's easy to do so even 3 runs are worth it. you can always use the third run to make hash butter or bho or vaporize it?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i think thats when you use top indoor buds that you get the best yield. but how much that yield will be don't ask me. 15% sounds possible from a really resin covered strain using the buds.

SativaBelieva

5% of total weight of popcorn buds and trim... if this concerns only the 73mu it is good, if this is the total hash weight it is low... that could go over 10%... I guess with good buds 15% should be possible...

bubbleman

Veteran
well i have made a ton of bubble, ( literaly) and i can say that the highest i've realy ever seen return is just over 10%. I remember back in the day bog was saying he got 18%, but was weighing his bubble wet, so that didnt count. A very small amount of water present in the final product can confuse ratio's.
I have gotten as little as 2% of fan leaf return and as high as 10% for fine trim, that does not include bud at all> I have run tons of bud as well, but never get more than 10% return even with bud. I think the process is realy about getting WHAT IS THERE. as the ratio's can and will change depending on strain, growing conditions, and about a million other factors.
Just my two cents.
the whole process is just much more fun, when you focus on the QUALITY that you get, and not the QUANTITY.

peace
bubble man

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
ok cool bubbleman. a question: i always supposed that the 25 micron bag gave the best bubble. isnt that true?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no mopple the best stuff gets clected in the middle size bags. ie. the 73, 45, 90, and 120 some times. it all depends on the size of the trichome heads on which screen they are collected.

the 25u bubblw is basically made only from trichome stalks, all the trichome heads got cought in the middle bags.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
thanks for that info. strange.....i never knew that. i thought: the smallest bag, has the smallest trichomes....

bubbleman

Veteran
yeah, that is pretty much accurate, although i would say this, i have made some incredible 25u bubble from sativa's which do indeed have smaller trichome heads.
I have seen 25u bubble melt into a liquid and drip thru the screen> I have some here in fact. However for the most part, the 25u is defintily not the number one resin head to have, but with that said, the bag alone can easily pay off your entire set of bags, so its worth having in the mix.

peace
bubble man

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i just saw the dvd where you gypsy and wallyduck went to Jamaica. It looked like you guys had lots of fun there. Keep on the the good work.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
was just moving some hash threads into the hash forum when i found this old gem from 12 years back hehehe.

whats the highest yield anyone has gotten from trim and popcorn?

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, same here!

For yeild i rarely get over 4-5% with trim, and 6 to 8% with flowers (outdoors) only once did i get 12% with some sativa flowers but i suspect there was still some water in the hash so i guess it doesn't really count...

Last week i processed roughly 450 gr of lebanese buds and got 25gr of bubble, so it's again around 5-6%...