What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

mike tea

legally weaponize yer self

legally weaponize yer self

get the names, addresses, and phone numbers as well as the public office title the decision makers hold and publish it for all to see linking them to this act.

repeat often at election time!
should there be any loss of plants or property sue the county for compensation you have the evidence their public notice this would also include pain and suffering peace mike tea legally pre pare your selves.

MountZionCollec

So far 1 pro-regulation board member and 1 ~anti-regulation candidates have won the recent election. Two pro-regulation candidates won the last election and were not up for vote.

That leaves one more district undecided, district 4 with the pro-regulation in the lead 51.6% to 48.4%. Some mail in ballots remain, but for the anti-regulation candidate dennis mills (a compulsive liar) to win he needs to get ~60%-70% of the remaining votes depending how many are left. Results will be posted by march 15th.

If he loses that would make 4 pro-regulation board members and 1 ~anti (he isnt really anti regulation he just rides the middle and says watever he feels necessary to keep getting elected. Acts like an independent but anti cannabis enough to get the banners votes.

MountZionCollec

Amanda has officially won! She won 61% of the late mail in votes, final is 53.98% of the votes for her.....we will have 4 pro regulation supervisors.

calaveras

Greetings from beautiful Calaveras county. Things are starting to open up during the time of the Wang Chung virus. Farmers are planting their 6+ gardens. Garden centers are booming, some selling out vegetable seeds.
The Calaveras election a couple of months ago added one more big weed friendly supervisor to its ranks. They were still fighting about funding and now most non-essential business applications seem to be on hold. Farmers gearing up for a return to business seem to be on hold.
We all hope the re-introduction of commercial growing will go smoother than the first go round which pissed off a lot of long time locals. Some changes in the new laws include bans on big illuminated greenhouses at night which is welcome. The local newspaper has a big half page ad from Sacramento attorneys offering help obtaining licensing.

One interesting tale of local justice non- pot related. Two guys were getting into it and one guy hit and runs the other guy bad enough to knock him unconscious. The hit and runner was found a couple of hours later beat up and tied to a telephone pole.

calaveras

Calaveras grow busters have been busy raiding illegal gardens and confiscating property. Sheriffs department now has a bobcat type tractor to speed up removal of big outdoor gardens. Apparently some formerly active gardens have gotten approval to legally grow this year but the number seems small from the amount of activity. Some sites are permanently shut down but I observed a roadside grow expanding it's fence line probably to take advantage of the increased 1 acre max. size. Helicopter activity has been quiet especially compared to last years record activity. The big grow store in San Andreas is selling some products but inventory is lower than the big grow years 2016-2018. Another soil retailer with a black dump truck has inventory but little in sales.
One thing that is rarely mentioned when discussing commercial legal growing is property values. People having the misfortune of owning land next to new grows have almost a guarantee of their property values going down. Property is also much more difficult to sell.
Several high visibility abandoned sites continue to be an eyesore. It looks like the people just left their mess behind for others to clean up. Hopefully the bad apples will not return.
Things are opening up after the Wang Chung virus has had few [15] cases and no deaths in Calaveras county.

calaveras

Grow busters continue to fight the fight against illegal grows. The latest June bust was busted in May also and 2019 too. Some people just are not getting the message. Another site looked like a clone factory. Most numbers run 500 to several thousand plants. Typically oil processing tools and an ar-15 on site. The sheriff has new equipment thanks to property confiscations. Three sites a week seems to be about the limit for the manpower.
Wang Chung virus has gone up to around 30 cases with heavy testing being done. No hospitalizations or deaths. Mask use in public is estimated at 10-20%.
Short story from neighboring Tuolumne county: This weekend the annual loggers jamboree is scheduled. Permission from government is not granted for the gathering. The organizers changed the name to" The logging protest " and the event goes on. Gotta love the mountain people.Logger lives matter

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Constitution sez they can gather and protest all they want. They should bring their chainsaws and axes.

Just ask the Burners, Looters, Murderers.

calaveras

Report from the frontlines: The sheriff apparently has plenty of money for helicopters again this year. Last week a nice shiny blue chopper came to pay me a visit and make sure I was doing alright. They stayed long enough to get a head count (12) and a few pictures. They next flew to a abandoned formerly legal site that got a lot of attention last year but has remained empty. Next, get this, they came back to my patch , apparently believing there must be more, flying around but finding nothing. Most years one flyby is normal. They definitely have my GPS coordinates. It is funny they never check my neighbors who have more growing than I ever have.
The big surprise came today when I heard distant helicopter sounds and they went straight to my patch, hovered for a while, flew to the abandoned site previously mentioned and then, yes once again, flew back over my grow site the checked out my orchard to look for plants. There was nothing for them to see or find, just tomatoes.
Growbusters usually raid sites with at least a few hundred plants so I feel fairly safe that they would not mess with getting a search warrant for 12 plants but all the attention is somewhat worrisome. I have plenty of land where I could move the potted plants and leave the big ones in the ground. This is a option but I hate to move them from the best , sunniest spot on the ranch.
Growbusters continue to be busy. 4 sites raided last week, 500 to 3000 plants. It is the same almost every week in grow season.
Roadside signs wanting the raids to stop and calls to defund grow busters have popped up. This just shows how grow busters have farmers on edge.
The county supervisors are wanting to put a cannabis tax measure on the ballot.

calaveras

Calaveras supervisors recently approved recreational sales from dispensaries which had been medical sales only. This is huge for dispensaries that have been struggling with medical sales. Tourism is big here and tourists love to get a buzz while enjoying nature or a glass of primitivo.
Calaveras county is experiencing a real estate boom. People burnt out on bay area covid and other liberal big city problems are heading for the hills. Working at home is a option for many people and they can sell their S.F. home , buy a nice home on acreage here and bank half a mil. or so. Homeless are few and syringes and feces on the sidewalks are non-existent. Come to think of it there are not a lot of sidewalks either. For me, the bay area is just a place to avoid. The only reason to go to the bay is passing through to get to the beach. San Francisco is a place I hope to visit in the future. I have had lots of good times there. Modern liberal policies have totally ruined a once great city.
Growbusters continue with a record setting year. It seemed last year had about 3 busts per week. This year sometimes cops get 2 per day, all big ones, greenhouses, light dep and full term outdoor crops. Sheriff got over half a million$ for chopper time. That buys a lot of hours in the air. They even brought in a big military helicopter for a inaccessible location.
We are currently experiencing the worst heat wave ever. 104-110 for a week +. I am giving my plants 25-30 gallons of water a day but they take the heat better than I do. The high sierras are one hour away and always a cooler option. The beach is 3 hours away but I don't know what is open with widespread closures.
Plants are budding well and I am looking forward to some fresh smoke.

dramamine

I like reading your reports, calaveras. Hopefully the heat means less pest pressure this year? Best of luck to you.

calaveras

Here's what Calaveras sheriffs growbusters do in 3 days. Bust #1 1229 big plants outdoors. Bust #2 201 plants, 7 pounds processed. Bust #3 116 plants, 140 pounds processed, 3 grams heroin, 3 guns. Bust #4 83 plants. The busts have been going on like this all summer.
With all this going on there are a few people who have apparently completed getting approved to grow a legally registered crop again. One former grow site only 100 yards from a highway expanded its area of fencing by double and now has plants visible above a six foot wood fence.
This summer has been particularly hot and smokey. Lots of 105 degree days. The plants take the heat well if watered heavily. The plants are stacking buds nicely with first harvest of Humboldt seed co. Amethyst at the end of the month . I can't say enough good about this variety.

P.S. Kamala likes to lock up pot smokers and growers.

calaveras

The county has approved 35 out of the 190 available marijuana grow permits with 75 more in the works. This years commercial harvest is the first legal in 2 years.
Rural residential areas have been complaining about the high helicopter activity this year freaking out animals and just being annoying. A helicopter doesn't need to spend a minute hovering on top of homes with 6 plants looking for more.
I sort of witnessed Calaveras grow busters in action recently . A eradication convoy drove by and went up a neighbors road. 7 or 8 cars and a couple of trailers. I could barely see the site from home a few hundred yards away but I could hear a loudspeaker/bullhorn and see deputies through the trees. There was a lot of smashing sounds like doors being knocked down and things being destroyed. I didn't see the operation when it left to examine their haul but they were at it for a while. This site was a previously registered grow location. This will make them ineligible for new legal operations since they will not be in good standing with the sheriffs dept. New growers that do not try to fit in with their neighbors usually do not stick around long term.

P.S. Kamala hates marijuana when it is politically advantageous to her, and Joe Dementia hates weed also but doesn't remember it

calaveras

Calaveras sheriff grow busters team is still at it. Big poundage of processed buds now confiscated at grow sites since it is harvest time.
One recently raided site has been busted 5X in 3 years. Another site has been busted 4X in 3 years. Apparently the sheriff does not try to confiscate land. Maybe these frequent offenders help the sheriff plump up bust numbers which help justify grant money. Most, but not all of the busts are asian or hispanic names.
There is a marijuana tax measure on the local ballot. A new dispensary has opened on the highway 4 corridor and is located perfectly to intercept touristas looking for some recreational to enhance their wineing and dining and nature walks.
Next year commercial growers should have plenty of time to complete paperwork , jump through hoops and fork over large amounts of $$$ to restart operations placed in limbo for a couple of years. I do not anticipate large problems between growers and locals like the first time commercial growing was implemented. Things will be on a much limited scale than the first time.Some trim work was available locally if you know the right people. The large influx of smelly people apparently found work elsewhere.Greener pastures.

Crazy Chester

Report from the frontlines: The sheriff apparently has plenty of money for helicopters again this year. Last week a nice shiny blue chopper came to pay me a visit and make sure I was doing alright. They stayed long enough to get a head count (12) and a few pictures...The big surprise came today when I heard distant helicopter sounds and they went straight to my patch, hovered for a while, flew to the abandoned site previously mentioned and then, yes once again, flew back over my grow site...

Sounds like the other growers who they are not bothering paid them off, but you didn't. Keep those plant numbers correct - that's for sure! Perhaps a lawsuit to deal with the damage caused to you by their gratuitous harassment is in order - or at least a call to LE - saying "Obviously, the plants I have out there now are the only ones that can finish this season - so, you have no legitimate reason to be checking frequently at this time. Do it again and I'll have no choice but to sue you to recover for the damages you caused me."