What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nitrogen deficiency in rootbound containers .. Best strategy ?

Bud Jones

I put some stragglers in 18 gallon containers .. They're yellowing out a month into flowering .. Didn't want to jack them up further with excess nitrogen .. What's the best strategy for this ? More n ? Epsom salts ? Trying to make the best out of things I guess ..

MrBungle

what size containers were they in before 18s?? Were they in fabric pots or plastic pots? They should perk up just from new dirt and space... I usually just carry on how I was before the problem started, and it usually works out...If not I start checking media pH

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I ran into a situation like that and ended up using some fast acting lime to correct ph lock out ( peat moss base soilless) that was going on . as far as adding N that late in to flower i would not do it . you should not need n by this point of flower . i would deffenitly add a good micro liquid feed to help make what you got left avaible . this may not be the best answer but its what i would do .