What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Search for a SDibl x CJ (home made cross) Keeper

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is gonna be quite a long project. i made these seeds a couple of years ago and last time i grew some of them out, every single lady was worthy, some more so then others, but not one of them is less then very nice, a few phenos were down right superb. trouble is i wasn't able to keep them alive and they were full of mites anyway by the end. so i started a new batch of those seeds, this time i will make clones and flower them instead of flowering the plants from seed and trying to re veg them like i did last time.

so i have built them a nice cab and they are finally starting to look like they will survive to make plants.

planted 16 seed, 14 sd x cj and 2 seeds of my top44 x sd/cj, out of those only 12 made it and 1 got stem rot so now i have 9 SD x CJ and 2 top44xsd/cj. i still have a hard time popping seeds in coco, but i think they have now made it beyond the critical phase, as you will see as soon as i post the latest pics. for now here's a few pics of the first 2 weeks in their lives :)

humble beginnings, only time will tell if all my plans work. the flowering box for the clones to be is still being built, taking a brake for now as i have other stuff going on and there is plenty of time till i have rooted clones ready. i really hope i get some of those cool phenos i got last time again, i'll be a very happy chappy if i get some thing like i did before. first worry is the female to male ratio, the more males the less phenos of females there will beto choose from.

at the moment i'm hand watering them once a day in their cups, but i plant to hook them up to the drip set up, just as soon as i repot them to bigger pots of coco.

that's it for now :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
pics from the last week till yesterday

pics from the last week till yesterday

had some trouble with the coco having a high salt content when i'd assumed it was flushed. as you can see a few of them are looking quite rough, but i think most should make it now. feeding them at ec 0.9 with rhizotonic and A+B, waiting on some trichoderma to reinoculate my coco as the stuff i'm using for these mums to be, is old as hell and has spent time getting dry.

B

bonecarver_OG

awesome mate :D gonna be interesting to follow :D

the diesel smell is one interesting thing.. i recall beein at the supermarket with a spliuff in the pocket and some woman next to me just looked at me and frowned her nose - io bet she thought i was dirty or something hehe :D that weed is jsut very stinky :D

whats that CJ part in the cross? :D

peace!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
CJ stands for CaseyJones from Head seeds, i made the cross a while back, so far they have been really good results from them, i hope this batch is as nice as the last batch. really smelly stuff for sure, specialy the more SD leaning phenos, although the CJ phenos are also great, in fact they are better then the pheno of casey jones i used for the cross. i need to replant them today or tomorrow and set up the drip watering. i think i will also change the 200 watt cfl for the 250watt hps i have, the cfl is not bad, but it seems to be slower then the hps.

i'm a bit sick today, so i'll probably not do anything much today. got a cold and aching muscles. we will see, maybe i get some energy later.

peace out bro

B

bonecarver_OG

ah ok the famous casey jones :D

its allways a sign of a good cross - the outcome is better than the parrents used :D

peace mate and get well :D

asher1er

Veteran
Search for a SDibl x CJ (home made cross) Keeper

Got space for a recliner in the front row? Them chairs tend to hurt my butt after a while lol :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
slowly but surely.....i hope :)

slowly but surely.....i hope :)

ah ok the famous casey jones :D

its allways a sign of a good cross - the outcome is better than the parrents used :D

peace mate and get well :D

yeah the results i got from this simple cross speaks really highly of the 2 parents used, it will be fun seeing if they remain true to my first test batches. i hope so as i'm getting low on those seeds, had the main bag of seeds i made lost to some bad luck with leo. luckily my mate TF kept a few of those seeds and gave them back to me, lol. so instead of having hundreds left i have about 15 left. thats why i'm disappointed in every seedling that doesn't make it.

I'll just go ahead and pull up my chair!!!!

you are most welcome, the more the merrier as the old saying goes :)

Got space for a recliner in the front row? Them chairs tend to hurt my butt after a while lol :joint:

yeah man just set up over here and feel right at home :tiphat:

man this should be interesting, great genetics in great hands, im following the development closely.
cheers

hehe don't know how great my hands have been recently lol. i should have stuck to my normal rock wool starter cubes to start the seeds, i always seem to have a hard time popping seedlings in coco. but i'll do my best to make it worth your time :joint:

Going to be interesting to follow....

thanks bro, welcome to the show. i really need to speed up a bit, my stash is getting lower and lower :bongsmi:

Hope u dont mind if i tag along... sounds very promising.

you are most welcome. we shall see if we get the plants to meet their promise :)

few pics from a few days back

i have switched them to 250 watt mh, still waiting for them to get established better before i hook up the auto drip irrigation. will probably do it today or tomorrow, normally ends up speeding up things. just a bit worried about them damping off, lol.

Dr. D

Veteran
Nice one gaius, im defo following this one. i just grew out some G33 x CJ that i made a while back, came out awesome. The CJ was quite dominant in my cross and i wasnt going to continue the line but after the way these plants came out im gonna search for a male and see what happens next...Keep us posted bro..Peace

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
man its funny you say that, i allways have some kind of problem wen putting seeds straight in to coco myself, so this last batch of seeds i put them in rockwool and no problems whatsoever, the roots must establish well beffore take a good drink in coco, specially under CFL´s, i know i already know that, im just saying because even i know that and still from time to time one plant complains about it.
cheers

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
tagged!
sd x cj sounds like a superb cross. there will be definately some keepers around.
may they do well and bring you lot of tasty weed. :)
greetings,randa

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cool!

Will be good to watch another batch of these beans being sifted through. Are you keeping cutting this time GM or will you try reveg any keepers? Maybe an idea to do a some more beans so then we can all get a chance to bid on em @ seedbay ;) lol...

Be watching...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Nice one gaius, im defo following this one. i just grew out some G33 x CJ that i made a while back, came out awesome. The CJ was quite dominant in my cross and i wasnt going to continue the line but after the way these plants came out im gonna search for a male and see what happens next...Keep us posted bro..Peace

nice to have you along for the ride Dr. D

yeah some how even though the pheno of cj i used was not a very special pheno, the seeds from that plant have been just as interesting as the seeds from the sd ibl. some how the great genetics in the line of CaseyJones are showing up stronger in the seeds then the mother. so go for it, you can't know til you try.

man its funny you say that, i allways have some kind of problem wen putting seeds straight in to coco myself, so this last batch of seeds i put them in rockwool and no problems whatsoever, the roots must establish well beffore take a good drink in coco, specially under CFL´s, i know i already know that, im just saying because even i know that and still from time to time one plant complains about it.
cheers

yeah i'm not gonna start seeds directly in coco again, i quite like the jiffy starters and might use them to open the seed, then stick it in a RW cube, the rw is just so easy to start plants, you don't have to worry about over watering rw even with seedlings. gave them some trichoderma in the nutrient solution the other day ad it seems to have helped. they are starting to look stronger.

tagged!
sd x cj sounds like a superb cross. there will be definately some keepers around.
may they do well and bring you lot of tasty weed. :)
greetings,randa

thanks man, great to see you here. i agree totally it will bring me some keepers, hasn't failed yet. i really loved the results i got from the last 5 ladies i grew of these seeds.

Nice man, this sounds like it should be fun for ya. Tagging up.

welcome to the show. yes i'm hoping for some fun, but mainly i'm hoping for a nice amount of good quality smoke, lol. slow beginning is taking the fun away a bit as i'm getting worried about my stash, don't want to have to buy.

Cool!

Will be good to watch another batch of these beans being sifted through. Are you keeping cutting this time GM or will you try reveg any keepers? Maybe an idea to do a some more beans so then we can all get a chance to bid on em @ seedbay ;) lol...

Be watching...

hey ~Shhh~, great to see you made it to my new sd x cj grow. yes i will keep mums this time and only run clones for buds, don't want to lose another batch of such nice keepers as i got last time. my mom box is running, so it will be no problem to keep mums. even my bloom box is very close to being completed, just have some visitors at the moment so i can't do any building till they go back home. but everything is pretty much ready and just has to be assembled. will update my building a box thread when i get on it again.

you know i probably will make some seeds again as even if there is no longer 100% keepers, as long as there are still some it will be worth it to keep the cross in my seed collection. this time i will use all the males. last time i just used a two of them.

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
few pics i took over the last 5 days or so...

few pics i took over the last 5 days or so...

as you will see they are stable now, even the small top 44xsd/cj look like they will pull through. one of the sdxcj is still too small to be repotted, but even that one is doing better since i gave some trichoderma in the water. for the moment i want to let them all catch up a bit before i start the auto watering.

ps: my cheeky cats, or one of them made his way in the other day, hence the chewed leaves on some of them. i caught her at it, but was already too late for some fan leaf tips lol. curtain with velcro will not be enough, will probably add a roll down door in the end.

pps: smoking a big fatty of my sd x cj pheno 5 from last round with these seeds, like every time i light it up, i'm amazed at the taste and flavours of this one, some afghani genes must have snuck in there some how with that pheno 5. you called that one well ~Shhh~ mate, i really hope i get another one that is like that. i can add 50% tobacco and it smokes like it's nearly pure, the taste is so strong. if i make it pure, you end up coughing with nearly every puff, unless you take small sips. very very strong taste and smell. getting high to go and watch inception in a bit, perfect bud for the occasion, lol.

Last edited:

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
ps: my cheeky cats, or one of them made his way in the other day, hence the chewed leaves on some of them. i caught her at it, but was already too late for some fan leaf tips lol. curtain with velcro will not be enough, will probably add a roll down door in the end.

haha i know this. have the same problem with my 2 rabbits. beside the leaves they're eating everything - wallpaper, rubber, toiletpaper.
just everything. they even nibbled my homebox. little bastards. :D

that sdxcj smoke sounds really good. have fun watching inception. it's a nice movie. nothing special but ok. :)

Looking forward to the show gaius. You mentioned it being easy to start seeds in rockwool. I'm going to be starting 4 fem'd trainwreck seeds in rockwool before they go into netpots for DWC.

When did you start adding nutrients to your water? Would this be different at all with rockwool? My current plan is PH'd distilled water for germination, bubbled PH'd tapwater until true leaves are visible, and then 1/8th nutes until I decide to up to 1/4, etc.