What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Afghan breeding project

G

Looking forward to seeing the pics Alfred! The green pheno turns pink down below, taste and smell and potency are aboput the same as the purple I found. Yes, the puple colour, as you found is not a reaction to temperature, I grew mine in a wardrobe last summer and it was never below 24 celsius in there, sometime as high as 32 but generally around 28 or 28. They begin with green buds and only turn purple 2 weeks or so into flowering, it was a pleasant surprise the first time I grew them, they were all green, then one day I thought I saw some purpling on them, the next day, half were quite purple, a week later, well, they looked like this and I knew I was gonna have some pretty plants!

P1010003.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010011.jpg

elsocio

Muchas gracias Ganja Pasha por invitarme ha dejar unas fotos, espero te gusten.

Hola Alfred, por aquí estamos aprendiendo cosas sobre estas afghanas.

Buenos estas son de todas, es de hace 6 días.

Estas otras son de tres de ellas, una la del centro 3 ramas por nudo y conserva identica altura en las ramas de los nudos, espero siga asi hay otra que en el 3 nudo a variado la altura, a derecha e izquierda han salido 2 con 2 plantas por semillas, intentare mantener los dos parentales.

Un saludo.
El Socio.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a very impressive phenotype BH. How's your outdoor project coming along?

G

Gracias por las fotos elsocio. Todos ellos ver bonito, verde y saludable. Interesante ver cómo muchas señoras verde a encontrar y cómo muchas moradas.

Espero que disfruten cada vez más estos afganos, es para mí un gran placer ver a otras personas cada vez más estos genes. Muchas gracias a Alfred para la reproducción!

Hiya Sammet. The others phenos were just as nice, the pther purple one was slightly different in her bud formation - more foxtailing and a slightly darker shade of purple. The green one was the same as the other purple one, only green/pink. The outdoor is progressing apace, despite the usual array of setbacks and accidents resulting in dead plants, I need to do a load of updating of my outdoor thred, so many pictures!

G

Hiya Groovy, yup I'm still here, new handle but still rollin along as before!

Ulysses

Oh yeah! Crossing that Purple Afghani with that Mex you have is the one I've been waiting for!!!

MMMmm... I can practically taste it... :bandit:

Tomatoesonly

So, did Alfred gift you the beans or were they commercially available?
Is there anything like that plant that in seed form on the Sbay or Sboo?
Thing is just nuts.

G

Hiya Ulysses, yup, the Afghan x Mexican is the one I'm really looking forward to myself, just harvested my two SAGE clones tonight (pics tomorrow) and put a Mexican clone in to replace them, she will be getting groovy with my Afghan male shortly!

Hiya tomatoesonly. I gave the seeds to Alfred. I originally received them a couple of years ago from a friend in the UK who got them from one of his friends who collected them in Afghanistan. I don't think there's anything quite like it available commercially, reeferman's Pink Kush is supposed to have a very pink/purple pheno, at least according to the pic reeferman uses to advertise it.

very nice i found one just like that in a pack of nirvana seeds when i first started growing 3 years ago. Did not know how to clone at the time what a shame. it smelled like bubblegum :bashhead:

G

It's supposed to have been brought back from Afghanistan.

Many Nirvana strains have purple phenos, their breeder Mau used a special purple Skunk male to make many of Nirvana's lines so purple Skunk phenos do crop up.

The PA breeding project continues, despite personal issues. Last week I pollinated three exotic tropical pure sativa ladies from 3 different continents with distinctly different characters with magic dust from my Purple Afghan male, went to visit the ladies today and there are plenty of shrivelled, orange pistils and swelling calyxes - growing out those progeny is far more interesting to me that selfing a cut, no matter how elite or sought-after it may be!

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

G

The PA female survives as well and is being cloned as we speak. I have a cut of this female at 24 days of 11/13, she is now producing calyxes and if she is a purple pheno she will start turning purple in the next 10 days, so fingers crossed! If she's a green pheno, I'll discard her and the cuts and start some more seeds.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

JJ-NYC

Out of the 10 seeds you gave me, 9 sprouted and I got 4 females and 5 males out of that. The females were all cloned and put into flower. They are in their second week so it's too early to tell if any of them will turn purple.

G

Hey JJ-NYC, great to see you're still around man, fingers crossed you get a purple pheno. The purple ones turn purple after 4 weeks of flower, from what I recall. This is one of the purple phenos at about 30 days:

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

rasjano

hello bro...nice project do you have :joint:
how many days of bloom do you think they are gona be????

saludos desde suramerica :headbange

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
beautiful rooted cuts bh! nice project. i have a few pas on my countryspot. pix later.

Latest posts

Latest posts