What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE NEPAL THREAD

bodhiseeds

Veteran
your amazing sixtynine 69, thanks for the correction, everybody loves a stoner geographer, i have a friend who is a retired english teacher, he is super cool, but you have to be super aware of your grammer around him or he goes wild, we all love him because hes so eccentric. so please correct any geography or spelling or whatever seems to be uncorrect, i want this thread to be as full of facts as possible, i want this thread to be like a pirate ship where we all steer the ship into info adventure, so anybody thats got info or pictures jump aboard. :jump:

b8man: outside of town you dont really see any police, and most of the ganja fields are wild, so i would say its pretty safe play in the plants. ive been a couple of times during the war and i always felt safe even then.

mirage: the highland hash has a very dreamy clear motivational sparkling forward excelleration smile on your face , high five to the universe feeling.
the lowland ive had a little more body euphoria feeling with a the sativa cosmic fire in the brain effect. there are indicas and sativas in nepal. some people do a dry sift hash, and buds are around too (the babas usually smoke plant material). the mountain handrub is the best imho. :headbange

dubi: any pics of your nepalis or nepali hybrids?

Mirage

sixtynine 69... Thanks for the history lesson as well. Well done. Just wondering where you got that info from...? Have you been to Nepal as well? If so please give forth with more info!

b...Brilliant description. I had a feeling that it would be the upland/high altitude plants/hash that would produce the dreamy happy type high. Thanks so much for the info.

One more question. Do you know if the Satori from Mandala is from the highlands of Nepal? Really looking for that type of dreamy happy connected to the universe high. tia.

Peace.
Mirage

P.S. Let's ride this train until it gets to Nepal... :joint:

A

Afghanicus

Does anyone know what part or parts of Nepal one would find indica varieties? I'm seriously considering going there around october and i'll be doing some seed collection if i do. I need to go on a holiday and what better a place?

bodhiseeds

Veteran
heres a few more photos from the langtang trek....

Afghanicus: the himalayan indicas are much more elusive than the all prevading mountain sativas, there are areas in the annapurna or around kathmandu you may still find some, if you end up going pm me and ill hook you up with some people in nepal that can help you in the right direction.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
bodhi friend,

Here are some pics of the pure nepalese kathmandu sativa we have been working with the past 10 years (thanks Syd, i though i lost the pics after OG fall ;))

Im sure you have seen many many wild nepalese sativas similar to this, i believe this is the classic himalayan phenotype: small seeds, thin stem that curve gently with the weigth in flowering time, dark colours in stems and flowers, very exotic aromas like natural strawberries with mountain spicies (rosemary), fluffy flowers and a flowering time of 12-13 weeks aprox.

First harvest with original kathmandu seeds

Second generation nepalese kathmandu, finishing end of October

Beautiful red stem detail

Nepalese kathmandu indoor bud passing mid flowering

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a Nepal Mist female starting to grow vigorously. Grown from seed in a little 5 liter pot and moved to soil 15 days ago.

It's a nepalese kathmandu x kali mist, this is the second generation (F2) im working with, almost identical compared with original F1 hybrid, growing more uniform than expected

G

Jeezus dubi, that first pic of the Mexican x Nepali isn't a plant, it's a hedge! reckon she'll pull a couple of pounds?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ehehhehehe thanks indicalover and British Hempire! :D

Mexican x nepalese was grown like 5-6 years ago, one of our first nepalese kathmandu hybrids, extremely vigorous and high yielding outdoors. We loved her, she had the exotic nepalese aromas but the vigour, branching, early/mid flowering and dense flowers of the mexican.

It's hard to grow this huge plants after past problems with thieves. :spank:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Great thread, well done!

Another big-time Nepali fan here.
In fact, now that I've seen how easy Nep genetics are to grow, I can't envisage ever being without them. (Cheers dubi :wink: )

When does the growing season end in the Nep highlands? I see mentions of October harvests and 12-14 week flowering periods, is frost not a problem in them thar high valleys?

bodhiseeds

Veteran
amazing shots dubi.......
so of those plants are so big looks like a bamboo forest, any ninjas live in there?:headbange :headbange :headbange

blink: dollars down in nepal but its still pretty darn cheap.....

bodhiseeds

Veteran
gert: october is the begining of ripening depending on variety, location, etc... some plants can go untill the snows hit in late december.

hazy

Veteran
British_Hempire said:
A friend's youngr brother went to Nepal for a couple of months last year, brought back hundreds of photos of himself stood next to plants, most of them he just spotted at the roadside or growing as weeds on unused bits of land between buildings. I looked at all his photos with great interest, a mix of sativas and what we think of as Afgan indicas - short, broad leafed and very leafy. When I asked him if he brought any seeds back he said "why?"
:spank:
why???!
let me count the reasons

1.to grow, duh.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
heheheh i think we need expert ninjas to defend this trees from plant thieves :bashhead:

thank you very much for your nepalese seeds bodhi, we apreciate it a lot. I hope to reproduce them along with other nepalese sativa next year.

Is the langtang a little bit indica? Looks shorter with indica leaf traits, not like wild himalayan sativas (kathmandu and annapurna).