What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contaminated Medical Marijuana Believed To Have Killed California Cancer Patient

R

Robrites

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A rare fungal infection has killed a California man undergoing cancer treatment and it’s believed he got it from medical marijuana.
The treatment left the man’s immune system compromised, but his death still surprised doctors because he was relatively young and his cancer was beatable. He was using medical marijuana to fend off the treatment’s effects. After his death, testing of 20 medical marijuana samples from across the state found the vast majority were contaminated with dangerous bacteria and fungi.
“It started with a couple patients that were undergoing very intensive chemotherapy and a stem cell therapy, and those patients were very immune compromised,” explained Dr. Joseph Tuscano of the University of California, Davis Cancer Center.
The California man was one of those patients who was already in a very serious cancer fight. Then that fight suddenly became much more complicated with a relatively rare but particularly lethal fungal infection.
“We thought it was strange to have cases of such a bad fungal disease in such a short amount of time,” said Dr. George Thompson, a fungal infection expert with UC Davis Medical Center.
Dr. Michael Hirt specializes in integrative medicine and the fungus that was in the man’s body was equivalent to what is on rodent droppings.
Hirt says telltale signs of contamination are a stale, musty smell and black, light blue or green dots on the leaves.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...ved-to-have-killed-california-cancer-patient/

seeded

So a man with a weakened immune system from literally having cancer dies from a fungal infection and instead of actually testing his remaining stash or even his vape or pipe they decide to test 20 random samples of cannabis that weren't even sourced locally and then point their fingers at the contaminated herb they bought saying they've witnessed the first cannabis related death in all of history and we're meant to buy it?

I've smoked myself retarded but even I'm not that stupid...

blastfrompast

Veteran
Test his stash, Check the home for mouse infestation perhaps?

Not going to deny there are alot of growers out there flipping moldy product tho....... OD especially..."just cut around the boitris man"....FUCK...."dunk it in water to wash the pm off"....

Surprising what gets sold as Meds...

DAT

Hopefully with cali going legal, they will require stricter testing for meds so dirty weed is never sold. If that cancer patient was smoking weed that moldy he wanted to die, that's pretty out there.

geneva_sativa

Lots of scapegoating and bullshit abounding in the media regarding cannabis these days.

Between the reefer madness crowd and canna-companies vying for the market using scare tactics for the purpose of creating a perceived need for their products or service, it would seem the world is ending.

But as I have said before, you cant screw over folks and not have that grief return back to your door. That, you can bank on.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Sounds pretty suspect to me, seems like some last minute propaganda. The prohibitionist know the end is near, and are likely going to resort to very low and dirty tactics to delay the end of prohibition, but we know they can't win. The war on drugs is soon over, drugs won!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
"They're" pushing back. I see it more and more. I don't know about this particular case but it seems to fit the mold.

So a man with a weakened immune system from literally having cancer dies from a fungal infection and instead of actually testing his remaining stash or even his vape or pipe they decide to test 20 random samples of cannabis that weren't even sourced locally and then point their fingers at the contaminated herb they bought saying they've witnessed the first cannabis related death in all of history and we're meant to buy it?

I've smoked myself retarded but even I'm not that stupid...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very suspect..

Very suspect..

I have Cancer. While undergoing Strong Chemotherapy a full blood panel + was taken and evaluated before each infusion.

It's pretty hard to miss when your immune system starts to take a dive. Then your Oncologist will stop or adjust your dosages, allowing your body to recover.

I feel sorry for the guy and his doctor, this smells of lawyers Fake News.

I wonder if we hear anymore about this.

Peace

P.S. - I'm all for testing :tiphat: but I don't test mine

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sounds pretty suspect to me, seems like some last minute propaganda. The prohibitionist know the end is near, and are likely going to resort to very low and dirty tactics to delay the end of prohibition, but we know they can't win. The war on drugs is soon over, drugs won!

they have been using "low & dirty tactics" since the WOD began. nothing new to see here, move along...:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts