What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burmese Sativa (VISC/Chimera) Who Likes?

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Bud Man, Looking sweet and super snow on her too! Enjoy
Thanks brutha...yep, she's pretty frosty, had a big old hit of scissor hash when I was done, man what a buzz! Watched the Predators/Ducks hockey game but had no idea what the final was...had to check this morning...."oh yeah, that's right"! :)

Peace
BM

R

=Roos=

I always had the doubt that in the maui wowie x burmese I had c99 ..
Because of this unbelievable smell I met.

I would like to try.(VISC)
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

anurag

Burmese and Jack Herer

Burmese and Jack Herer

Hey =Roos=!

Thanks brutha, the odor is very tropical fruit, with an unmistakable spiciness from the Jack H...and the smoke is awesome!

Peace
BM
Hi Bud_Man, May I ask, where did you source the JH part of those purple beauties?

Stash

The plants that I have are very much sativa and now just waiting for the pollen to drop. I have one male to use as pollen source, I pulled the second male as he grew a lot of female flowers. When done I should have a shit load of Burmese F2 seeds. Later, Stash

Stash

My 3 Burmese plants didn't take the pollen, so no seeds. The female plants are still flowering with no signs of slowing down. The plants have grown well past my lights. I still have more seeds but these really need to be open pollen bred, out doors and I can't do it. Got in over my head on this one. Later, Stash

Kush_Kloud

So what are you going to do with your other Burmese seeds now Stash? Who would be able to do the open pollination of your Burmese seeds if you can't?

KK

lilburley

burmese

burmese

In the stash, I have reeferman Bodhi sativa, chimera fighting Buddha, snow high general ho, pure Burmese landrace, karma Burmese haze, and that's just off the top of my head, but i'm sure there's more. I have all kinds of sweet Burmese genetics, and genetics in general, and currently no suitable home for them right now. FML!:moon:

Bud Jones

Cool thread!! Here’s my Burmese at day 60, she has a beautiful Sour Apple blowpop nose..
picture.php

xerb

Hey Bud_Man, Hey fellow Burmese fans!

I just wanted to let you know the pure VISC Burmese has been saved for another generation.
I pollinated a couple lower branches on every female, seeds have been growing for several weeks now,
and expect to start harvesting the first plants within a week or two.

I still have the best males going - I expect they will be dropping pollen all summer.
Of the 10 strongest males, only one showed hermie tendencies, and that was limited to one small branch.
Might this have been because of the rather severe haircut I gave them ?

I just love pollinating the girls ! XERB

DSC_0436.JPG

clearheaded

fucking incedible was grapefruite aka dynamite cross possibly romulan?

or was it sweettooth... lol

Last edited:

Chappi

Growing a couple Burmese from Coastalseeds rn. I like what I see but yeah no nld to be seen except for the cross to the Swazi.

xerb

Burmese IBL - one of the best pure sativas I have ever smoked or grown.

It may not always be narrow leaved - but it sure doesn't seem to have indica in it !

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0280.JPG Views:	14 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	17831207

This plant had fat leaves when it was young.

Everything points to it being a very unique highland sativa here.
It could have just as easily been selected for long flowering and be a 14 - 16 week finisher.

Click image for larger version  Name:	burmese1.JPG Views:	14 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	17831208

Click image for larger version  Name:	burmese1.JPG Views:	14 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	17831208

Here we are at 10 weeks , and 90 percent of the plants are still pushing out more bud.
Only 1 little freak who started to throw male flowers has been harvested at 9 weeks.

Cheers, XERB

PS The strawberry pheno is holding on to that distinct strawberry candy smell - she looks ripe,
but I want to wait a few more days, a week tops!

Last edited:

clearheaded

noice, ya think folks arent getting what they think with coastal seeds. if had crazy variation maybe but if all are wide leafed or majority look more wld then even hybrid, think they are repro thseeds burmese kush probably.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
My god that looks amazing, dont lose her! Id be so hype to find any girls that looked like that... Just look like a super picky feeder and not dialed in..Maybe dialed in to VPD and higher temps/ less food and it woulda filled out different and went a more thin light green body than the dark green rubbery leaf... Id love to have that girl in the garden tho for sure you can tell it has the path to gold in her blood lol

xerb

My god that looks amazing, dont lose her! Id be so hype to find any girls that looked like that... Just look like a super picky feeder and not dialed in..Maybe dialed in to VPD and higher temps/ less food and it woulda filled out different and went a more thin light green body than the dark green rubbery leaf... Id love to have that girl in the garden tho for sure you can tell it has the path to gold in her blood lol

I have been growing this IBL for 20 years - not about to lose her now!
She has a most unusual growth pattern.
I wanted to say "see my grow journal" but they disappeared with the last software update.

Grown in living soil without any fertilizers, just worms doing their thing, and a light mulch to keep them happy.
Even the longest flowering strains don't run out of steam near the end like they did years ago when I used fertilizers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0585.JPG Views:	25 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	17834393

She isn't going to fill in without breeding for it. She puts out big finger-sized fox tails.
Even the biggest buds are all fox tails, unlike some of the other Burmese I have seen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0534.JPG Views:	23 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	17834394

Temp are right where I want them. About 50 F at night. 1 hour into the light cycle it rises to 70 F.
Temp slowly rises all day to 82 - 90 F for the last few hours. So far I have not turned on the A/C yet this year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0647.JPG Views:	29 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	17834395

This time around I have been giving them plain water, but just enough to stress them for the last few weeks.
The colder nights are intentional, trying to stress them, bring on senescence, but they seem to love it.

Clean air, clean water, bright light and loving prayers. She is allowed to express herself under the best possible conditions I can provide as a doting parent!

These pictures today are exactly 90 days from the seeds popping up out of the ground, they got a 21 day veg.

Please, What are you thinking I should try in terms of her "not dialed in" ?

I really hope to have her dialed in before I die ! XERB

PS. With the way I grow, plants are typically very green until senescence sets in (without anything but water).
Here is a Haze ready for harvest at just over 15 weeks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4351.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	17834614

Last edited:

xerb

This is the strawberry pheno I found this time. Intense and very distinct strawberry smell - way stronger
and more aromatic than any "Strawberry Cough" I've grown.
-- If her smells holds through cure, she could be a cup winner ! --
Unfortunately she is about 1/4 the size of the 10 biggest girls.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0637.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	17834667

Out of these 15 young ladies, 4 seem to be really outstanding in terms of smell, one happens to be
the gal in the first picture in the last post. This is a very large and vigorous plant.

Each of these girls had several branches hit with pollen.
The seeds are dark and hard with 5 weeks of bake time.

I do have Burmese pollen available right now from 6 beautiful, firm studs.

Somebody in another post mentioned this and I totally agree:
Using Burmese pollen produces far better hybrids than hitting the Burmese with pollen from
another strain.
For example "Juicy Fruit X Burmese" is much, much better than "Burmese X Juicy Fruit", not just
slightly better, it is a night and day kind of thing.
In this case, the traits of flavor and being extremely aromatic seem to get passed from the male.

I am just waiting for the perfect moment to pluck these flowers! XERB

xerb

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas, Can I "dial her in" better?
This is VISC Burmese from the late 90s - maybe 2000.
She has always grown buds that look like big fat fox tails, bigger buds are just masses of these snake-like runners.

What other strains have this type of bud structure ?
I have seen plenty of fox tails, haze, zamal, etc, but look at the size and density of these.
I have been growing this strain for decades and always took it for granted - this is just the way it grows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0713.JPG Views:	0 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	17837686

I don't understand the above comment - what is VPD?

I really don't think the temps can get any higher, the plants would not be happy.
Today it is 85 F at canopy height 2.5 hours before lights off, leaf surfaces must be quite a bit higher.
They get great clean fresh air.

Where do rubbery leaves come from?
The only time I have seen what I would call a rubbery leaf is after a nice slow cure.

They are extremely happy in their soil, and grow amazingly fast.

I have always grown organically, and they get nothing but water for 3-4 weeks before finishing.
I do not use fertilizers, other than a layer of mulch between crops, and a few alfalfa pellets weekly (worm food).
No foliars, ever.

I just recently harvested a 3 foot tall Romulan which yielded 8 oz of beautifully cured bud - and there was only
1/4 oz of small buds, everything else was big fat nuggets.

These 3 week old seedlings were 10" tall and 18" across, they go into 11/13 and usually show sex within a week or so.
They are now at 10 weeks flowering. Two weeks ago I changed the light cycle to 10.5/13.5
This is what they look like :

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0715.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	17837687

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0720.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	17837688

I have seen buds start to run when too close to the lights, but that is not the case here.
Even buds in the corners of the room, farthest from the lights grow with exactly the same bud structure.

Could they be getting too much love? You should see them perk up when I tell them "the boys are coming" ! XERB

PS. This is a seed crop, every female has several lower branches hit with pollen. Seeds were ripe weeks ago.
I started with 10 males, but am only keeping the 6 best for future use.
Maybe I'll hit a 1990 Sensi Seeds Juicy Fruit - IF I can find the right girl... fingers are crossed

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts