What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burmese Sativa (VISC/Chimera) Who Likes?

snooze

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd add to it since there is very little info on Leprechaun seed co on the net. I'm a huge fan of Leprechaun seed Co's Bourbon st which is (c99xromulan)x Burmese sativa.

This is pretty much what you are looking for, nice friendly sativa high, no paranoia, you can still be social. Like c99 without an edge.

Great taste, smell and bag appeal. I've gotten a pineapple pheno, and a candied almost grape/grapefruit pheno. Fantastic plant as well. Not finicky, nice yield, not a crazy stretcher.

I collected pollen from a very vigorous Broubon St male to make crosses out of, and I have to really love a plant to go through the trouble of collecting pollen.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Greetings,

I bought some VISC Burmese about 18 years ago. When I grew it, it looked a lot like Indica with broad leaves and very sturdy stems. When it flowered, it stunk to high heaven with a fruity perfume and musk smell. The only traits that seemed Sativa like were the fact that it hermied a bit, and the flowers stretched out. The buds were somewhat beefy.

I wish I still had that strain. I have to say that the first time I smoked it I was not that impressed. I usually think that smoking about 3 hits is a good way to test how potent it is. At this level, the high was pleasantly euphoric. Very enjoyable. When I first smoked a joint between 3 people, about 7 or 8 hits, I really was impressed. It got very trippy. I have a strain now that reminds me of it, Bangi Haze. It has Nepalese in it, and is similar in some ways. Anyway, one of those Burmese was noticeably better than the others, and I miss it very much.

I have been on a quest to find something as good or better than the Burmese. I'm documenting this in a thread named "The Search for Trip Weed". Here is my story (short version):

I grew a Neville's Haze plant about 10 years ago that was the best weed I ever smoked. This is saying something because I have been smoking for over 45 years and have smoked some great ones in my time, including Thai Stick, Jamaican ganja, and Sumatran. I bred that Neville's Haze to a Hawaiian Haze and lastly to a Burmese.

Unfortunately, those children have been a disappointment. However, I'm so fond of the parents that were used, that I started a quest to find a great plant to do further breeding with these children. I'm hoping that breeding to other strains of similar character and potency will bring back traits from those parents that are currently not expressing themselves. I have been looking for these new parents for 10 years. The Bangi Haze is a lock, but I've been holding out for something more like that special freaky Neville's Haze.

Time is running out. I'm currently growing a Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness that looks very promising. I'll be breeding those old seeds within a year so they don't die out on me.

Hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

That sounds a lot like the one that I have, wide indica looking leaves but grows like a sativa smells like cherries decent size buds and always hermies

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Bump... I put a few Burmese in Germ a min ago. Im starting back up the genetic hunt again lol... It seems like cannabiogen has ran out of a lot of stuff I wanted, I have to hurry up and get Panama before its too late, but aside from that Im still VERY interested in Burmese. I guess even cambodian, and other locals are fairly similar. I have to figure out which pack I put the Raspberry cough beans I made in. I have 2 unlabeled packs. Im pretty sure 1 is Sourbubble bx3\4, the other Raspberry cough, and the smaller ones are Raspberry cough but I digress....
I want to email Visc, but my computer is being difficult about it. If anyone could help me by PM'n me their email address I would appreciate it. It wouldnt let me get past a sign in window on their website, and blah blah.....

Im trying to search to see if any other companies are using Burmese. If anyone could help Id greatly appreciate it, I have over 10 tabs open right now lol.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Bump... I put a few Burmese in Germ a min ago. Im starting back up the genetic hunt again lol... It seems like cannabiogen has ran out of a lot of stuff I wanted, I have to hurry up and get Panama before its too late, but aside from that Im still VERY interested in Burmese. I guess even cambodian, and other locals are fairly similar. I have to figure out which pack I put the Raspberry cough beans I made in. I have 2 unlabeled packs. Im pretty sure 1 is Sourbubble bx3\4, the other Raspberry cough, and the smaller ones are Raspberry cough but I digress....
I want to email Visc, but my computer is being difficult about it. If anyone could help me by PM'n me their email address I would appreciate it. It wouldnt let me get past a sign in window on their website, and blah blah.....

Im trying to search to see if any other companies are using Burmese. If anyone could help Id greatly appreciate it, I have over 10 tabs open right now lol.

Hi Doc,

I heard about a strain with a very strange name, something like "Manupuri". When I did a little research, it was a Burmese line. I also remember another company released a Burmese some time ago. I don't remember off hand, but if I come across it, I'll post it here.

ThaiBliss

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Love VISC Burmese...delicious tropical fruit medley and great daytimer...still have over 50 seeds on ice. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• P3150433.jpg
    P3150433.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 26
  • P3160440.jpg
    P3160440.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P3160452.jpg
    P3160452.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P4070537.jpg
    P4070537.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P4090553.jpg
    P4090553.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 24

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You guys are awesome. That is some beautiful stuff mang. Please do tell me about the effect. Maybe you have experience with different harvest times, and the effect differences.... She definitely looks indi dom and hefty as described.

Bud_Man10

Veteran

As far as I know VISC is no longer...think they shut 'er down a few years ago? Just flipped a Jack Herer x Burmese...hoping for something nice there

Peace
BM

Bud_Man10

Veteran
You guys are awesome. That is some beautiful stuff mang. Please do tell me about the effect. Maybe you have experience with different harvest times, and the effect differences.... She definitely looks indi dom and hefty as described.

Yeah, she is a really nice yielder, and yes, very indica looking, however the buzz is all sativa. I usually take it at about 11 weeks.

A couple of more pics.

Peace
BM

Attachments

• P1020013.jpg
    P1020013.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010041.jpg
    P1010041.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22

bloyd

Veteran
I'm about to start some s2s of visc Burmese x haze that I have been working from hazyfontazy freebies. Been a minute but looking forward to get the tropical flavors back. Makes amazing dry sift and has a bright centered high great for yoga.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Manipur

Manipur

Dr Young, the Manipuri that ThaiBliss referred to is from the state of Manipur that borders the western edge of Burma and is one of the "7 sister" tribal areas of NE India. Fascinating area for sure, difficult to travel to and thru... I sure wish I had collected some seeds while in the region a decade ago.

There are 2 active threads about strains from this region in the Landraces section of the forum:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307351

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336578

Enjoy!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Not sure how old these Burmese beans are, but the person that gave them to me said they couldnt get them to germ i believe, and that was 3+ years ago.

Very Happy to say I got 6/6 to germ. I still have 9 left incase I dont get a gem. Im soooooooooooooooo happy right now.. I also have the Paki chitral Kush x Durban Poison X Blueberrys going for my friend BrownTrout for his test grow. I have a female in Aeroponic, and a female in dirt for a well rounded test. Also I'm still doing the Lush LED test to show off how amazing LEDs are with this 435w full spectrum setup. I'll be making a thread soon once I get either the PDBB vegged out or the Burmese sexed. I'll get some pics up regardless soon though, thanks a lot for all the info guys im excited as hell!

Keep the info coming friends!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Just normal small sativaish looking seeds i believe. Not huge like the Sourbubble bx3, SweetTooth#3, Blue Satellite #2.2, and some of the other Paki\Afghani biggens i have\had.