What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mark Phillips arrested after 31 years on the run

hazemaker

Way to go US Marshals! chalk one up for JUSTICE, all those VICTIMS, all those dead potheads way to deal a blow to organized crime, this guys scum 31yrs he ran from lady justice and the nabbed the old man and seized his bicycle! Now if you can figure out how to get osama bin laden you will deal a serious blow to crime everywhere. HOW MANY PEDIPHILES escape your long arm of the law US MARSHALS, while your busy chasing non violent old men, how many murderers how many rapists, how many financial leachs made there plane to the caymans while this US MARSHALS cold case team was chasing a pot smuggler, chasing a pot smuggler 5 years after the same justice department was made aware this plant was safe and further, a cure cancer? How many real criminals go free when resources are spent chasing cannabis related witchhunts? I will tell you fucks how many, TOOOO FUKN MANY! DISGUSTING and they are all proud of themselves but same fukn retards that cant find a 6 ft 7 arab on dialysis.......

ddrew

Veteran
How many millions were wasted chasing this guy around for 30+ years?
How stupid

the gnome

Veteran
hey, old men in retirment, err... I mean felons can't run near as fast as the younger *criminals* but still look just as good on a
G-mans resume'
and another *win* in the WODs :moon:

"Many senior citizens walking around had no idea they had a 31-year fugitive in their midst," said Deputy Marshal David Say. "We caused quite a stir."

whew! we can *all* rest easier now, eh :D

Everyone of these "marshals" need lined up an kicked in the balls. Guy was basically jus sittin in a nursing home waitin to die.

kstampy

A few retarded things here.... They were also smuggling cocaine. He spent his money like a drug dealer and nearly got caught for it so he fled. The guy actually came back to the USA! The guy got a gov issued ID with his real name and all, just asking for it IMO. Sure it is a waste of funds but honestly he probably busted himself sitting in line at the DMV while filling out his legit paper work.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
How many millions were wasted chasing this guy around for 30+ years?
How stupid

I thought murder was the only crime with out a statute of limitations, I guess the pigs claim the statute was tolled for 30 years as they lost track of their accused.

The US government is sooooo cool.

:joint:

G

Guest 88950

I thought murder was the only crime with out a statute of limitations...:joint:

statute of limitations would come into play if he hadn't already been convicted. once convicted and you flee it never goes away, even misdemeanor charges.

still i think they are wasting manpower and money.

Its takes a lot of death to get cocaine into this country especially from Columbia. If you know about what was going on at the time of his smuggling you would know this guys hands are red. This guy didn't care what he shipped. He just cared about the bottom line. Not the people in the jungles enslaved to make it, the bullets that fly in "cocaine wars", or the people who over dosed on it. You can't over dose on weed. Should of just sold the weed and purchased a karmic insurance policy. Don't sell drugs.

G

Guest 88950

Its takes a lot of death to get cocaine into this country especially from Columbia. If you know about what was going on at the time of his smuggling you would know this guys hands are red. This guy didn't care what he shipped. He just cared about the bottom line. Not the people in the jungles enslaved to make it, the bullets that fly in "cocaine wars", or the people who over dosed on it. You can't over dose on weed. Should of just sold the weed and purchased a karmic insurance policy. Don't sell drugs.

the violence is a result of cocaine being illegal in the country of origin so the blood would be on the hands of congress.

honeyoil

Potentially bad news for Mr Phillips: He has to face the same judge he ran out on all those years ago. Yikes!

D

DiiZZii3

^^^ how do u have "0" posts ?!?!?!?

Anyway this is fucked all around. the dea spent millions of taxpayers dollars to take an old man off the streets a "drug smuggler" who had a bicycle and a duffle bag of clothes. Guaranteed they spent more money to bring him in than he ever made in his drug smuggling days just another extremely sucesful opertion in the minds of the dea, but not in the minds of american citizens. Dudes an idiot for not stayin out of the us but still. btw on another subject? how hard is it to smuggle drugs by plane into canada? is it still doable.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet the 31 years spent worrying about getting busted were alot worse than any of us can imagine. They should pardon the guy based on the mental suffering he has endured for so damn long and not dropped dead from it already. Poor old dude I wonder if he still ever got high? :canabis:

Well...I would guess that if Obama bin Laden decided to set up house down at the Shady Rest on Unka Sammys property.... they'd prolly fuckin pee on his parade pronto.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Now we all pay for this bums retirement.

I didn't think convictions in absentia were legal.