What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vero 29 Gen 7's at 100 watt - Distance?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What distance would you recommend for Vero 29 Gen 7's running at 100 watts each, to top of buds.

What would be indication they are too close?? Thought I heard they could foxtail if too close, but not sure.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
About 25cm is closest distance for tops. When too close, they turn albino :)

Cheers

Thanks for the reply!!

I was at about 15cm.

Any suggestions on spacing 2 rows of COB's in 4 x 8 foot tent. Was thinking instead of even, the should be closer to edges, due to overlap light from the other row.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the reply!!

I was at about 15cm.

Any suggestions on spacing 2 rows of COB's in 4 x 8 foot tent. Was thinking instead of even, the should be closer to edges, due to overlap light from the other row.

I run 3 rows in the same sized footprint. With 6 lights in each row.

I really need to increase my air intake size because I can quickly overheat my room if I turn the lights all the way up.

Koondense

Veteran
For a 4x8 the minimum would be 2 rows of 5 100w cobs, so a total 1kw.
Like got bud said, three rows are great but realistically you won't be able to just run it at full power, heat and light levels would need further adjustments of the space. Maybe three rows of five would be a good option for an average tent.

Cheers