What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Popcorn/small buds dry slower

Florere

Hello mates,

I'm wondering for quite some time now, how it comes that if i hang my plants to dry the smaller buds (especially the fluffy ones) dry way slower than the "big" ones.
You should think that the bigger the mass the slower it dries.

Can someone explain this ?

Thanks

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Might be to do with vpd.. Often the higher nugs are in much drier conditions so they hold less water.

Smaller fluffy buds should have a greater surface area to volume ratio so it must be the moisture content upon chopping that affected the drying Imo..

green404

Most times small popcorn buds have more small leaves attached to them. The leaves have steams and hold water longer then the larger bud materiel.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Most times small popcorn buds have more small leaves attached to them. The leaves have steams and hold water longer then the larger bud materiel.
I can see this happening, if one left the leaves only on the small nugs. I nearly always wet trim, and the smaller nugs dry the quickest. They go in the jars first.

BerrySeal

Probably something systemic going into new growth. A lot of the dispensary garbage stays squishy indefinitely, indicating the use of some oil product. Usual accompanied by that olive hue.