What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transporting Medical MJ across state lines illegal?

Barn Owl

OK, here's another one for ya! Just got off the phone with Nevada State checking my status. So they told me it is illegal to buy it in California and bring it across state lines into Nevada. I have a med card in both states. I have a residence in both Nevada and California. They tell me that is "contraband" and I only can get it in Nevada. The women who told me said she was "pretty sure". So I am wondering if that is bullshit or not. Can't really worry about it. They could never prove I got int in CA.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
crossing of state lines... medical or not becomes a federal offense.... drug trafficking charges...remember FED's... don't recognize or acknowledge legal safety w/ medical

as is... the highway system is federal... so using the highway would be there loophole for busting U....

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
and that U " found" it.... otherwise.... again FED's will bust you for ...
" illegal investment of American funds".... IE : using federally printed money to buy dope

I just want to reverberate what everybody here has said. Don't mess around with transporting cannabis across state lines, this includes seeds and clones. Also depending on the route you take you will be going through land owned by the BLM, which is all federal property not state property. Meaning that even if you're in Nevada/Cali the laws will not hold water on BLM property.

HUGE

Veteran
crossing of state lines... medical or not becomes a federal offense.... drug trafficking charges...remember FED's... don't recognize or acknowledge legal safety w/ medical

as is... the highway system is federal... so using the highway would be there loophole for busting U....

Yes this.

Barn Owl

Thanks. Interesting that it is a federal offense to have cannabis anyway! So we are always in deep shit in the eyes of the feds.

Luckily, there is no way to prove where it was grown. One confusing thing was that in Nevada, they were talking about honoring California med patients when they vacation in Nevada, but I guess you can't bring your own.

On BLM land, the states have a ROW on each highway as does the county in each area that is dominated by federal land. But really, it is all about the mood the cop is in when he pulls you over. But since Nevada is 87 percent federally owned, you were probably in trouble from the beginning LOL.

Seems like we are all bait.

Barn Owl

Just a foot note. Nevada has their legal program. You can grow, but that takes a while. So what are your other options until harvest? Use one of the delivery services in Las Vegas? No, those are illegal. Get legal in California and Nevada, but you can't go across state lines and there is no legal source in Nevada but one over priced place that you need to pre register to get into. And oh yeah, if you have asthma and can't smoke or vaporize and edibles help you, making the oil is illegal. And what if, just what if, cannabis really does help you with your chronic pain? Damn, i'm a monster!

Yea we are in a peculiar situation right now in Nevada... The only 100% legal way to obtain meds in Las Vegas is through the only open dispensary. Remember that the law states if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary you can no longer grow your own medicine, its extremely unfair and unjust.
The high cost of legal medicine is in part due to supply/demand, there is an extremely limited supply with only 1 dispensary and no cultivation having full harvests, and a very high demand from patients. The seconds part is because of the strict regulations and testing requirements set in place by the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, each facilities cost of growing cannabis is much higher than an at home garden or an outdoor cultivation. This means that the facilities costs are going to have to be recovered by the final cost of the product. At least supply/demand mark up will decrease over the next year or so as more places come online.

Barn Owl

Remember that the law states if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary you can no longer grow your own medicine, its extremely unfair and unjust.

Yes, that really is messed up. Does not apply to me as I am way out there, but that eliminates anyone in the Las Vegas Valley when you think of it. Really protects the profits of the one or two dispensaries.

With laws like that, it seems like progress is moving at a tortoise pace.

Drewsif

A big time Vegas producer was supplying multiple dispensaries in Az for quite some time. Tryke (Reef dispensaries).

I have zero respect for legal weed. The law is a tool of oppression for those immune from it.

Latest posts

Latest posts