What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about number of plants vs 2 and a half ounce limit

Barn Owl

Hello,

I am still wondering if I should regret putting my name in the Nevada MMJ system. Still no dispensaries and using cooking oil is illegal? I guess I'm in trouble?

So they took my $$$ and told me I could grow 12 plants but can only possess 2 and a half ounces? Not growing 12, just 2, but as medium size plants, it is likely I will get more than 2 and a half ounces. Now I tried to ask the state rep and the doctors and no one knows how to answer this question so I will ask here.

So in simple terms: what happens if they find out you have grown more than your legal 2 and a half ounces? Not like I am talking about it, but I keep getting the feeling you could be a sitting duck for trying to work within this system.

From NORML Nevada medical law:

PATIENT POSSESSION LIMITS

Two and one-half ounces and/or a maximum allowable quantity of edible marijuana products and marijuana-infused products as established by regulation of the Division

HOME CULTIVATION

Yes, twelve mature plants. Limits on home cultivation if patients reside within 25-miles of an operating dispensary. However, patients who are cultivating specific strains of cannabis not provided by a local dispensary may continue to engage in the home cultivation of such strains. Patients who have an established history of cultivating medical cannabis prior to July 1, 2013, also may continue to do so until March 31, 2016.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I can understand the quandary you must be in....

The laws still suck everywhere. There are $$$$ signs in every lawmakers eyes...They want you to think they really care about you, but it's all about the almighty dollar in tax revenues raised...:moon:

I'll never put my name in the system. Until there is total legalization, the politicians will continue to jerk you around and get you to play their game...

When there is total legalization, they won't need your name in their system...

Good luck man.....I know that my plants produce more than 6 grams each too..:biggrin:

Barn Owl

Thanks, you are smart not to put your name in. But I decided to because I am going through some rather painful stuff these days and silly me, I thought it would be safe.

I have a residence in another state, so if it really hits the fan, I'm outta here, but I wish I followed your example!

Barn Owl

The answer is that you are potentially in trouble if your plants produce double the amount. In my experience, you can never calculate the exact amount one plant will produce -even with stable strains. Must depend on how fucked up your local law enforcement is.

That's why I say entrapment. You get someone who is in poor health who has little experience growing - their plants give them 4 ounces and they are in deep shit for having too much. Probably be accused of drug dealing.

But it is nice to have a supply for three months or so. You can go to jail for that apparently, even if you have cancer.

So the answer I've received from local authorities; Nevada DPBH, Deputy DA, DA, and Metro Sheriffs Department; is that you can not have more than 2.5oz on your person at any given time. If you have a garden in your home and you harvest 5oz you should be proactive in putting the bulk of that in a secure and locked location.
Worst case scenario is law enforcement "busts" you for your garden and sees you have 12 plants and over the legal limit of flower, as long as you aren't distributing anything and have firearms in the house the DA will most likely not pursue any charges. It will just be a terrifying experience.
Just be safe with your garden, never carry more than 2.5oz outside of home, and don't let people know about your garden. The cops will kick in the door and take everything before finding out if you're a legal patient.

Barn Owl

Thanks, so they beat your ass first, and ask if you are legal later!

So what if there is a firearm at your residence, but legally registered in your spouses name? Do you go down for just being near the weapon?

Speaking with some lawyers who have been prosecutors on federal drug violations they unanimously agree that they will tack on firearm charges to the drug charge in an attempt bring the case to federal court. Regardless of how/where the gun is stored.

MiracleMeds

Curing with 2.5 ounce limit?

Curing with 2.5 ounce limit?

Hello
I am looking to move to Vegas and face this same problem of 2.5 ounce limit.
I know this is an old thread but I haven't been able to get concrete info from people in Nevada. It's great to hear from Symbiotic AD what LEO in Vegas said. I have spoken to a few lawyers and they seem to agree that the law can be interpreted in anyway the arresting LEO wants to. It would be great to hear more on how it's actually being handled these days.
The only way I see possible to follow these laws would be a small 6 plant perpetual SOG. Harvest 1-2.5 ounces every 2 weeks.
My main issue is who the fuck wants to smoke uncured bud...? No one. Any info on what others are doing? I'd love to have 2 ounces to use and another 2 in curing process but that already could be a felony... Any ideas on curing and this shitty limit? Any help is appreciated.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bro's ....I think you're all over thinking this...their is SIMPLY too much money and your next to really BIG money...California...and Nevada wants it ALL.

Trust me on Nov 4th these greedy bastards are going to figure out a way to squeeze every last dollar out of us...BUT...I think this 2.5 oz thing is really a non issue in the long run and higher limits will be allowed. I "believe" from the research even NOW if you have one of VERY few "producer" licenses, herb limits aren't even an issue and that'a today (I think....confirming with a lawyer in Las Vegas in a week and a half)...but go ahead and worry yourself to death if you want...LOOK Im old school security wise as they get I remember the ILLEGAL DAYS in the 70's,80's 90's 2000' lol... hell I had a friend go to jail in NV for SEEDS!!!

SO be care full, grow dirty if you have to ....daddy needs his paper I get it...but wait.....all will be ok after Nov.....so smoke a bowl......dont ride in your car with MORE than 2.5 oscars (well unless you got to move a couple of elbows LOL) drive the speed limit, drive a CLEAN car....get your shit tight and ADAPT or die!

Im done.........................................................................(drop mic ...walk offstage)

jump /injack

Veteran
All monies derived from taxes on Cannabis should go to the research of the plant. For 50 or 60 years 'government' bureaucracy in the DEA has suppressed Cannabis even though its thought by many to have major ramification for cancer and other afflictions, now the People who have been hassled and imprisoned for decades give to State Government the right to tax. "The Right to Tax is the Right to Ruin" and when you let greedy politicians get a new tax, they and only they wil spend it on themselves and the Unions that support them. Make all taxes go into a fund for medical research or you'll regret it, you can't let politicians have this type of taxing, hands off of taxing Cannabis except for research.

Drewsif

Az judges have said, whatever you harvest over 2.5 oz must stay on site. The focus of the 2.5oz is for transportation. I guess they want you to dry store and smoke in your grow room.

Yes... they have an image in their heads, that the handful of legal growers live in drug compounds where all activities of a druggie life take place. They literally told me, no one can grow on remote location. It must be your home, or you be in violation of all these unwritten rules.

Latest posts

Latest posts