What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mongolian ruderalis

lob19

Veteran
Hi

Some time ago my friend went to Mongolia and knowing my "hobby" he brought me some local weed with plenty of seeds in it.

He has found them close to the city Darchan (mong. Дархан) in the northen part of the country (darker shaded area on the map). It's about 200km nort from Ulanbator, the capital of mongolia marked with star.

picture.php

The climate in this place is extremally continental with a long, cold winter, and a short, warm, dry summer.

picture.php

As you can see the vegetation period is very short
Local people have no idea what cannabis is. Almost nobody smokes it there.

Landscapes
wink.gif

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is how it grows in the wild:

picture.php

Plants are usually small and weak (due to very poor soil and lack of rain), but some of them are much bigger ( up to 5' tall).

picture.php

the buds are very loose, but there were some trichoms visible on the calyxes (hope I spell it right)

picture.php

picture.php

I wonder if those plant have the autoflowering gene. I'll be testing them next season and I'll do a little grow report.

peace

smokefrogg

Veteran
hi! i saw this in the polish forums and was using google translator to help understand

man those are beautiful wild cannabis plants! i'm sure if you search through you will find some special things! may it work out extra well for you and your canna journey! =)

Dr_Tre

It's cool to see cannabis thriving in these extreme conditions.:tiphat:Plant and bud structure are similar to wild ruderalis in Bulgaria, yet in Bg plants are bigger and the leaves are not that much serrated.I'll keep an eye on this.:lurk:

the END

Awesome! It would interesting to cross such strain to lowryder or something to try to bring a whole new pallette of ruderalis to autoflowering...
But idk man do what you gonna and have funn!

Andyo

Veteran
keep it land race

keep it land race

Please keep some un hybridised.
In breed them .
Whats the smoke like ?
Wait until next season wtf?

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
very cool find my friend :)

i see big things for this plant :)

it doesn't even look like cannabis until you get close to it :)

E

elmanito

picture.php

This one looks very nice, but the only purpose with these varieties is to develop a good hemp seed strain.There is a possibility that the seeds contain a high amount of SDA (Stearidonic acid).
It would be interesting to test the cannabinoid profile from this variety, but probably it is nothing special.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

lob19

Veteran
Wow, thanks for response :tiphat:

i saw this in the polish forums and was using google translator to help understand

after I saw ppl translating it on Polish forum I thought about posting it here, for the bigger audience.

what was the smoke like?

It wasn't very tasty or strong, but it gave a delicate stone/chillout effect. There wasn't much resin on it, but I think more of it could develop in better conditions.

I'll try to cross it with some more potent strains,as well as stabilize it. I'll plant a lot of them, so there will be a lot of plants to select best phenos. Unfortunately I don't have indoor conditions for this, so it's gonna take couple of years outdoors :D

thank you all for comment and K !

peace

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool pics and plants! Mad love! :respect:

I owe you some +K when I recharge so remind me please :canabis:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
CBD content will be not so high as some cultivars from Lebanon, Afghanistan ,Pakistan or China.:blowbubbles:

But the percentage of pure cbd plants will be high and you can always make oil out of it. You don't need to smoke tons of cbd anyway to get the benefits.

I read a paper where European rudy tested 8% cbd.

E

elmanito

But the percentage of pure cbd plants will be high and you can always make oil out of it. You don't need to smoke tons of cbd anyway to get the benefits.

I read a paper where European rudy tested 8% cbd.

Which paper???? :D

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'll try to look it up! Yesterday I failed but I posted it to a member here, maybe he still has the link.