What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maj.Cottonmouth's First Vertical Grow

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Welcome all!

I am changing up a couple of things and I have decided to go all hydro as well vertical for my fifth go round.

I have seven 5 gallon buckets with a 27 gallon controller and a 550 GPH pump feeding 1/2" lines straight to each bucket that are restricted to 1/4" inside the bucket. Drain system is 3/4" with two paths back to the controller.

Getting this RDWC setup so it doesn't leak took a lot more time than I expected and damn near killed me not to mention the wasted money but hey the damn thing works now :)

You can see the three different iterations I went through in my album for this grow before finding one that works.

I am not quite done yet but getting very close so I thought I would start my grow log now.

I started germinating the following seeds on 10/14 -
1x Nirvana Feminized White Castle
1x GHS Feminized Cheese
1x GHS Feminized The Church
2x Nirvana Maui Waui
4x Mosca Negra C99 BX-1

If they all pop I will be gifting one of the Maui Waui and one of the C99's to a friend.

Picture time

Working drain system and feed side that will leak

Feed side changed to all 1/2" and no freakin' leaks

Controller bucket and feed line

Pipe insulation almost done

The lights, 3x 400 watt CMH

Rehung the carbon filter

I still need to cover the buckets with Reflectix and run some extension cords for two of the air pumps and the ac.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
10/21/2010

10/21/2010

So the Cheese seed has not popped and I killed the Maui Waui #1 sprout when I was trying to get the shell off of it. (might have been a wee bit drunk but I was emboldened because I had just successfully gotten the shell off of the Church seed.)

On with the pics

Left side

The Church

C99-BX1 #1

C99-BX1 #3

Right side

White Castle

C99-BX1 #2

C99-BX1 #4

Maui Waui #1 & #2 - #1 is the probably dead one sitting on top

whodair

Veteran
So the Cheese seed has not popped and I killed the Maui Waui #1 sprout when I was trying to get the shell off of it. (might have been a wee bit drunk but I was emboldened because I had just successfully gotten the shell off of the Church seed.)

ahhh a little drunken gardening mishap ?? i was hammered and lost my balance, ended up crowd surfing over my garden while crushing plants and smashing buckets...so you did pretty good maj cottonmouth !!!

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thanks everyone:thank you:

Finally some action in the garden worth showing, had some early issues with water temps getting too high and the water would start getting funky and I would change out all the water and refill. I fill my system with straight out of the tap water and the pH is 8.1 to 8.4 and I have to pH down it over a few days until it stabilizes so the poor little plants were getting bounced all over the place. Shit is settled down now because I spent $350 I don't have on a chiller but it will be worth it, hell it already is. pH is stable at 5.7, water temps drop to 66 at lights off and run at 70 with lights on. EC has been .4 but I will be feeding soon. I plan to bump up to around .6 and see what they do. Anyway, pics.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally we got some update from you ahhha, bout time!

ladies looking good maj, plz keep on update so i can watch them ladies grow up :)

cheers,
red/

U

unthing

Great stuff, gonna follow on the background. There isn't too many cmh-grows and even less vertical ones :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Wow thanks everyone

ahhh a little drunken gardening mishap ?? i was hammered and lost my balance, ended up crowd surfing over my garden while crushing plants and smashing buckets...so you did pretty good maj cottonmouth !!!

One of those disastrous at the time but funny later stories, I hope you didn't do too much damage to yourself or your garden.

Im stoked to see how this work out for you maj!

Me too! Has great potential I just have to not f it up

Great stuff, gonna follow on the background. There isn't too many cmh-grows and even less vertical ones :)

Hopefully it ends well and we both learn along the way. I am not sure about the penetration with them being only 400 watts be we shall see.

great work so far! Can't wait to see the next set of pic's :woohoo:

Thank you:cathug: now that there is actual growth I will be updating regularly

awesome grow man, looking forward for more updates, promise good!!

Thank you, more updates soon, I promise.

M

mosca negra

Alright Maj. Cottonmouth! Bookmarked for sho!! Good looking system and you're off to a great start-- will be following along closely. Will be sending you positive Vibes for all gals...

Cheers,

Mosca

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Alright Maj. Cottonmouth! Bookmarked for sho!! Good looking system and you're off to a great start-- will be following along closely. Will be sending you positive Vibes for all gals...

Cheers,

Mosca

Wow, thank you very much for looking in on my little grow, much appreciated Mosca. :respect: Any advice will be heeded.

I am going with the less is more theory but I have heard that the C99's really eat Cal and Mg. I just changed the res about an hour ago and added 2ml per gallon of GH Micro, Grow and Bloom and will be adding 1ml per gallon of Cal/Mg in about an hour. If anyone wants to chime in on my feed schedule please do, I am winging this whole damn operation.

M

mosca negra

One of my students is avg 4 ozs per plant by limiting the branches to 4-6 per plant and are packed 9 buckets per 1K of lights. Some pretty good numbers... And don't forget to open the plant up. The Cinderella BX-1 will eat more nutes than most plants in the garden like you mentioned. Will be good to see what you can do with her in your system.

Cheers,

Mosca