What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acreage Holdings

brookie

This is why legalization is a total failure. There is no greater evil in the cannabis world than these type of businesses. Hiring former cops, politicians, money men to control the scene and profiteer . They say they own licenses in 11 states seed to dispensary. I would like to see a list posted of what they own and then some serious boycott action on these corporate money grubbers. I mean seriously these freaking cannabis business people hiring cops and politicians...same people who have been jailing us for decades...I would not wipe my ass with their bud or smoke it if it was the last bud on earth ! Fuck John Boehner !

justanotherbozo

Veteran
This is why legalization is a total failure. There is no greater evil in the cannabis world than these type of businesses. Hiring former cops, politicians, money men to control the scene and profiteer . They say they own licenses in 11 states seed to dispensary. I would like to see a list posted of what they own and then some serious boycott action on these corporate money grubbers. I mean seriously these freaking cannabis business people hiring cops and politicians...same people who have been jailing us for decades...I would not wipe my ass with their bud or smoke it if it was the last bud on earth ! Fuck John Boehner !

...you do realize that John Boehner retired from congress several years ago, right?

peace, bozo

brookie

Of course he did, so we forgive him of his sins of the past and let him in to make some money off of cannabis and poor and sick people. He is all compassionate now and evolved now that he can sit back and make a buck off of it. Hire some f'ing pigs for security too. How many peoples lives do you think were ruined over the course of his time in congress voting for mandatory minimums and putting people in jail who had no business being locked up. Amerikkka, land of the free...largest prison population in the WORLD. Due to people like John Boehner.

These people in Acreage probably hold licenses in states with box canyon laws. Where you cannot grow your own and you get your weed from the state and only the tiny sliver of people they want qualify.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
My feeling is that they want as many people as possible to qualify.They just don't want them to be able to circumvent the profit by being "allowed" to provide for themselves.

Boehner is just the latest in a long line of politicians that are known to sell everyone out for money.

Easy7

Veteran
America is sell out nation, when profits are bigger than ego. It always was about control. Nothing about safety or morality or anything like they brainwashed themselves and the public to believe.

Prison time was and still is so harsh for something so pathetically mild like weed. People sold out and I would vote too, just to remove some expectation of prison. Fact is somebody is going to get rich. It always was that way. Smugglers, big growers, tgey all got rich or busted.

What I care about at this point is the person who just wants to supply them-self. They're never going to let a guy like me sell.

Disenfranchised is what it is. If I grew up brewing beer during prohibition, I wouldn't be buying $10 six packs during semi-legality.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
John (stoned to the bone) Boehner said:
"My views on marijuana have evolved.
I will now get into the marijuana business because I have seen the potential of it making me and my business associates tons of money!
I will work entirely within the existing laws to make sure I turn a massive profit.

I will however, use all my influence to continue to try to keep arresting and jailing all the folks who grow 10 lbs. or so of this substance,
as a means of feeding their families and keeping the roof over their head.

Oh by the way, I'm quite a compassionate person"..

:laughing:
Ok, I admit, this is not a real quote by the Former House Speaker John Boehner...

But the whole idea of this is just such hypocrisy. :moon:

What's next?
How long will it be before J. Sessions has a change of heart, due to his compassion of course,
and announces he will be becoming a board member of a giant Cannabis conglomeration?

Bud Hi

They're an interesting company... check out this article https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/meet-acreage-holdings-john-boehners-new-cannabis-crush

They are burning bridges with respected industry insiders quite quickly.

ACG (Association for Corporate Growth) webinar in May 2017:
https://www.acg.org/sites/files/Duane Morris LLP Final Presentation 5-9-17 v4.pdf

Very Interesting article.. Thanks

page 44 > map of company and state..

grow premit > cali. /oregon> but only dist in 4 eastern states ??????
where do the eastern states receive suppy from ??

> Institutional Investors <

follow the money
https://www.duanemorris.com/news/in...st_regulation_rush_hemp_vs_cannabis_0318.html