What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Cane factory.

I want at least 8 -10 leads before I flip. Will need to defoliate them again real soon to get those lowers pushing up.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
thanks for dropping some good knowledge on us here mushroom,

convinced to try out defoliating on my current run as its gonna be fairly packed just like yours. Well not just like yours haha... Can you tell me exactly when you defoliate and how much each time, and whatever else in regards to your methods? I know people say once after stretch and then again maybe at week 5, and feed a little bit more heavy after or at least something with a little nitrogen. Do you remove all fan leaves are do you have a selective process ? I know its also all strain dependant too. Im gonna try it out on my agent orange as she is super dense, bushy,and leafy, so even if i removed every single fan leave she would have tonnes of leaf left over. On my current run it seems everything below 10" from canopy top is just larf. hoping to dense things up further down this run.

cheers

mushroombrew

Veteran
I am enjoying the adaptation to OG's for sure. I only have one Dutch girl left. And she is hanging by a thread.

I think they can yield better than dutch. Because they are all sticks. And light can penetrate the canopy twice as far. Then add the fact that they can make great sized buds on those toothpicks.

This is somewhat of an experiment. I will be taking 95% of fans pretty regularly. I want bud leaves only.

The good news is if you are feeding them correctly they can tolerate tons of training.

mushroombrew

Veteran
thanks for dropping some good knowledge on us here mushroom,

convinced to try out defoliating on my current run as its gonna be fairly packed just like yours. Well not just like yours haha... Can you tell me exactly when you defoliate and how much each time, and whatever else in regards to your methods? I know people say once after stretch and then again maybe at week 5, and feed a little bit more heavy after or at least something with a little nitrogen. Do you remove all fan leaves are do you have a selective process ? I know its also all strain dependant too. Im gonna try it out on my agent orange as she is super dense, bushy,and leafy, so even if i removed every single fan leave she would have tonnes of leaf left over. On my current run it seems everything below 10" from canopy top is just larf. hoping to dense things up further down this run.

cheers

Day 21. So they still have a little stretch left in them.

They MUST be really healthy.

On every lead leave only the 3 smallest fans at the top. Everything else goes.

Again at 6 wks

Afterwards:-

I dose Cal Mag as it has N.
And blast them with P&K. Notice the tip burn on that budshot a lil while back? I slam my plants with an extra 300-400ppms. Recovery feeding is more like 6-20-20 with Mag.

And they react by exploding flowers top to bottom. My 5ft canopy has no larf. Rock hard evrywhere. Awesome!

My trimmers love coming here. Most other growers have 8ft trees under gavitas. So so sad. Take those trees outside boys.

A

AVOH

Day 21. So they still have a little stretch left in them.

They MUST be really healthy.

On every lead leave only the 3 smallest fans at the top. Everything else goes.

Again at 6 wks

Afterwards:-

I dose Cal Mag as it has N.
And blast them with P&K. Notice the tip burn on that budshot a lil while back? I slam my plants with an extra 300-400ppms. Recovery feeding is more like 6-20-20 with Mag.

And they react by exploding flowers top to bottom. My 5ft canopy has no larf. Rock hard evrywhere. Awesome!

My trimmers love coming here. Most other growers have 8ft trees under gavitas. So so sad. Take those trees outside boys.

Man im loving this info
Keep it coming
I love deflol also
Always pays off for me

Phases

When is best time to defoliate?

I am going into week 4 flower - I've taken all the lower leaves and branches. And taken some of fans blocking bud sites but I am thinking about getting rid of all the fans and opening things up get that light to penetrate down to lower buds.

And do you just defoliate once or multiple times?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Been getting in touch with my "inner goat" today.

Removed 100% of top fans. Need to stunt top leads and force more lowers.

This is the second time. I usually don't touch leaves in veg. But I am trying to develop a totally different structure than I usually do.

I hope the hippie's don't see this ! I can already hear it:-

"Leaves are the plants solar panels leave them on. Jorge says so!!"

LOL ahahaha!!

WE DON'T GROW LEAVES WE GROW BUDS!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Ok here they are. 19 days veg...What the thread is supposed to be about.

Dream Queen Cheesey Pheno. 3 days flower. Let's do this!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Just picked the best of the best OG's and setup drippers.

Good thing I got Mapp gas to heat up and tame the drip lines. Turned out nice. The other 4x4 will be the Elmers.

So a 4x8 tray split 50/50 Og's and Elmers. Will be using 3x600's
and wide Raptor reflectors.

They will all be Drip DTW. Looking forward to some ultra clean smoke. DTW is the bomb! Two weeks to the flip.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You have some amazing looking plants mushroombrew. If you give LEDs a shot I have to suggest you try out a Fluence SpydrX Plus light. They're Perfect for a 4x4 space and the production is heavy to say the least. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

mushroombrew

Veteran
You have some amazing looking plants mushroombrew. If you give LEDs a shot I have to suggest you try out a Fluence SpydrX Plus light. They're Perfect for a 4x4 space and the production is heavy to say the least. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

I have plans for a 32 cobb array. I have crunched tge numbers. Takes 3 years to pay for itself. Then years 4-10 you save in energy costs.

So with a huge upfront spend you will start saving in 4 years.

In the mean time I will be doing a true side by side. Confident LED is the future. Working in hps is lame. I prefer high CRI like LEC and LED.