What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

RockinRobot

Looking good as always Girl... I pretty much stopped growing weed. Dispensaries pricing me out of business. Trulieve selling Zips of pre-ground for $45. Cost me more than that to grow with my HID lights. Been concentrating on Mushrooms.

Some Psilocybe Natalensis from my last round, second flush.

Attachments

• 20230419_103521.jpg
    20230419_103521.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 55
How about an update… I have potted up everything and have them vegging these are gonna be taller plants, I have 8 left to pot up and that will be about 25 plants dropping into flower in the next week or two and I have about 20 more right behind them I’m getting the roots strong and healthy.. I have the plants vegging under a new mars hydro light…
What kind of media are you running? I zoomed I. A bit and looked and just curious are you running pumice and perlite with straight coco?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Look at these sexy ladies this is Italian Beef by Tony Green I took down 6 like this… Awesome Plants really
Looking good as always Girl... I pretty much stopped growing weed. Dispensaries pricing me out of business. Trulieve selling Zips of pre-ground for $45. Cost me more than that to grow with my HID lights. Been concentrating on Mushrooms.

Some Psilocybe Natalensis from my last round, second flush.
i know the fucking Commercial weed scene is totally fucked it’s fucking my business up too… they can’t grow to the quality That I produce no where close to it… always money on the table for the best pot in town though… and all the tourists well they don’t have Florida medical cards…. Makes the beach sales easy….

Attachments

• 12182859-613D-413A-B6E7-153AD0ECAC6F.jpeg
    12182859-613D-413A-B6E7-153AD0ECAC6F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • AE293C4F-ABCE-49E2-AC79-C0313FE28EA3.jpeg
    AE293C4F-ABCE-49E2-AC79-C0313FE28EA3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96

Aspenou812

Veteran
I was looking for the setup! Thank you, is that an air manifold you are using as a splitter? Also what do you use to run a timer for the drippers?
Yes it’s a stainless steel air diverter for an air pump, I use 1 gallon per hour drippers and a short cycle timer in lights on mode for the timing… for a pump I run the system off a dinner pond-master 2400gph it works for now I’ll have to modify things when I get back into production growing, these are one gallon pots so it works, my 3 gallon AirPots have way more surface area…

I’m loving this!! I can’t even describe it, these are the first time I have flowered all natural plants that haven’t been topped or trained… I’ve never popped this many seed culled this many male plants… I was just thinking about an old friend… Dansbuds man I’ll bet he’s up there grinning, it’s been a long time sense the plants have really sung to me, when they sing like this it’s alluring in a mysterious way and I can almost hear him saying (More Bella keep going more seed find more grow slow and feel that energy but keep going) walking into this room the whole world just falls away it’s a good feeling that’s telling me I’m on the right path with the grow….
Dansbuds... I still remember this thread of yours from back in the day and his name is one of several I remember... I've been off ICMAG for a couple years and had a different username back then.. but to find this thread still going is awesome!

Enflora

Back on topic... Going into tissue culture all the plant material has to be completely free of mold bugs fungal nasties and everything else... I have never had much of an issue with bugs always being careful about being clean... Ill have to treet all the plants for a minimum of 3 weeks before I do the first wash... So I havent had issues but want to be through and do it right... Any ideas on how to treet the plants for everything... All that harsh stuff will be bad on the plants all at once right... Ill have to be careful and keep them from damaging valuable plant material... I believe an ultrasonic fogger would do the trick and have 100% plant coverage without keeping the plants soaked from sprays... Research says the mist fully transports the additives in the solution being fogged... May be side project time

Was reading this whole post and i read about a surefire way to control all potential contaminants in hemp micropropagation/tissue culture.

1. Viruses:
The shoot tips that are tipically used in meristem tip culture are free from viruses, since they don't have vascular connections to the rest of the plant, so you should already be safe from those.

2. Bacteria, fungi and other contaminants:
Dip those tips in a solution of 70% to 80% water, 20% to 30% solution of Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl aka Chlorine/Bleach) at 7.5% concentration, for about 10 minutes, give or take.

3. Culture:
Put the samples in your Murashige&Skoog/Linsmaier&Skoog 5.8-6.0 pH (and 3.0% sugar) culture gel. Then dome it and keep it between 26-28 °C for the best development (sorry, reading from the EU).

Bonus.
With a laminar flow hood on top of everything, you should be as good to go as anyone without a proper lab possibly could be on this beautiful Earth :)

Hope this helps/makes the TC process less of a hassle, i didn't read through all the posts yet so maybe you have already figured it out by yourself, i'm still at 2019 :p.

Btw, really great thread you have here, lots of food for thought for beginner hobbyists like me. Keep it going!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts