What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

chronosync

Well-stoned member
So I was reading about butter and realized that it's not 100% fat. It's partially water. So the butter that you start with really matters, in terms of quality and fat content. I haven't heard of anyone getting 90%+, as there's not even that much fat to return normally. Seems 75% is pretty standard.

I used 7g of popcorn and got 65g of butter after 13 hours of simmer. I ate 4g of butter last night as a test and I'd say it was weak as fuck. Going to try 8g tonight. Eating raw butter is so gross. Anyone have a good way to use the butter as a test without making the whole batch, just the one bite?

On top of piping hot pasta :)

smokeedog

One quick question. U say over night in the fridge. But would it be quicker to throw it in the freezer for a shorter amount of time or will that effect the separation. I know winterization requires a freezer. Hoping this will make them come out quicker. Have 4 oz of sour d trim I'm gonna throw in with one stick of butter. And I guess I'll be another to throw caution to the wind and make Brownies. I'll eat half a 2x2 first. Any recommendations on a 1 stick of butter Brownie mix. Or just generic Walmart brand.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
One quick question. U say over night in the fridge. But would it be quicker to throw it in the freezer for a shorter amount of time or will that effect the separation. I know winterization requires a freezer. Hoping this will make them come out quicker. Have 4 oz of sour d trim I'm gonna throw in with one stick of butter. And I guess I'll be another to throw caution to the wind and make Brownies. I'll eat half a 2x2 first. Any recommendations on a 1 stick of butter Brownie mix. Or just generic Walmart brand.

It doesn't matter you just want the Budder to get hard so you can pour off the water.

I don't think that you want to freeze it because you want to pour off the water.

Look at any box mix and see how much butter they want, then try and match it.

1 stick for a brownie mix sound about right for the trim.

Good Luck and let us know how they come out :woohoo:

atk7

I have put it in the freezer before but if you forget about it (Stoner move), and the water freezes solid makes it hard to separate. almost have to wait for it to thaw again , so I find it better just to put it in a good cold fridge and be patient. And your ratio of 4 ounces of trim - 1 stick of butter may not be quite enough butter but I guess it depends on the potency of your trim.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
He is using Trim not Buds..

He is using Trim not Buds..

4oz to 1 stick seems too much, will the bud have enough butter to bond to?

He should be O.K.

The 1/4 cup of butter can take that easily. Remember we are talking about absorbing THC measured in Milligrams.

I use 1 oz of 20% Indica Bud to 4 oz of Coconut Oil.

Enough to make 100 X 60mg THC Cookies.

If you think it will be to strong, eat 1/2 Brownie and wait an hour and see if you need more.

Good Luck :party:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
He should be O.K.

The 1/4 cup of butter can take that easily. Remember we are talking about absorbing THC measured in Milligrams.

I use 1 oz of 20% Indica Bud to 4 oz of Coconut Oil.

Enough to make 100 X 60mg THC Cookies.

If you think it will be to strong, eat 1/2 Brownie and wait an hour and see if you need more.

Good Luck :party:

How did you come up with 100x60MG cookies? 4oz of coconut oil is the same as one stick of butter, no? 1 stick is enough 'oil' to make one batch of cookies. to get 100, theyd have to be mighty small cookies.:tiphat: not saying you cant do it though.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You're right Snook..

You're right Snook..

How did you come up with 100x60MG cookies? 4oz of coconut oil is the same as one stick of butter, no? 1 stick is enough 'oil' to make one batch of cookies. to get 100, theyd have to be mighty small cookies.:tiphat: not saying you cant do it though.

I misspoke, I use 1 oz of Bud to 16 oz of Coconut Oil and use 4oz of CocoCanna Oil to make 25 Cookies @ 60mg THC

That's 1 box mix :biggrin:

I must've been high....

Last edited:

smokeedog

I have put it in the freezer before but if you forget about it (Stoner move), and the water freezes solid makes it hard to separate. almost have to wait for it to thaw again , so I find it better just to put it in a good cold fridge and be patient. And your ratio of 4 ounces of trim - 1 stick of butter may not be quite enough butter but I guess it depends on the potency of your trim.

Its sour d trim. Not bad. I will be try it in the fridge first and freezer next. If it freezes then fuck it I'll have to wait.

smokeedog

Made 2 sticks of butter with 4 tablespoons cinnamon and 6oz of sour d trim. Slow cooked for 8 hours on low /high heat. Alternated as boiling increased decreased. Came up with a stick and a half of dark Kermit green butter. Used a stick to make 16 Brownies. One Brownie us a very strong high. Great recipe . 3 washes made clear water. Used freezer to speed up process and worked fine. The butter still tastes and looks like weed. But I used a lot of trim.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Way to go!

Way to go!

Made 2 sticks of butter with 4 tablespoons cinnamon and 6oz of sour d trim. Slow cooked for 8 hours on low /high heat. Alternated as boiling increased decreased. Came up with a stick and a half of dark Kermit green butter. Used a stick to make 16 Brownies. One Brownie us a very strong high. Great recipe . 3 washes made clear water. Used freezer to speed up process and worked fine. The butter still tastes and looks like weed. But I used a lot of trim.

Now you just need to do it again :party: I just ate a Cookie 60mg about an hour ago and I am feeling great

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Made some 90mg THC Snickerdoodle Cookies

Made some 90mg THC Snickerdoodle Cookies

I had a couple of extra ounces of CocoCanna Oil so I added it and made a batch.

These are going to be BAD :party: I'll try one tonight

They are too strong to sell to the dispensary :tiphat:

watts

ohms
Veteran
I stopped using the cinnamon, just didn't feel it was necessary and I didn't like the cinnamon with certain terpenes.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I have recently realized that in an effort not to boil at too high a temperature and degrade THC that 185*F is not hot enough.

In the beginning, didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground and boiled and added back water for 12-14 hours. 1-2 Zs of A+ trim and a pound of butter (4 sticks). The cookies were killer.

As I read more and started over tinking tings (as in getting smarter?) I didn't boil at as high a heat setting, it might burn and for only 10 hours. Result: weak ass butter. Been giving them baked goods away with Zs.

Last batch was boiled at 225*F for 14 hours.. result, KILLER.
Probably could have gotten away with fewer hours but WTH>

I've settled on 1, Z, grade A++ (mostly dried popcorn bud very few sticks) to 3 sticks of butter. This returns close to the full 3 sticks, enough for 3 batches of cookies that call for that much 'oil'.. I'm thinking I can squeeze the 1 ounce boiled budda ball easier and more completely that one that is 4-5 ounces. Too hot. If one were to use 1, Z of 'trim' and leaves, it would be to 1 stick of butter.

EDIT: I don't get the cinnamon idea.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hi Snook

Hi Snook

I decarb 2oz of A++ Bud before I process.

I'm using a Magic Butter Machine set at 160F and it runs for about Two hours (1 hour for Coconut Oil). I do not use water.

I use a Potato Ricer and can easily squeeze a 2oz ball of weed almost dry.

After years of double boiling and making a mess, set it and forget the it. (Just a satisfied customer)

12 Hours seems unnecessary. I would try decarbing first. If you are watching the boil you will see it change and see just little bubbles. It's done.

Anyway just my $0.02 :tiphat:

watts

ohms
Veteran
This is the potato ricer that I found works best and is durable. It's called Chef'n FreshForce Potato Ricer Press. $20 on Amazon and well worth it. 65% more efficient than conventional potato presses/ricers, the extra gear mechanism increases ricing power and minimizes hand strain.

61OofcPiEKL._SL1200_.jpg

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Looks Great

Looks Great

This is the potato ricer that I found works best and is durable. It's called Chef'n FreshForce Potato Ricer Press. $20 on Amazon and well worth it. 65% more efficient than conventional potato presses/ricers, the extra gear mechanism increases ricing power and minimizes hand strain.

View Image

I use a Williams-Sonoma Angled Potato Ricer, listed at about $40 but I think I paid less than $30.

The cheap ones just don't get the job done.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Thx Terpene!

Thx Terpene!

Making 2 sticks tomorrow after work. Scratch Toll House Cookies on Sunday with 4 oz ground to flour. :biggrin:

Going to use Coconut Oil soon, just not sure how cookies come out using it. Curious what edibles / treats work well with Coconut Oil. [watching my figure]