What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The War of 2020: the upcoming elections

W

Water-

that is the medias job

keep people divided and their heads full of drama

while the war machine marches on

Cannavore

Veteran
HRC was the moderate last time and she lost. Biden, Buttigeg, Beto, and others are the moderates this time and they get laughed out of rooms lol.

The neo-liberal period is coming to a close.

packerfan79

Veteran
Do you think that fight between Biden and Trump will actually happen now? Maybe that could be how we decide the next president, two elderly egomaniacs glove up and the winner takes all. My money'd be on Biden, given he seems more fit, but then again Trump has the weight behind him and if he can land a few Biden may be in trouble. I mean Ruiz Jr. beat Joshua so anything can happen.

I also thought this thread was gonna be about Iran :(

Biden vs. Trump 2020. The sumo suit fight. Is something I could get behind.

packerfan79

Veteran
HRC was the moderate last time and she lost. Biden, Buttigeg, Beto, and others are the moderates this time and they get laughed out of rooms lol.

The neo-liberal period is coming to a close.

Beto is a moron. Lol. Let's eat dirt, and livestream dental visits. Wtf.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
War sucks.

Don't elect a corporate lackey.

Vote for Mustard.

A Prius in every driveway and a rifle in every home.

Weed is decriminalized and more of your taxes go to helping people than killing people.

But fentanyl dealers will swing by the rope.

And my border wall will be more of a Rollerball game.

Cannavore

Veteran
Beto in a nutshell. Try and trick people with platitudes and rhetoric while dancing around the core of the question cause you know your answer will make you look bad.

This kid is great.

[YOUTUBEIF]MFmD-wYKFvw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Brother Nature

Warren is surging in the polls color me shocked. Bernie is starting to sag. Biden probably won't last through the primaries, he's got to much baggage. If he could skip past the primaries, he's got a decent chance against Trump.

Andrew Yang is interesting and has actual policy positions. Too nerdy though.

@brother nature. Butterkeg good nickname. Beta's gonna get mad at you. Lol.

I like butternuts, that's what I call my boss though.

Butterkeg could do well if he doesn't alienate the middle by pandering to the far left progressive base. That's really the biggest hurdle for any Democrat. They have to be a moderate candidate in the general, and progressive to win the primary.

I'd agree with this as well, from what I've seen he's not strayed too far off to the left as of yet, coming from Indiana will help there too I think, he's not a loony Californian or pretentious New Yorker. I think his foreign policies sound good, much more centrist than many of the democrats. His age and sexual preference seem to be the main detractors for most people though, but I also didn't think America would vote a black man in either and they did. Color me cynical I guess...

I don't know much about Yang aside from the fact his walkout song is "Return of the Mack, which is pretty cool. Wu-Tang would have been better though...

[YOUTUBEIF]uB1D9wWxd2w[/YOUTUBEIF]

Cannavore

Veteran
Great visual representation of the divide between real liberals and progressives, and the identity politics NPC nutters within the Democratic Party.

[YOUTUBEIF]kw_PF5ltXf4[/YOUTUBEIF]

packerfan79

Veteran
Are you saying being intellegent is a bad thing?

That explains alot about alot of what you say.

Not at all. The presidential election is a popularity contest. Nerds don't usually dominate popularity contest. It's not a put down on Yang.

Too nerdy for the population of America, is a better description. We would probably do better as a nation if our politicians were elected due to intelligence, rather than being a well spoken slick politicians.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Not at all. The presidential election is a popularity contest. Nerds don't usually dominate popularity contest. It's not a put down on Yang.

Too nerdy for the population of America, is a better description. We would probably do better as a nation if our politicians were elected due to intelligence, rather than being a well spoken slick politicians.

I think the selection process could use a complete makeover. Also would not hurt to make sure the voters have half a brain.

beta

Veteran
Bernie or the Guillotine 2020

who-would-win-an-abusive-ruling-class-a-few-slicey-28875589.png

Amynamous

Andrew Yang was on Bill Maher last Friday. Very smart, very successful and very good communicator. But he has never held elected office. Personally, my favorite is Governor Hickenlooper, but he doesn’t seem to be doing well so far. But truth be told, they could dig up Captain Kangaroo’s bones, slap a blue hat on him, and i would vote for him over president caddyshack.

X

xavier7995

Im rooting for hickenlooper as well. I think his folksyness would play well in places the dems need to win back. I like his business background, could lead to some clever barbs like "self made not daddy paid" or some such jazz. Seems fairly pragmatic which i really like.

Not much of a showman or public speaker though so doubtful he will make it very far. My ideal candidate would be way out there to the classic left (not so much the current liberal/left ideas) but that aint gonna happen.

beta

Veteran
Andrew Yang to millenials with his UBI nonsense:

cover3.jpg

Andrew Yang was on Bill Maher last Friday. Very smart, very successful and very good communicator. But he has never held elected office. Personally, my favorite is Governor Hickenlooper, but he doesn’t seem to be doing well so far. But truth be told, they could dig up Captain Kangaroo’s bones, slap a blue hat on him, and i would vote for him over president caddyshack.

Amynamous

Andrew Yang to millenials with his UBI nonsense:

Funny, but i quickly rebuffed the UBI idea as well. Then i opened my mind and listened to him, and did a fair amount of reading regarding the pros and cons, and now i support the idea. It would not be as expensive as you think, and the positive, long term economic benefit would be substantial. Think of it as a trump tariff farmer subsidy welfare payment that everybody gets.

Last edited:

beta

Veteran
Funny, but i quickly rebuffed the UBI idea as well. Then i opened my mind and listened to him, and did a fair amount of reading regarding the pros and cons, and now i support the idea. It would not be as expensive as you think, and the positive, long term economic benefit would be substantial. Think of it as a trump tariff farmer subsidy welfare payment that everybody gets.

My trouble isn't the cost, my issue is that it's a back door way to destroy social services. Why do you think Libertarians love it?

Step 1: Introduce UBI

Step 2: Eliminate all other social services

Step 3: Reduce UBI

Step 4: Eliminate UBI

Step 5: More money for the 0.1%!

Latest posts

Latest posts