What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help please soil indoor

QQNPK

If you dont wanna dig them up you can wait and see if it improves but you dont want to water on the stem like that, in a big pot like that you need to be very careful water small amounts on the edges of the pot to encourage the roots to grow outwards to the water dont trap the roots by watering too much or right on the rootmass which is usually straight down the stem if not encouraged to seek for water

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
They look to dry, the top of your soil is dry looking. Id at least flush a couple gal of water through it if your gonna try to keep them. If you flush it out and it doesn't help youve probably got the soil to hot of something. It might be easier to cut your lose and start over

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Or that soil is logged up, im sure the drain holes are working?? You need to add at least 30% perlite in the future. I use almost 40% in my Promix/Ocean Forest mix i use. Flush it, repot it into a decent soil mix. That about all you can do. Id pull the dead leaves off

SamsonsRiddle

the look extremely underwatered and every picture shows your medium way too dry. it should never get crispy on the top. have you never grown any kind of plant before? You need to water it the right way. Pour enough water on the top (or even better get a sprayer) to make the top layer wet. Wait 30 minutes then water the whole medium. After you do this, pick up the pot the plant it is in and learn how heavy it feels to you. If you aren't good at this you can use a scale and really weigh it. If you have some extra $$$ laying around then find the blumat digital moisture sensor and get one of those in there for a more precise method.

Once you have this figured out, then you need to wait however long it takes to dry out until the pot is pretty light (not feather light but getting there). Sometimes this takes a day, sometimes it takes several days or a week.

As far as your ph problem, find some powdered dolomite lime (if you can only find peletized you can ground up in a coffee grinder, but powdered dolomite lime always seems to work faster) and topdress at 1 tbsp/gallon of medium. This will bring your ph up to between 6.5-7 in the medium, meaning no crazy 3.5 or 9.5 water.

I would suggest buy a couple houseplants and learn how to make them grow - noticing when they are overwatered and what they do and underwatered and its signs. Proper watering is probably the hardest thing for newbie to grasp.