What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A possible cure for lyme disease

armedoldhippy

Veteran
never had a tick on me but i always check when i get outta the woods

i've gotten eaten alive before. pulled off over 150 one weekend while turkey hunting. most were tiny seed ticks, looked like tiny dark freckles. fuck a bunch of ticks, buy Permanone! active ingredient, permethrin, was developed for US military. they would spray a square yard of cloth with it & drop a tick in the middle. they never make it off alive. i've found dead ones on my socks before that died as they started their climb.:woohoo:

I’m a tick magnet as I like to hang out where ticks do.
My dog got Lyme but the test results were false negative, like 100% of the other Canadian Lyme tests. Fucking morons......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
As far as I know, it's just the deer tick carrying lyme disease. They are also very tiny ticks. That said, I think there are several diseases or infections that ticks in general can carry.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seem to have it too. Arthritis in the feet and knees. Had episodes of fingers and shoulders hurting and being swollen. Was tested positive last year. Some older media articles state that cows, bunnies and deer aren't getting the disease and even ticks that have been sucking blood on them don't have it anymore afterwards, as some german scientists of Charite University Hospital have found out.

So, the argument that deer and other animals did spread the diesease in the Lyme area is false and a lie.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3291337/

Shooting foxes and other animals who are eating mice and smaller reservoirs for borrelia is also a big problem in keeping the disease at bay.

Striking parallels to the outbreak at plum island are to be seen in the incidents in Wuhan where they now discovered two additional facilities that are experimenting with bats and corona viruses even closer to the market where the outbreak was told to be

and also another significant outbreak of bird flu in 2006 at the german island of Rügen. There were found dead white swans in great mass and the people in authority were astounded where it came from, as white swans can't fly. The place has also not been on the route of migrating birds from infected areas and on top of that was outside of the timeframe of possible bird flights over the island. It was an isolated event at that time.

The other astounding thing that appeared in the media at that time was the information that Germany has a high security lab for highly infectious animal diseases on the Island of Riems, only 2-3 miles south of the Island of Rügen, where they are researching diseases like BIRD FLU,Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever, SARS, EBOLA and others.
The island was known in former times as the pest- or epidemic island, as the started making experiments there over hundred years ago.

That can't be a coincidence. Say what you want.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
and this is why we can't have "real" news anymore. the internet came along and people like you got to say things without getting the immediate laughter and shunning that a dumbass gets in "real" life.

Dumbass sums up your post real good!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I was bitten a dozen times 2 years ago by deer tics.

I have rain pants and boots I spray heavily up past my knees with repellent. It's the only way. Got bit twice last year when I didn't put on my gear.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If you get a bullseye and treat it promptly then it's likely not a problem. Even a deer tick bite with no bullseye would be good enough to go on doxy.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't make sense of that stement. WHAT is "called biofilm?" No paritcular bacteria strain is called biofilm. A biofilm is a protective slimy covering which many bacteria species use as a shild against the outside world, including antibiotics. Bacteria under biofilm may require 10 or 20 times the antibiotic power to be killed, compared to the same bacteria without biofilm protection. Some biofilm-covered bacteria cannot be eradicated at all, or can but with great difficulty.

I have no trouble with the story as a whole, but that sentence is weird.

Biofilms: the Culprit in Chronic Lyme. ... Bacteria form biofilms by attaching to surfaces and forming a protective matrix. By doing so, they become “highly resistant to antibiotics, biocides, disinfectants, high temperatures and host immune responses.

https://sites.newpaltz.edu/ticktalk/ottaway-2014-lyme-disease-investigation/story-by-john-carey-2/

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Doxycycline, the go to cure for Lyme, is a pretty mild antibiotic. They give it to kids for acne.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doxycycline, the go to cure for Lyme, is a pretty mild antibiotic. They give it to kids for acne.

I'd take my chances with Stevia and pre/probiotics, Oregano oil is a great antibiotic, too, before caustic Rx.

https://www.healthline.com/health/doxycycline-oral-tablet

Side effects: loss of appetite,nausea and vomiting,diarrhea,rash,
sensitivity to the sun, hives, temporary discoloring of adult teeth (goes away with dentist cleaning after the drug is stopped).

Lyme is an insufferable disease. Why suffer more with temporary or chronic side effects when naturopathics work and little, if any side effects.

Nope, Doxy not for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts