What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Smoker New to Edibles

przcvctm

As the title says, I smoked my first joint in 1972 but tried my first edible (tincture in gel caps) a couple of months ago. There are aspects of eating that I like. I dig swallowing something, half forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when the effects kick in. I like how long the high lasts. But while the high of this tincture is pleasant, it's kind of a generic pleasantness, if that makes sense. It's not as interesting as a inhaled high.

Not knowing what kind of trim went into the making of this commercial tincture makes me curious about edible highs.

My favorite flower when smoked/vaped is happy, uplifting and relaxing. I smoke now to treat PTSD. If those same flowers are used to make tincture, will the effects be the same or become generically pleasant?

gorilla ganja

There are some differences in the high from edibles. Play around with dosage, that may help with the effects you are seeking. The high tends to be less intense in the beginning but lasts longer like you mentioned.

Best of luck finding what your looking for.

Peace GG

Sunshineinabag

Lmao, yeah my first run of "edibles" we're lozenges that were POTENT so much so I felt as if I'd blacked out......is only leaf used in the edible making process?