Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > can u use fresh/frozen trim for cannabutter

Thread Title Search
can u use fresh/frozen trim for cannabutter Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2019, 05:33 AM #11
LostTribe

LostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant future
If you don't decarb it won't have any effect.

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 02:00 PM #12
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
isn't cooking in the slow cooker for 8-9hrs decarb'ing it??
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 04:28 PM #13
Cantharellus

Cantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the rough
yes. I am not sure the temp of a slow cooker but there is a chart that shows temp and time for decarb and a couple of threads. I always boil so I know a few hours at ~212F will do the trick. I generally bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 4hours. I have never had stronger butter than my own and have been making butter for around 20 yrs now. I have tried quite a few methods and most of them work well so over time you will find what is easiest for you.
Cantharellus is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 PM #14
Lyfespan

Lyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
isn't cooking in the slow cooker for 8-9hrs decarb'ing it??
like i said before, you need an oil that can stand the higher temps of decarbing. butter is a low temp oil
Lyfespan is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 09:00 PM #15
Cantharellus

Cantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the roughCantharellus is a jewel in the rough
Sorry Lyfespan that is just not true. People have been making butter without decarbing for decades. Strong butter that will put people in the fetal position wishing they have never heard of cannabutter if they over do it. Please do not spread false information. If you have any understanding of decarboxylation at all you will know this is true.
Cantharellus is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:02 PM #16
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
Sorry sir but that is unadulterated BS

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 09:22 PM #17
Lyfespan

Lyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantharellus View Post
Sorry Lyfespan that is just not true. People have been making butter without decarbing for decades. Strong butter that will put people in the fetal position wishing they have never heard of cannabutter if they over do it. Please do not spread false information. If you have any understanding of decarboxylation at all you will know this is true.View Image
sorry, lol i have complete understanding tiger and if i need any help ill research for it.

even when people aren't actively decarbing, they still decarbing, unless you have some unheated method of extracting it and eating it raw.

your point of engagement is way off too

Old 04-21-2019, 10:16 AM #18
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
I saw a video of this guy who doesn't smoke or try to get high.he juice's weed and swears up and down he got high as fuck.he had a certain method if I remember right.he wasn't even trying to get high anyway I'm pretty sure you don't have to decarb.ill try to remember which YouTube vid I saw
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 05:02 PM #19
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond repute
i have made canna butter/coconut oil for years and there is no need to decarb before hand...3 - 4 hrs cooking is heaps...

the last batch i made was 20gm of canna to 250ml of coconut oil got about 200ml after cooking and once mixed with a bit of lecithin a teaspoon will kick most peoples arse...adding a bit of myrcene also helps...

you get the higher temp threshold by cooking with water, replacing that lost by evaporation and keeping it at a soft rolling boil...

"Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy."
Paracelsus

positivity: "i don't believe you smoke pot...stoners are cool"
ozzieAI is online now Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 09:31 PM #20
Lyfespan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieAI View Post
i have made canna butter/coconut oil for years and there is no need to decarb before hand...3 - 4 hrs cooking is heaps...

the last batch i made was 20gm of canna to 250ml of coconut oil got about 200ml after cooking and once mixed with a bit of lecithin a teaspoon will kick most peoples arse...adding a bit of myrcene also helps...

you get the higher temp threshold by cooking with water, replacing that lost by evaporation and keeping it at a soft rolling boil...
water? you cooking in water? i just toss 10 stix of butter and a qp of trim in my crock pot and let it rip for 3-4 hours, strain with filter bag and pour into butter tins

and yes your decarbing it by cooking it at high temps for over an hour