What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

eric2028

Veteran
i used blocks and 1x8 trays with feed and drain to each tray. i know you got heith challenges to over come. should have asked i could have shown you the bucket in a bucket drain system, its comes in just a lil cheaper than what you did :tiphat:
I planned on the bucket in a bucket system to begin with. The 5 gallon gropros fit perfect inside a regular bucket. I seen them square farmers though and thought they looked cool. I have another room due for completion in about 5 weeks. I’m not looking to haul all that lumber around again lol. Bucket in a bucket it is.

eric2028

Veteran
Also quest is up and running and veg is 4 weeks today(due to flip).
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lyfespan

I planned on the bucket in a bucket system to begin with. The 5 gallon gropros fit perfect inside a regular bucket. I seen them square farmers though and thought they looked cool. I have another room due for completion in about 5 weeks. I’m not looking to haul all that lumber around again lol. Bucket in a bucket it is.

3 gallon fabric pot suspended into 5 gallon buckets with 3/4 drains

hell even a 5 gallon sitting in a 5 gallon, its gonna drain off and allow for roots to thrive

eric2028

Veteran
Got them put in the other day topped and pruned. I’m starting the irrigation system. I’m hand watering every other day at this point and it’s not enough. Also I figured out how I’m going to run my 240v quest off a 120v day/night humidity controller. This is after learning the $250 quest dehumidistat is not programmable lol. The answer is a simple transformer 120v to 24v from controller to quest unit. Lastly, I’m liking this cheap nanolux light controller. It will run 2 rooms and has 2 temp sensors. And it’s cheap!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lyfespan

i love my nanolux NCCS shit is really nice and easy. set anything up, turn what ever off, and sensor controlled too

i can control unlimited rooms and lights.

eric2028

Veteran
About 1.5 weeks from flip. Recently installed a trolmaster 10 burner with built in controller. I’m really liking it thus far. Ask me in 2 months tho. I’ve been working on my irrigation system. I have 9 10gph octabubblers to feed 36 plants. I’m still working on my pump setup and timer. I ll snap some pics later this week when it’s done. Rocking the turbokloner also, looking good. Other then that I just threw one trellace net down. Nothing else too exciting.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
Very Very well done... I love the innovative drain system... The room looks amazing... Healthy plants... I know we don't know each other but I'm totally sealing that drain bucket.... All in all its a Dope Ass Grow... Looks fantastic

eric2028

Veteran
Very Very well done... I love the innovative drain system... The room looks amazing... Healthy plants... I know we don't know each other but I'm totally sealing that drain bucket.... All in all its a Dope Ass Grow... Looks fantastic
Thank you! The drainage system is working great so far. I do worry about the longevity of the pump. I’d be happy with a couple years as it’s a cheaper brand.
I did some transplanting today. Roots are looking happy. Veg is fired up for next room.
I have about 3 weeks to complete this next room. It’s going to be an exact copy of the first one so it should go quickly.
picture.php

picture.php

eric2028

Veteran
Is there some sort of sensor you can buy or a way that will notify you of pump failure?
I did buy a Honeywell water sensor for about $60. You download their app and the sensor hooks to Wi-Fi. It’s worked well when I’ve tested it.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Looks like #griffinstech on those roots. What did that controller cost? Im tired of adjusting mine twice a day...

eric2028

Veteran
Looks like #griffinstech on those roots. What did that controller cost? Im tired of adjusting mine twice a day...

Yes it was griffinstech with some tweeks. I used alittle less clonex and clear Rez instead of uc roots. Also no soaking cuts or making strategic cuts at nodes. Really just the hormex was the only thing I added to my usual tech, which made a big difference.
The controller was $80 or so. Plus the transformer was $25 to convert 120 volts to 24v for the quest( if you need that too).

Aspenou812

Veteran
Is there some sort of sensor you can buy or a way that will notify you of pump failure?

Kinda Sorta.... They have flooded floor sensors wired to alarms... But all they do is let you know you already have a big mess