What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 'Cali' Look...

TheIsland

hi all,

im just interested if anyone knows techniques to get that finished 'cali look' to buds...

you know what i mean, ..the look on all the fancy photos, there is sort of a flat finish to the end buds, the dried pistils are flat against the bud, and the whole thing looks like a solid nugget of goodness rather than airy.

i have always prided myself on my slow drying technique, and curing.
i have also tried wet trimming, dry trimming, and even used a spin-pro machine, but none gave the real desired affect.

the finish im after still keeps the trichs intact so im assuming its not the machine what will help.

i hope you people understand what im after, and im looking forward to any help you can offer.

thankyou in advance.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Check your rep not gonna start that shit show here but did answer your ? .. and the cali bud u guys see in U.K. Is shit that will never pass tests here.. not hard to get 3a light when your kilos look like lbs cuz the so hard

TheIsland

i know what you mean now stoney, thanks,
im new to this forum so didnt know there was a seperate place for me to see answers,
so i didnt understand what 'check your rep' meant.
sorry,
but ive seen it now , so thanks for the answer mate.

appreciated

Blazeee

Veteran
is that answer to me stoney?

ive not even said anything have i?

or am i mistaken?

Stoney is saying he has replied privately to your question through a + rep comment.

Click the button in the top right hand of your page that says 'My IC' and you will see his response written in a box next to his name once you scroll down the page.

Edit : sorry mate was taking my time to reply and didnt realise you had already seen his response.

TheIsland

thanks blazeee,

i went ultra paranoid for a minute then, ha ha,
i didnt have a clue what was going on and thought i had said something wrong ,but im more clued in now..
thanks for helping out pal

mexweed

Veteran
I hang my buds until they are too wet to go into jars but would get too dry if I left them up any longer, this is when I fine trim them and put them into brown paper lunch bags, I don't fill the bags too much like only the bottom 3rd not packed down or about the height of your hand width placed next to the bag, I roll them tight and pack the bud together for 12 hours, then I break the clump apart and leave them in the bag with air in it with just the top couple inches folded over for another 12, then they go into jars

I'm in colorado though lol, but it definitely mildly compresses the buds potentially flattening tips, squeezing pistils tight to the nugs, and giving them a more dense look in pics, I always end up with some bent/curved nugs, something that foxtailed heavy would appear a lot more chunky

I do it because it's so dry here and I don't want to get too fancy with humidity control, it's simple and has been consistent

prune

Veteran
I still remember one fellow here who described how he gave his hand-trimmed bud the "professional Cali look" by simply cupping each bud in his palm and gently compressing...

ya.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vacuum sealed for shipping ..sucks the buds all down tight .

Different strains are def different tightness and the calif full sun makes some good tight buds. I dont know any outdoor growers using pgrs personally

insomniac_AU

Thanks BB that makes sense. I didn't know what was being implied and have no real knowledge of IG other than what appears on there surpasses reality IMO. That's the whole point of IG isn't it? You know, fake tans, photoshop etc.. Stretching the truth to portray an image. I didn't know whether that had extended to cannabis shots uploaded by people.

TheIsland

thanks Mexweed,
and thanks to all others for the input, even the sarcastic ones ;)
i can take it so all good...
yes mexweed, thats more what i was asking, you understood, cheers.
i wasnt talking about what imported shit people import or sell on the streets as cali weed, as i dont buy off anyone.and i also already know about PGRs.
the only cali weed ive smoked myself is two different 3.5 gram bags of jungle boys that were sent over direct to me by a friend i have over there.
It wasnt the fake uk bagged stuff, so it wasnt gear that wouldnt pass the regulation tests over there.
but it had the finished look i was talking about.

anyway,
i appreciate all replys so thaks for the input.

theisland

TheIsland

and thanks babbabud , and everyone else,
ive only just seen that the thread went into page 2 so didnt see your replys before i sent that last reply.

thanks for the constructive answers.

theisland

de145

Check your rep not gonna start that shit show here but did answer your ? .. and the cali bud u guys see in U.K. Is shit that will never pass tests here.. not hard to get 3a light when your kilos look like lbs cuz the so hard

I'm curious how / why two people found this private reply answer to a public question helpful? I mean I know one of them could be the OP but the other one couldn't even read the reply right?

So at least one person liked that there was no public reply from that user? Is that what as helpful?

LostTribe

Premium user
Vacuum sealed for shipping ..sucks the buds all down tight .

Different strains are def different tightness and the calif full sun makes some good tight buds. I dont know any outdoor growers using pgrs personally

I couldn't ever figure that out either. Makes sense. I did get a lot of "Mersh" back in the day that was double vac packed but it wasn't a compact with the hairs flattened out. It was from some Asians though.

Drewsif

Looks have ruined Cannabis. I remember when Cali sent their best buds out of state,before legal rejects infected the market, no one ever looked at the shit, just took a wiff and handed over their paycheck.

Latest posts

Latest posts