What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Burt

Veteran
Wow JLP! I got his Sour Diesel IBL x OG Kush BX1 back in '07. I had a micro grow with CFLs back then but the buds came out good. Exciting experience for me.

All of us got them seeds too and spread them genetics to hell and back
His gift resulted in the creation of Gucci OG which was then spread to Colorado
I do believe it was an SD IBL X SFV cross lineage wise

Nifty_PoT

Wow JLP! I got his Sour Diesel IBL x OG Kush BX1 back in '07. I had a micro grow with CFLs back then but the buds came out good. Exciting experience for me.
I also got some of these beans. Still till today one of my fav og's,miss her alot :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Nifty_PoT, @SuperZero, @Dr.No, @Burt - Well, if you aren't in just the RIGHT place then, thank oz. ;)

We are going to do a lot of fun things here - I should say - in the spirit of how JLP did things. His Sour D x OG Bx1 still stands out in my mind too. In fact, I still have about 20 of those seeds - I used to order just to get freebies. I probably spent $300+ on random Nirvana packs, trying to score JLP freebies. Mississippi Mud ring any bells????

I love when I make an OLD reference like that - and someone else knows what I'm talking about. In many ways, I want this thread to be nostalgic. I also want it to usher in a whole new group of people - growers that have sat silent for too long - and growers who have just figured out they are growers.

ABF Seeds - Cobalt Haze - 9wk pheno @ 63 days

Flowers near the A/C intake, really took some NICE color. Even the buds themselves have taken a mixed surface coloration. It's not a true color change though. Just cold air and senescence. The 12wk pheno is true.

picture.php

Stacked and packed. These girls were doing a lot better than I thought they were. I'm really pleased with how much girth they put on in the last 10 days - especially on the lowers. I was scared to death of larf city - it's not even remotely an issue.

I'll admit it. I was wrong about CMH. These lights - for only 315w - are legit.

picture.php

I really tried to capture a bit of calyx color here, but color correction vs shadowing vs contrast vs brightness - for whatever reason, out of about 40 pictures taken at this particular angle, this was the most clear representation. The blue-ish purple hue - really lends credence to the name "Cobalt Haze" though - that is for certain.

picture.php

Last but not least - there is roughly 5' of viewable space in this picture. There are two layers of flowers. It's at least 10-12. If the other lamp performs as well, I will finally break the 1 gpw barrier. I've been chasing that standard of efficiency for a VERY long time. That's a 55lb. can blocking the shot. I won't complain though. That magical thing keeps me free.

picture.php

If I don't get some rave reviews - this is the last round for this plant. I can't keep them all forever. I have too many seeds for that. She's all ready put in work and for that I am honestly very grateful.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Damn Frank you take me back atleast 10 years ago with this thread, around that time I was also growing the first Happy Bro backcross from Karma, I found an insane Happy bro dom pheno just with a hint of the Chem D pungency added... Grew also the Bx2 later but I didn't found something I loved as much as my first keeper.

Thank you also for remembering JLP. His Amnesia 99, OTM and many more were an amazing inspiration when I first started to hang on IC.

The Sis x PK looks insane, no doubt that it's the perfect genepool to find plenty of potential keepers.

:smoke:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Get Mo - Great to see you pop in. It's 2 x 315w over 2.5' x 5'. It's tight quarters.

@3rd - I'm glad that vibe is coming through in the pages. I miss that old community feel and I'm doing my best to remember the things I loved about this place - and then to re-manifest those actions. Truly, trying to walk the path of those that did it right before me.

LED Conversation continuation:

So. These 3100k(r) CHM bulbs put out about 1.9 u/mol. The XB200 - just got it's first preliminary test data at 2.24 u/mol.

Hmmmm.

dank.Frank

MedFaced

Hello DF, been a fan of your work, and your history speaks for itself so I’ll get straight to it.

I read here that you’re flirting with the idea of doing business with HGL. Cammie is very well known in my circle and I would highly advise walking that line very carefully.

She has had her sponsorship revoked in more than one forum. She has followed through on threats of reporting people to law enforcement when deals fell through.

Customer account:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/caveat-emptor-buyer-beware-hydro-grow-led.129842/

After having her sponsorship revoked at that forum she has spent years contacting and harassing the owners.

Cammies smear campaigns against former partners:
https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...raud-libel-theft-defamation-hollywood-1149888

https://www.scamity.com/420-magazine-42

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
London Loud - Survivor pheno...LOL. This little plant is going to make it after all. That means we'll have 9 London Loud to grow. Let's hope this one has something extra special hidden away for the effort.

picture.php

FWIW - the Chem Sis x PK started like the same way...nearly.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello DF, been a fan of your work, and your history speaks for itself so I’ll get straight to it.

I read here that you’re flirting with the idea of doing business with HGL. Cammie is very well known in my circle and I would highly advise walking that line very carefully.

She has had her sponsorship revoked in more than one forum. She has followed through on threats of reporting people to law enforcement when deals fell through.

Customer account:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/caveat-emptor-buyer-beware-hydro-grow-led.129842/

After having her sponsorship revoked at that forum she has spent years contacting and harassing the owners.

Cammies smear campaigns against former partners:
https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...raud-libel-theft-defamation-hollywood-1149888

https://www.scamity.com/420-magazine-42

Glad to see my spidey senses still work after all these years.

Yikes.

Dr.NO

Funny how the screen names like JLP and the strain names like Amnesia 99 both illicit fond memories. I can almost hear the din of the forums from the hustle and bustle back then. So much has changed; increased legalization, members come and gone and the internet and social media.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had some old JLP SD I think it was....great thread man. I'm also flirting with some LED lights. I like my Mh/Hps stuff, but I'm still kinda waiting until I finish this small grow and see how the final 30-40days flowering goes!!!!!!Thanks man, great looking plants, great thread!!!!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn fine growing in here Frank :wave: and even better knowledge being passed on :respect:

Btw I also got those seeds from John Lee Pettimore. I always wondered what became of him. I hope he is safe with his family and happy these days.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@TheBlaze - Thanks, man! I'm not really sure the numbers, but the quality is up. Frost is MUCH better this round. Looking forward to watching your round finish up. You do great work.

@Dr.No - found out an outdoor cali grower is still running a pineapple Amnesia99 each season. So, the genes have stood the test of time! This thread brought it up. Go figure!

@wvkindbud - Thanks for the kind words. We'll get some genetics rolling through. We have 10 Mochi x Sour Diesel Bx2 and 9 UK Cheese x Sour Diesel Bx2 vegging away! It's only going to get better. Abja Roots Siberian Sherbet will get run soon. Then the BTY S1 pheno hunt. Then Karma G Sour D Bx2 - then of course, you get the idea, and the JLP reference.
BTY S1 x Sour D Bx2. Woohoo!

@Brother Bear - thank you! I'm getting there. Shaking off the rust slowly but surely. I'll be glad when this summer heat is gone.

Sis x Pure Kush @ 67 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

genetic freaked

Veteran
This thread keeps getting better and better.. The plants look great DF.. Massive buds this time around..
Really looking forward to your smoke report on the SisxPK..

JLP was the man.. I ran a bunch of his crosses back in the day.. I don't remember but didn't he put out ak47xC99 beans? I can swear it was him.. That had to be the best weed I've ever smoked.. 1 joint would put a hurting on 10 people