What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Insane grow - 350000 sq ft

led05

Chasing The Present
That just shows the demand!!

There’s always been a demand for good concentrates, hash, oil, kief... these days the large bulk of concentrates are absolute garbage, synthetically made or piece- mailed together.... very much a fad, great quality flowers and their effect, especially NLD will never go away, history supports this as does reality ...

The complete plant profile needs to remain intact to work right, Man isn’t even close to recombination and getting it right.... those who say otherwise have access to crummy flowers, strains or both

led05

Chasing The Present
I am a connoisseur. I love home grown stuff, I also love home brewed beer.

As for the days of home grown being profitable ? They are wrapping up, and gone in a few places.
If someone wants to make a profit they better scale up. Even if they do "organic" they better be scaling up or it is just a hobby.

that's a very different point than your original statement, no? I do tend to agree with you, I've never tried to make a profit growing at home so that's moot to me.

Like the current Beer and Wine markets there will be all types of producers, huge, medium but also varying craft at the small & micro scale... Will the "profitable" Micro scale be a 4x4 basement grow, of course not but relative to the super scale 10,000 + acre grows they will be Micro and surely some will be profitable.

There will also remain many whom just continue to grow for themselves, just as they have for decades with no interest in making profit but in producing gems and sharing with loved ones....

not every angle or POV has to rely on mostly profit, profit follows great ideas and passion, not the other way around...

For those who love todays concentrate market - please enjoy the hemp cannabinoids and terps from who knows what family of herbs, unless you're making yourself or procuring from a trusted source, beware

green404

Like the current Beer and Wine markets there will be all types of producers, huge, medium but also varying craft at the small & micro scale... Will the "profitable" Micro scale be a 4x4 basement grow, of course not but relative to the super scale 10,000 + acre grows they will be Micro and surely some will be profitable.

I agree that organic, boutique, etc will be profitable and have already seen it become popular.

My original point was that turning an extra basement or bedroom into a grow will no loner be profitable. For decades we had small/micro scale growers making a living from a spare bedroom grow or a small guerrilla plot, Those days are coming to a fast end.
The guerrilla grower was making money from taking legal risk, that's going and gone.

Here in Colorado the market is flooded. I get more free herbs then I know what to do with.
When I buy flowers I don't want a $300.lb.. I want to try the latest greatest top shelf stuff and I want a nice friendly bud tender to tell me "have a great day" as I leave.

In 5-years will I want a mass produced $99. lb ? doubt it. I will want the latest top shelf, craft, boutique, wonder.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There’s always been a demand for good concentrates, hash, oil, kief... these days the large bulk of concentrates are absolute garbage, synthetically made or piece- mailed together.... very much a fad, great quality flowers and their effect, especially NLD will never go away, history supports this as does reality ...

The complete plant profile needs to remain intact to work right, Man isn’t even close to recombination and getting it right.... those who say otherwise have access to crummy flowers, strains or both

My take too it is just a fad and will always be a niche market. Sort of like powdered caffeine and Starbucks...Who the fuck wants powdered caffeine other than niche uses like cutting drugs and adding it to beverages and what not?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man you guys are way off-base.

Vaping flower is nasty.

bs

I think you're jaded possibly and nothing compares to glass and smoking top shelf weed grown by a master of organics. I guess we will find out in 10-20 years time! Other markets and my current tell me buds will still reign king.

nickman

Veteran
I’m from a small town on the East Coast where there’s no recreation laws... there is medical but it’s just really hard to get a med card...!!!... I pretty much started growing for myself because I couldnt stand paying $350-$400 an ounce...
As soon as I got my first grow done I was in love with the plant and never looked back since...!!!... It’s my passion in life and I just couldn’t imagine not doing it...!!!...

PDX Dopesmoker

Many people grow at home for quality and selection, you couldn’t be more wrong. I also just put in an orchard to have old varieties to make wine & cider with, also not avail anywhere else much less commercially... thinking everyone at home is “ out for the money” is flawed, many of us are simply connoisseurs , that will never end friend, commercial AG don’t grow my veggies, fruit or grains either...

Many of us care what we put into our bodies, it’s extremely clear commercial AG doesn’t

A+ dude, living the good life is about way more than having money. Some stuff you just can't buy. I've never tasted a better strawberry or tomato than what comes out of my garden. If I had room for grapes and apple trees I'd be all over that too, but my snow peas are just starting to come in and I had homegrown kale and chives for dinner so I'm still pretty satisfied with how life is turning out. What grape varieties are you growing and why not furmint?

bean_stalk

After vaping superclean product, your body rejects all the dangerous bi-products of burning organics. No more smoking.

bs

led05

Chasing The Present
A+ dude, living the good life is about way more than having money. Some stuff you just can't buy. I've never tasted a better strawberry or tomato than what comes out of my garden. If I had room for grapes and apple trees I'd be all over that too, but my snow peas are just starting to come in and I had homegrown kale and chives for dinner so I'm still pretty satisfied with how life is turning out. What grape varieties are you growing and why not furmint?

no grapes, I live in apple country and the grapes here are either for sweet reds or whites, not bad, some very good actually but not my thing.....

with the right variety of apple trees I'm fairly certain I can get all I like..... 13 varieties and 18 total trees, for now will work..

There's a component of eating your own that is clearly bias, of course it tastes the best :) ...... I'm a NYker though with friends and they tell me all I need to know, things aren't sugar coated around here, downstate or up, people tell you like it is.... many people don't like this, to me it's utilitarian, efficient - true :) - things are good, tasty and strong....

led05

Chasing The Present
After vaping superclean product, your body rejects all the dangerous bi-products of burning organics. No more smoking.

bs

good vaping is awesome, especially with great product.. the taste, effect etc is nothing like "burning"..... Who has a Aromed (German made) or has ever tried one? best thing I've ever used/bought a decade plus ago, looks like a Chemistry class but it does exactly what it's supposed too, works just like new...

different highs and effects though with different burn temps, a place and time for everything, burning a blunt even has a place / time, did I date myself?