What's new

Selling hort. equip. on craigslist

Floridian

Veteran
I have 3 vertizontals,a couple AC fixtures all 1K and a couple carbon filters that all work fine and I was asking just 500 bucks for the whole lot.I've never used craigslist at all but have heard that people buy and sell all manners of oddities and about anything under the sun.In close to two weeks I haven't received any inquiries at all which really surprises me.Are people just spooked about buying like this?Would I have better luck on EBAY(which I also have never used?]

zeke99

I have 3 vertizontals,a couple AC fixtures all 1K and a couple carbon filters that all work fine and I was asking just 500 bucks for the whole lot.I've never used craigslist at all but have heard that people buy and sell all manners of oddities and about anything under the sun.In close to two weeks I haven't received any inquiries at all which really surprises me.Are people just spooked about buying like this?Would I have better luck on EBAY(which I also have never used?]

I sold a lot of equipment, via CL, back in 2015. I met one guy in a supermarket parking lot, met another guy at a McDonalds parking lot.

Could be different from state to state, I see that you're in Florida.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Maybe try selling it individually if selling by lot isn't working.

St. Phatty

I find the prices on CL for used lights etc. tend to be low.

That is, a Buyer's market - for lights.

I did get decent prices for other grow tools, a light mover and some ebb and flow trays. Got about 1/2 what I paid for them, 10+ years ago.

But, vertizontals you got.

I agree with CVH, selling individually might work way better.

I'd be curious how things turn out with the vertizontals.

It seems that normally HID lights on CL sell for about 10% of their price new.

Maybe the vertizontals will do better.

Floridian

Veteran
Yea I'm definitely going to sell my filters separately,they are Alleair 5000 portable carbon/hepa units and cost 895 each a few years back,I think 200 bucs apiece would be a great deal for folks with odor issues.I swear I've never used a product that worked so damn good in my life

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As others mentioned, select a public parking lot, taking a friend along. CL is great for certain purposes. Selling on eBay you have to dink with shipping. Try local area CL first. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts