What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any dispensaries in bay area with legit bubba kush?

S

SooperSmurph

On haight street there is a small shop called Alternative Herbal Health Services, they have a reputation for both quality and rare strains, only dispensary to ever sell me true White Widow.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
What exactly is a true white widow? There has to be 100 different offerings in seed form and has probably been bred in every direction for god knows how many generations. So what exactly makes a true white widow? It's one you hear about occasionally but you never see anybody posting their awesome WW.

S

SooperSmurph

When I refer to a true white widow i'm referring to the old Shanti version, which was a low yielding nightmare for commercial growers, but produced copious amounts of fruity tasting resin.

The buds are sativa dominant and airy, yet extremely sticky and resinous, the large ratio of resin to plant material earned the strain the "white" moniker, the pistils are usually light orange when matured and dried.

It's a bit hard to remember the exact flavor of the strain after not having had it for many years, I remember it as generally fruity, but not overly cloying the way some fruity strains are, more of a light fruit profile, slightly akin to a fruit cocktail.

2dawgstar

Goodluck. To my knowledge its EXTINCT. The pre 98 thats around is the cali connection version with the extra affie. Or its the pre 98 that has a floral taste and smell. Both of them dont have the real deal classic.pre 98 kick

S

SooperSmurph

Goodluck. To my knowledge its EXTINCT. The pre 98 thats around is the cali connection version with the extra affie. Or its the pre 98 that has a floral taste and smell. Both of them dont have the real deal classic.pre 98 kick
True Pre-98 should be earthy and sweet, like hash fresh from pressing, that hint of sweetness having been brought on by the bubblegum, I agree, almost extinct, I had it once here in Denver at the ACA (A Cut Adbove) dispensary on Broadway, its located behind another dispensary called THC so make sure you don't end up there.

They refer to the more "affie" or "earthy" cut as "Pre 92".

2dawgstar

True Pre-98 should be earthy and sweet, like hash fresh from pressing, that hint of sweetness having been brought on by the bubblegum, I agree, almost extinct, I had it once here in Denver at the ACA (A Cut Adbove) dispensary on Broadway, its located behind another dispensary called THC so make sure you don't end up there.

They refer to the more "affie" or "earthy" cut as "Pre 92".

In the bay area its gone. True the real bubba went to colorado. But It doesnt have bubblegum in it and its not sweet. More like a coffee kushy smell and taste.

yeah, definatley not any bubblegum in bubba kush

similar sounding name confuses so many that dont know and misinformation is spread

FireIn.TheSky

yeah, definatley not any bubblegum in bubba kush

similar sounding name confuses so many that dont know and misinformation is spread

Well this is what happens when a strain gets popular but has unknown origins.

I've read so many stories about Bubba none of them have ever been proven true.

One thing I know is I like it. Been holding the pre98 for years now. I'd imagine the reason you don't see it around much is because it grows really slow and is difficult to clone.

2dawgstar

Well this is what happens when a strain gets popular but has unknown origins.

I've read so many stories about Bubba none of them have ever been proven true.

One thing I know is I like it. Been holding the pre98 for years now. I'd imagine the reason you don't see it around much is because it grows really slow and is difficult to clone.

Your absolutely right. Not to mention its difficult to breed with as well. Bubba might be a lesbian. And because it takes forever to veg everybodies been crossing it and its been tk other things. Or people just gave up on it because she tends to spit.out non viable seeds.

Do you vend to dispensaries? And if you do which ones do you vend to?

FireIn.TheSky

Your absolutely right. Not to mention its difficult to breed with as well. Bubba might be a lesbian. And because it takes forever to veg everybodies been crossing it and its been tk other things. Or people just gave up on it because she tends to spit.out non viable seeds.

Do you vend to dispensaries? And if you do which ones do you vend to?

I bred my pre 98 to double thai thinking it would be a match made in heaven but the results were poops.

The few I grew were identical, they all kept the worst features of the bubba. I was envisioning a strain that would stretch nice, have long running sativa buds, have a little more head but retain the best qualities of the bubba like the bag appeal.

What I ended up with was stumpy indica looking plants, the buds were huge but they were fat and hairy, the thai totally reduced the bag appeal of the bubba. It all went in the compost heap.

2dawgstar

I bred my pre 98 to double thai thinking it would be a match made in heaven but the results were poops.

The few I grew were identical, they all kept the worst features of the bubba. I was envisioning a strain that would stretch nice, have long running sativa buds, have a little more head but retain the best qualities of the bubba like the bag appeal.

What I ended up with was stumpy indica looking plants, the buds were huge but they were fat and hairy, the thai totally reduced the bag appeal of the bubba. It all went in the compost heap.

I had a f6 herijuana x sensi star male that was a frost monster. Hit 9 bubba clones. Only got a little over a hundred seeds all sterile. Next run hit 50 clones and all sterile. Did another 50 and got another hundred seeds but only 23 viable seeds off one plant. She is a picky bitch. But I ended up with a super potent bubba cross that smelled and tasted like WOOD. and it still vegged in slow motion.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Alot of bad info goin on here about Pre-98 Bubba. No sweet or bubblegum flavors at all. It's a true kush and is all coffee syrup and earthy tones. It is slow to veg and don't yield like alot of the new hybrids or crosses and it's not supposed to. It's a heavy stone just like the rock hard golf balls she kicks out. She is always my stash pot cause even with the forum, gg4, chemd, firecookies, etc, she is what alot of my circle want and love. A perfect girl for what she does.

Drewsif

The Bubba[gum] Kush is from Dutch banks. You can thank them for the confusion. It's literally the only Bubba Ive known and it's always the same: Bubblegum skunky nylon. Good smoke but not a kush.

Latest posts

Latest posts