What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

I Care

Mr Brunch,

You ever think about using your hydrocodone differently. Try to take them only for your body to get a nights rest, just whatever is needed for you to lay out down in good posture without feeling the pain before sleep.. Be careful with the codeine because of you stop using them during daytime, it’s possible to have an emotional reaction.

Another trick for hydrocodone is extraction so you don’t have to consume the acetaminophen that usually goes alonv with it. Requires specific water temp. This is what people do where codeine is available as an over the counter medication. The other solution to ditching the narcotics is the non-narcotic opioid called Green Meng Da. It is green Kratom that you make a tea with, goes well with sweetened maple syrup, agave nectar, simple sugar or the pump style amaretto flavoring. Although non-narcotic it can still have the same risk of dependence, but people have used it as a way to get their mind clean from narcotics. Works just like a hydrocodone so it could be your daytime remedy while using your prescription as only a method for resting your damaged spine.

I’m pretty damaged myself, have been doing some career management lately because of all the physical abuse the last 10 years. I couldn’t do the daily meds because I saw my father sick from prescription opioid withdrawal. But when pain was bad at bed time, I had to take the codeine. Pain was leading me into fetal position, which I knew could only make things worse. I would not try to cover the pain during the day, in fear that I would over do it and add insult to injury.

I would take a long walk until my back felt better, then keep walking til it hurt again. I would then sit down on a bench, smoke a cigarettes, maybe have a conversation with a stranger or two, then sit there until I was bored and I didn’t feel my back throbbing anymore. I would then walk back and when I got back to sit in the car I would be worn out out for the day and call it quits. This was how I avoided medication when all of my typical recreational activities were much more physical than walking.

I learned about walking by going for a holiday in Europe wher I walked about 100 miles over the course of two weeks. All of my nerve pain had subsided as a result of not working and all of that walking, all I really know is that they said it was a problem with discs between my vertebrae in my back and my neck. The rest is just being a stubborn young pot smoke, just old enough to be raised in cloth diapers, I might have been the last cloth diaper baby in North America.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hi mate
Thanks for your reply
The doctor hasn’t prescribed me any hydrocodone, just codeine and paracetamol- which I try to use only when it’s very painful ( more recently than before but only 2 or 4 tablets in a day)
Sometimes it just takes the edge off the constant pain, although it does nothing for the “electric shock” type pains that go through my hips.
Weed helps relax the muscle spasms, but it gets expensive when a crop fails like the last one.
I gave up my heavy-labour job about 10 years ago, and now I’m a carer for my daughter and wife which is a 24hr type job but much less weight lifting and much more rewarding
I don’t drive, so I walk pretty much every day… although I tend to use a back support now, and I can’t walk anywhere near as far these days.

Thanks for looking in :tiphat:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’ve broken more bones in my bodies than most people can count, but I’ve found relief, or at least relief enough to keep me going from a heating pad on my belly and an ice pack on my back… I take two hydrocodone every day and all that does is give me the ability to move around without being in chronic pain. I’ve heard many people say that marijuana helps with the pain, but I have not found that strain in my life yet. Y’all might want to try that ice because it just makes your back numb.

MarineOne

I’ve broken more bones in my bodies than most people can count, but I’ve found relief, or at least relief enough to keep me going from a heating pad on my belly and an ice pack on my back… I take two hydrocodone every day and all that does is give me the ability to move around without being in chronic pain. I’ve heard many people say that marijuana helps with the pain, but I have not found that strain in my life yet. Y’all might want to try that ice because it just makes your back numb.
Interesting, I'm an Old marine from way back and I too have suffered numerous spills.
My back most of all is like being plugged into a line wire 24/7, can you explain your ice method and how you apply it to your back injury?

mr.brunch

Veteran
It doesn't. But, it does allow your mind to wander away from thinking about the pain and that lets other meds or your physical stuff (hot/cold/horizontal etc - whatever works) do their thing.
Definitely doesn’t kill the pain for me… relaxes the spasms somewhat..,
And as you say, can give you some detachment from thinking about it- a joint of oil once even made me laugh at my painful situation, which then made it hurt more but that seemed even funnier 🤣

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Ask your doc about methocarbamol - a muscle relaxant. I can buy it over the counter here combined with ibuprofen or acetaminophen under the Robax or Robaxacet name. I know it is script only in the US. It works to some degree - especially when combined with some good Indica hash.

mike-or-ozzy

I've been geeting in home massage with arnica oil, the real deal stuff works great, theres a lot of dilutedcrap but my therapist supplys it. Shes great and I do tip her well. Imma basket case

Ice only helps in summer, I'm at 37 lat so cold here 8 mos per year, but subject to change nowadays

MarineOne

I've been geeting in home massage with arnica oil, the real deal stuff works great, theres a lot of dilutedcrap but my therapist supplys it. Shes great and I do tip her well. Imma basket case

Ice only helps in summer, I'm at 37 lat so cold here 8 mos per year, but subject to change nowadays
I have used Arnica flowers to make and THC tincture that worked pretty nicely, glad I read this .

mr.brunch

Veteran
Got the Xmas decorations down today- I do like getting it all done before new year, and due to little miss b’s autism she gets stressed and confused if the house is still decorated after Christmas is gone.

Looking forward to the new year- doing a little bit more forward thinking as far as my grows go to ensure I don’t run out of medicine.
Been searching seeds for a good yielding clone (in soil) for a while now so I can maximise each run, which will be a must as I’m short of available space and need the medicine.
It’s a long process, I’ve just popped 3x critical jack and 1x gorilla cake which I will clone just in case.

Anyway, I’m rambling now so all the best to everyone- hope you all have a wonderful and prosperous new year :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’m kind of glad that festive season is over and done, time to get back to normal
Just cooked a roast dinner for the family for New Years Day so I think normal services can resume tomorrow… little miss b is back to school but I’m going to miss her loads

Looking forward to the spring now … it’s hammering down with rain right now.