What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden 2013 MEGATHREAD

Feijao

Feijao, how do you incorporate all those flowering additives?

On my 10 week strains I feed for 9 weeks and then flush the entire 10th week.

Week 1 - 6 Aqua Flakes 7 to 9 mL per gallon
Week 7 - 9 Aqua Flakes 4 to 6 mL per gallon
Week 1 - 3 Roots EX 1mL per gallon
Week 4 -9 Bud XL 3mL per gallon
Week 1 -10 Drip Clean 1mL per gallon
Week 1 - 5 Hammerhead 5mL per gallon
Week 7 - 9 Hammerhead 2.5mL per gallon
Week 6 Top Booster 5.7mL per gallon
Week 7 - 9 M.O.A.B 1 gram per gallon

MOAB and Shooting Powder seem to do about the same thing but since MOAB is a little cheaper I have decided to go with that.

D916

I am on Day 30 and getting ready to introduce shooting pow to my res. Ive been using bud xl for the past 10 days. I just bought an air stone for the rez. Can I use the air stone or not? I have read a some different opinions but getting mixed reviews.

O

otis33

I think there was some misinformation about air stones a while back, they are ok. I would and do use a small pump to circulate the res and keep everything mixed up. the smallest pump will work best, but air stone is better than nothing

Eol

Hey guys,

I'm running 4 feminized C99 girls in coco with blumats under a 250W HPS. I've been using the following nutes:

Cocos A&B
Roots excellerator
Calmag
Drip Clean

For a final PPM of 1100 (the additives were at the recommended amounts). Plants are in week 2 of flower. I also sprayed with DM reverse with saturator this morning.

I noticed this morning there was this strange burn at the top of my plants and it actually seemed to get worse as the day progressed. Just now, I flushed the plants with plain PHed water and drip clean and I've changed out my rez for plain PHed water with drip clean as well.

Based on what I've read, I think these might be the reasons why this has occurred:

PPM too high (only need ~800 or so in flower)
No need for calmag
I was adding the H&G nutes, then the additives, the PHing. As oppose to adding H&G nutes, PHing then adding additives

Do you agree that the above are why this has probably happened? My last grow (and my first time using H&G), I went away for a long weekend at around this time of flower and when I got back the plants were completely burned and couldn't be saved. I thought at the time my fan must have tripped or something, but I think now the same thing might have happened.

Here are some pics of how they look at the moment:

picture.php

picture.php

I'm going to feed them with some plain PHed water for 24 hours, before giving them a weaker feed tomorrow with no calmag and PHing after I add H&G! Any other suggestions as to what I should do?

Many thanks!

O

otis33

when you flush coco you should use a half or quarter strength nute solution( depending on how strong you are feeding)... something about f-ing up the cat ion something rather. did you spray them with the reverse and put them under the light? that can burn l leaves. I have found that you don't need to feed much higher than 1.2 ec, generally, some take a little more. what kind of matter are you using? ppms can get confusing sometimes.

O

otis33

I'm looking from a phone, but I can almost see splatter marks on the leaves.

Eol

By matter do you mean medium? I'm using coco if so. I did put the plants straight under the light - however I'm only using a 250W and the plants are at least 5 inches away from it. That's not enough to burn them surely?

Additionally, some of the tops don't look like they've been burned, it almost looks like they were dying - turning a dark green and going limp.

It seems to have stopped now since I've flushed, so I'll get them on a weaker feed and hopefully they'll pick up. Need them to stretch a bit more to fill the space so hope they're not stunted/in shock!

Thanks for your help otis33!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope they rebound ok. I would not spray them again til recovery, and let them dry w/o the light so directly present.
I've learnt to keep my base nutes @ 500ppm. I do give them the 15m before adding the B, but then I add the additives, then adj. my PH.
My run-off is always within the sweet spot (6.5 - 5.8) so I don't sweat it complying w/ the H&G regimen. ;)

Good luck!

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Yeah lower your feed, don't foliar spray anymore and raise the light a bit. Sounds a lil too close even for a 250w

I use the same nutes as you, minus the drip clean cuz I see zero use for it and saw differnce when using it and not using it

Think about it, their selling you salts then selling you a product to remove those salts (drip clean)

Anyway, my veg feed maxes @ about 510 ppm (.5 scale). That's with using 2ml magical, 5ml A, 5ml B and 1.1ml of roots excel. That's all in RO water that's near 0ppm

Flower isn't much different. 7ml A, 7ml B and 4ml hydroplex ("bloom booster" from botanicare"

Just lettin ya know what regimen I use for reference, not tellin ya what to do, ya know

No reason to run their base at 11ml, that's a waste

I max out at 7ml personally with their coco base

Also only use 1 additive in veg as well as flower

No need to run a bunch of additives and supplements along with high EC/PPM

Get back to basics and see if that doesn't fix your problems

im in this boat. We are currently running Cocos A+B in Sunshine Advanced at 4-5ml in Veg and nothing else but Cal Mag and then in Flower 6-7ml and CalMag until week 5 and then cut down to 6ml and taper all the way down through week 9 to 0ml.

House n Garden proves that the Cannabis plant does NOT need high P to flower due to the fact their nute is 5.4-3.4-9.4 throughout

O

otis33

at my remote spot I never bought a replacement bottle of protekt(the only thing I use there in addition to base) and now that the trees are flowering I've noticed that the limbs are much weaker than usual, I've broken several trying to get in there and manage the canopy. I usually add 2-5ml/gal of si of some sort and it really does make a huge difference in stem/ limb strength. it also is supposed to help with heat stress and pests. it's just a tip I got from more experienced growers on the site that I'd like to pass along. another tip; add si first before anything else as it can do funny things to res if added after the base and additives.

Eol

Thanks for all the help guys. Having looked into it more, I think otis33 was right n that it was the foliar feeding that burnt them so bad. They're bouncing back, thankfully - some of the younger shoots are too badly burned and will need snipped but all is not lost!

I've also lowered my PPMs to 800 :)

Thanks again!

relic1981

Veteran
i didnt know hydroplex had all those goodies. so you just use coco a and b plus hydroplex? what strains do you run and what kind of yields do you get? container size/ type of coco and watering method?

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Yup, just a and b with some hydroplex in flower

Max out at 6.5ml of a and b along with 4ml hydroplex per gallon

1 gallon white botanicare pots hand fed every other day (Try for every other day, but ya know how that goes sometimes lol)

Cyco coco with some chunky perlite

Keep my veg basic as well. 2ml magical, 5ml a and b, 1ml roots excel per gallon. Once a week or so I'll mix in a half scoop of great white powder.

Bodhidragon

Question about adding Tea to the H & G Schedule

Question about adding Tea to the H & G Schedule

Hey all,

Hope to get some answers on this. Have been using a compost tea aerator to make tea for a 1 out of 3 feeding schedule in a very dry climate. Had excessive yellowing early in flower. Follow the H& G schedule pretty closely except for Magic Green and Algen.

Use a formula I got from 420 Magazine which is is this:
COMPOST TEA
Per 15 gallons.

4 Cups: Organic Compost
2 Cups: Worm Castings
1 Cup: Bat Guano
1 Cup: Sea Bird Guano
1 1/2 Cups: Sea Plex (Seaweed)
1 Cup: Humex (Humic Acid)
1 Cup: Fulvex (Fulvic Acid)
6 oz (1/2 Jar) Unsulferized Molasses

I mix this formula into 25 gallons of water and then mix with my 55 gallon water drum after it's aerated for 2 days. Anyone have any experience with using tea and H & G? Would love to know your insights. Used to use Alaska Bountea which also worked well. Interested in high terpenes and rock hard buds......
Any info?
Tha:thank you: