What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizers?

G

Guest 16149

SILVER SURFER

SILVER SURFER

SSV
Little Birdman, I have the Standard glass and it works fine :)
The other nice feature of the Silver Surfer is that you can add a water filter or a ice chamber to cool the vapor even more :) Lots of accessories
I am one very Satisfied user

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
215- didn't really mean to jump down your throat on that, but i just wish to emphasize that if your clear tubing turns brown it is because you are drawing smoke not vapors. vapors are not always visible, but you are correct that they definitely are visible usually.

starrider- if you wish to look into vapir then goto this website:

air-2.com

also, try searching for "vapir" on youtube.

i'm going to vape one right now! :muahaha:

215 User

dontstepongrass said:
215- didn't really mean to jump down your throat on that, but i just wish to emphasize that if your clear tubing turns brown it is because you are drawing smoke not vapors. vapors are not always visible, but you are correct that they definitely are visible usually.

starrider- if you wish to look into vapir then goto this website:

air-2.com

also, try searching for "vapir" on youtube.

i'm going to vape one right now! :muahaha:

No problem...
I keep my BAGS clean & change every other week.

:rasta:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
yea i don't see why you need to change bags... i suck ALL air out of bag and never blow into it i don't see how it would get dirty...

p.s. i hope you aren't capitalizing bags because you assume my vape doesn't use them. it can use both bag and whip delivery.

house

dontstepongrass said:
yea i don't see why you need to change bags... i suck ALL air out of bag and never blow into it i don't see how it would get dirty...

p.s. i hope you aren't capitalizing bags because you assume my vape doesn't use them. it can use both bag and whip delivery.
In Volcano bags some of the vapor condenses on to the walls of the bag as a sticky oil. Over time this begins to affect taste and bag filling necessitating the change.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
really. how long does it take to accumulate enough to affect taste?

i have only used a volcano in passing since why pay that price when a cheaper model does the same thing?

M

Movintarget

I checked out the web site for the 5.0 http://www.icmag.com/ic/links.php?url=http://www.air-2.com/ This product/technology seems great. I looked at the Volcano at my local head shop and the price knocked me back for a few steps $500 range. The 5.0 is on sale for $150 and you get a few extras to boot. I'll have to do a search to see if effects of herb is affected or inhanced.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
trust me the 5.0 is a GREAT buy. i have used many a vape and in my opinion it is right up there with the volcano and it gives just as awesome of vapors. the volcano has the upperhand on which one can vape more herb faster, but this only practical in a party setting.

i could keep ranting and raving about how nice the vapir is, but in lieu of sounding like a broken record i will just use mine and be content in knowing that i got a deal on a great unit.

215 User

house said:
In Volcano bags some of the vapor condenses on to the walls of the bag as a sticky oil. Over time this begins to affect taste and bag filling necessitating the change.

Thanks...
:lurk:

4maggio

Blaner123Doobie said:
SSV
Little Birdman, I have the Standard glass and it works fine :)
The other nice feature of the Silver Surfer is that you can add a water filter or a ice chamber to cool the vapor even more :) Lots of accessories
I am one very Satisfied user

Blaner is right! SSV...

bek

dontstepongrass said:
i looked into the silver surfer and i stand by the vapir air one 5.0. i keep saying the entire name because they still sell 4.0's and you DON'T want those. problems fixed in 5.0...

the silver surfer reminds me of the vapolution in many ways. for one, it is a whip only system. two, it has a rheostat/potentiometer temperature knob. three, it takes several minutes to heat up.

ok, vapir 5.0 is whip or bags. it has a supercharged heating element that gets it to temp in 30 seconds max. digital temperature readout and you can set it anywhere from 250-400 degrees (i set to 335-340) and it will maintain temp quite accurately. when using the whip you don't need to inhale with as much force as you would with silver surfer or a vapolution since there is a fan that forces the air through the vape. you are just there to "catch" the vapors... this fan of course is why the unit is noisy, but i have taken that with a grain of salt considering all the things it does for me.

the vapir also cost $100 less at 150 compared to the silver surfer at 250.

i will give the silver surfer these 2 advantages tho... quieter operation and it is more aesthetically pleasing sitting in front of you.

First time I've seen anyone rank the Vapir over the SSV. :nono: Have you actually used a Surfer? It takes no force to inhale. Gives much bigger hits than the Vapir can provide. An analog temp control is not a negative, it's a big plus IMO. It'll still be working years down the road after the fan on the Vapir has died. Fan + digital + 90 day warranty=bad news. You don't need digital to find the correct temp range. With so many cheap, inaccurate digital boxes out there, most people using them don't have a clue as to true vaping temps.

As for the price difference, 7th Floor, the SSV maker, has introduced a less expensive version of the SSV. Da Buddha (dumb name) has the Surfer's proven reliability at a $159 price. And unlike the plastic Vapir, the Surfer and DB have a very clean vapor path, with the air intake about an inch below the top of the heater cover, bypassing all the internal components.

C

curts1

Hi,
I´ve been off this thread for a while and catching up on the new data has me pretty confused...but I´m used to that feeling :muahaha:

Now I can only hope that my grow is a success so I can buy a vapir or SSV...

Cheders mates! :rasta:

Yellowmoon

I just got myself a Vapolution standard... no matter how questionable it's to get a crop from my outdoor plants this summer. Those of us who've smoked a lot... and I bet most have.. know that when your lungs beg for mercy, it's a sign. Health before everything...

Not a damn doubt that Volcano is amazing, but it's a tad expensive too.

Last edited:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i have not used the ssv, but now you have me curious. not curious enough to spend more money when my vapir is workin great.

C

curts1

So it´s either the Vapir or the SSV...maybe we should start a poll?

C

curts1

Looks like I´ll be settling for the Vapir as it seems to be getting good reviews on other boards as well.

Looks like my outdoor grow won´t be giving much do to the weather so I´ll be smoking a lot of leaves this winter...any use vaporizing leaves?

Latest posts

Latest posts