What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'll know more on or after the 15th March, dependent on how long the Judges decide to deliberate on whether or not the USA wins or looses this appeal....

If the feds loose......then I am finally off bail and free to live my life in the UK, but travelling abroad will be risky, since that Interpol red notice will still be out there, no matter what the Judge's decide in the UK.

DJXX

Veteran
GOOD LUCK.....Lord knows you have been through enough...Sayn a lil prayer for ya..DJXX

Spaventa

Veteran
I'll know more on or after the 15th March, dependent on how long the Judges decide to deliberate on whether or not the USA wins or looses this appeal....

If the feds loose......then I am finally off bail and free to live my life in the UK, but travelling abroad will be risky, since that Interpol red notice will still be out there, no matter what the Judge's decide in the UK.

An end to travelling abroad is a bummer dude. Surely you can clear it away with interpol if you win in court here?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
First step gets them to back off. Maybe NORML would trade for some PR on the forum and sick some legal on it to have it dropped altogether.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
An end to travelling abroad is a bummer dude. Surely you can clear it away with interpol if you win in court here?

Yes, that could be possible in the future. I have even had a little interest from a stateside civil rights lawyer who may even work pro-bono to try and get this nearly 5 years of trouble and strife turned around for me, depending on the outcome of this appeal the feds have against the ruling last August NOT to extradite me, coming up on the 15th March....I'm so tired of being on the defensive throughout this case, maybe I can turn the coin and instead go on the offensive if the case is settled in my favour?

This whole odyssey of legal attrition over seeds has cost me dearly, emotionally, physically, financially and most of all the loss of family life I have experienced by being deprived of my wife and the irreplaceable years of my children's early lives that I have been forcibly absent......all the money in the world could not replace that.

If you get a good lawyer stateside, see if they can get a deal cut for no time and parole/probation for a couple of years. If the uk won’t xtradite you, you’ll be in a legal limbo. That’s the card you’ll want to play...if you get it. The us wants you but the uk won’t xtradite ....It’s a big card for you. Tell your stateside lawyer the uk won’t xtradite but you want this taken care of and you’ll come to the us and turn yourself in once there’s a good deal on the table. Make sure to let your lawyers know this is keeping your family apart and your a family man now.

That’s what I would do if I was in your shoes.

Here’s wishing the best for you and your fam!

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes, that could be possible in the future. I have even had a little interest from a stateside civil rights lawyer who may even work pro-bono to try and get this nearly 5 years of trouble and strife turned around for me, depending on the outcome of this appeal the feds have against the ruling last August NOT to extradite me, coming up on the 15th March....I'm so tired of being on the defensive throughout this case, maybe I can turn the coin and instead go on the offensive if the case is settled in my favour?

This whole odyssey of legal attrition over seeds has cost me dearly, emotionally, physically, financially and most of all the loss of family life I have experienced by being deprived of my wife and the irreplaceable years of my children's early lives that I have been forcibly absent......all the money in the world could not replace that.

Maybe. Sounds to me like you need proper representation. Some expert advice may open some options you haven't thought of.

Its tough enough for anyone and ten times worse for a family man, I know, been there myself. Trials and tribulations can destroy families if they let them but if you hold tight, you come out stronger than ever, forged in the fire ;)

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10k saved me from doin 50+years....all for a plant.......
power to ya bradda Gypsy...
FOE20

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The latest development is that my solicitor Richard Parry, and Barrister Ben Cooper have acquired the services of Queen's Counsel Henry Blaxland on my behalf for the feds appeal hearing this coming Thursday.....so they are bringing in a 'Big Gun' in the UK world of legal eagles to represent me.

Blaxland has quite a long history of working on high profile cases and winning them in the High Courts, so that has given me a shot of confidence...

https://www.gardencourtchambers.co.uk/barrister/henry-blaxland-qc/

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nice Gipsy! That is really good news! Puffing this joint in honor of you and the soon to come freedom you deserve and deserved even since before the start of this legal trouble crap. It was all for nothing! Can't wait to hear the good news! Soon! :joint: :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nice Gipsy! That is really good news! Puffing this joint in honor of you and the soon to come freedom you deserve and deserved even since before the start of this legal trouble crap. It was all for nothing! Can't wait to hear the good news! Soon! :joint: :tiphat:

Thanks exploziv......Yes, this is a late development, and I will have to go up to central London to Lincoln's Inn Fields on Monday or Tuesday next week to meet Henry Blaxford Q.C. for a conference with him and the rest of my legal team before the feds appeal hearing on Thursday....I must say it is getting rather exciting ..... but time seems to have slowed down for me as this great step in my life approaches.

mack 10

Veteran
Thanks exploziv......Yes, this is a late development, and I will have to go up to central London to Lincoln's Inn Fields on Monday or Tuesday next week to meet Henry Blaxford Q.C. for a conference with him and the rest of my legal team before the feds appeal hearing on Thursday....I must say it is getting rather exciting ..... but time seems to have slowed down for me as this great step in my life approaches.

Good luck mate.
fingers and toes crossed.

Spaventa

Veteran
The latest development is that my solicitor Richard Parry, and Barrister Ben Cooper have acquired the services of Queen's Counsel Henry Blaxland on my behalf for the feds appeal hearing this coming Thursday.....so they are bringing in a 'Big Gun' in the UK world of legal eagles to represent me.

Blaxland has quite a long history of working on high profile cases and winning them in the High Courts, so that has given me a shot of confidence...

https://www.gardencourtchambers.co.uk/barrister/henry-blaxland-qc/

Thats more like it. What a difference a day or two makes ;)

EvergreenState

Good luck Gypsy. Hopefully the powers that be will FINALLY come to the conclusion that all of this time, effort and money spent trying to ruin someones' life over some plant seeds is ridiculous and unbelieveably cruel. May common sense and basic human decency prevail.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
and now for a spot of tragi-comedy

GN makes an early morning text to his Solicitor, Mr Richard Parry:

'Morn'in.....Trumps in the news advocating the death penalty for 'Drug Dealers'.
Federally my supposed U.S. crimes for buying and selling cannabis seeds (Schedule 1. Narcotic in U.S.A.), puts me in the same sentencing bracket as heroin dealers. So if I am extradited from the UK and exported over the pond to the USA for what is not a crime in the UK (seed dealing).....is it not beyond the realms of reason that I could possibly face THE DEATH PENALTY if Trump gets his way to follow his hero Rodrigo Duterte, President of the Philippines?'