What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

burningfire

Veteran
These are the buds I grew in coco the plant was beautiful and fragrant the high was like riding a wild animal ha ha.

View attachment 18789582

These seeds were planted the first week of October and have 9 hrs of light a day and grow like crazy from day one in coco.

Those buds look great, They look to lean on the Ethiopian side more than the Malawi which is very appealing to me.

I had very slim pickings from my bad growth, I wanted to make seeds and dealt with white flies for all the growth, it's a shame but I did manage to get small buds that were frankly a lot more resinous than I expected

View media item 18706731

Mateiro

Update. In a small box new seedlings doing fine. In this grow I will try metiljasmonat and vitamin C to increase THC production. Also near zero with NH4+ in flower because it cut THC....

Stoneroller

I should have mentioned the buds were Malawi x Ethiopian from Ace.
I only posted them to show the simplicity of coco its very forgiving.
Do you have experience about what are the key differences between Ethiopian and Ethiopia x Malawi, both in growing charasteristics and the high? Have you grown both, or has anyone else?

I have some E x M coming in the mail with some other ace seeds, however it might take until autumn when i plan to possibly grow some E x M... The E x M thread is quite short at the moment, so i guess people haven't grown them that much yet

Podenco

Do you have experience about what are the key differences between Ethiopian and Ethiopia x Malawi, both in growing charasteristics and the high? Have you grown both, or has anyone else?

I have some E x M coming in the mail with some other ace seeds, however it might take until autumn when i plan to possibly grow some E x M... The E x M thread is quite short at the moment, so i guess people haven't grown them that much yet
See late in my Mauritius x Ethiopia topic. I found Ethiopia x Malawi easy to grow, responds to short day light quickly, flowers as long as ACE indicated. Potent grass for me. The high is good, not too nervous, not too narcotic, allround smoke. Easy to bend pretty plants, narrow leaf type.

Tangwena

Veteran
I have not grown Ethiopian on its own but in the old days 70's it was regarded well.
The difference it makes to Malawi is a more delicate flower with an amazing floral aroma very beautiful.
The high is very complex and powerful as well one of my all time favorites from Ace.
An example of the high is I was cleaning my house to loud music taking breaks to dance every now and then.
When I noticed dust on my walls? i ended up sponging down the walls to clean the dust a huge job!
I have never noticed dust on walls before ha ha.

iStruggle

Just wondering if theres a planned restock with multiverse beans or north atlantic seed for us in the us? Been wanting to try the ethiopian for a minute but theyve been sold out forever

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im looking for fem seeds in the states. This would be perfect for my wife and friends who arent used to elevated thc levels

Thanks for your interest. Pure Ethiopian has never been released in feminized format, only in regular seeds. Kindly send us an email or send me a pm and we will recommend you feminized strains for your taste and growing conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks also for your interest @Stoneroller The Ethiopia x Malawi F1 is obviously much better yielding, much more potent and with longer lasting effects than pure Ethiopian, with more body effect too but without being narcotic like some Malawis can be, quite the opposite, E x M effects are still very uplifting from the Ethiopian side, @Podenco was really accurate in his reply, both strain descriptions on our website are also accurate and more detailed.

Holeshot51

I have not grown Ethiopian on its own but in the old days 70's it was regarded well.
The difference it makes to Malawi is a more delicate flower with an amazing floral aroma very beautiful.
The high is very complex and powerful as well one of my all time favorites from Ace.
An example of the high is I was cleaning my house to loud music taking breaks to dance every now and then.
When I noticed dust on my walls? i ended up sponging down the walls to clean the dust a huge job!
I have never noticed dust on walls before ha ha.
That’s funny. Sativa is always good for cleaning the house or shed.😂.And some air guitar.🎉

Holeshot51

ssap men! so... maybe someone can tell the right NPK CA MG S ratios for grow/bloom in coco? my water is 150 ppm.
What are you using as fertiliser. I use only bloom nutes for the full grow . Never ‘grow ‘nutes. Plants are stronger and have less sucking insects.
I have tried a lot of brands.. I used’ House &Garden’ for 15 years . I now use a local blend.
Make sure not to high in nitrogen.
Start of flower , - add a phosphorus additive .
Cut down calcium and magnesium
Mid flower start to ramp up the potassium until last 2 weeks.
I have found it’s good to let the medium dry out in between waterings.

Last edited:

Mateiro

What are you using as fertiliser. I use only bloom nutes for the full grow . Never ‘grow ‘nutes. Plants are stronger and have less sucking insects.
I have tried a lot of brands.. I used’ House &Garden’ for 15 years . I now use a local blend.
I have clean salts. Can make any possible ratio. I tried many things but now back to 50-60-100-25ca-30mg.

Onboard

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated! (y)
What P and K additives would you recommend?

EDIT: I currently have PK 13/14 from the bottle, a "RIPEN" bottle (Gen Hydroponics), bat guano, and worm castings. Looking for organics as well as mineral sources.

Last edited:

Holeshot51

EDIT: I currently have PK 13/14 from the bottle, a "RIPEN" bottle (Gen Hydroponics), bat guano, and worm castings. Looking for organics as well as mineral

EDIT: I currently have PK 13/14 from the bottle, a "RIPEN" bottle (Gen Hydroponics), bat guano, and worm castings. Looking for organics as well as mineral sources.
Pk 13/14 is good .
Kelp is good potassium
Rock phosphate in organic soils
I add a lot of green manure seeds into the mulch, let them grow a little then either chop them or just turn the mulch over . Worms love it..
chia seeds is a great one too .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts