What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds Making Process

algol

How or what do we call, or what name do we give to that process wich produces seeds ,not pollinating crossbreeding but the process of creating seeds, producing them.
This does not include breeding crossbreeding grafting.

:)

When seeds are made it is sexual reproduction like Betterhaff said, but when plants are created by cloning them it is called asexual reproduction.

algol

When seeds are made it is sexual reproduction like Betterhaff said, but when plants are created by cloning them it is called asexual reproduction.
Well my main question still is what the process is, when a breeders creates new healthy stbale genetics, for the market or personal use,not to important to this question,he makes seeds he pollinates the mother with i vigorous male plant but does this process have a scientific name like pollinatig, wich ats as a start to produce seeds in any way, i want to know if the proccess of making them has a different name. Thats the quesion, because i see theards here about breeding wich in the case they do it to produce seeds or simple as breeding, i dont know how to name it, i am fascinated by the breeding process i look every day at all breeding theards bookmarked like all of them but the main title theard wich in the case the breeder show how to makes seeds he call's it breeding but his intention is producing seeds like an example Skunk #1 male and Skunk#1 female,dos all this thing have a name or not ?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well ok man,i will make ome research or i will give it my own scientific name then :)

You might introduce yourself, if you haven't already, to some basic BOTANY.
If you want a general book check out "BOTANY FOR GARDENERS".
If you want a canabis specific title you should start with Robert Connel Clarkes "MARIJUANA BOTANY".

DJ Short has a book & most, if not all, of it is posted here.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42050

If you've got questions about anything it can never hurt to ask. You might not get an answer right away but typically somebody comes around and gives their 2 cents.

Latest posts

Latest posts