What's new

Is CO2 a waste of the room isn't sealed?

D

Deadphish1965

Is CO2 a waste of the room isn't sealed? If I vent a 4x2 room how fast will I go through a 20lb tank?

You would be wasting your co2 if you used it in a room that is not sealed. I can't tell you just how long your tank would last because I don't know how many leaks you are dealing with. You can fix most leaks with duct tape. It defeats the purpose of running co2 if the room is not sealed.

D

Deadphish1965

Darn, I don't have a small AC that would fit to keep the heat down of if I sealed it.

Brot

Not a waste if you can keep 1500 ppm.��������

D

Deadphish1965

I think I might try running the exhaust fan just enough so it barely sucks in air from the bottom. I know I'll be wasting some co2 but maybe I can keep the ppms at a decent level without going throw a tank a week or something insane like that.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yes..that 20 lb would be empty in no time....yeehaw..in theory----- co2 sinks and if your exhaust ran real slow it should mostly stay...does hot co2 still sink? how much cfm can you run before its pulling out co2 ??/ to be determined I guess...

Mrrite008

In order for c02 to be beneficial, your enviroment (VPD) and feed need to be dialed! Hard to do in a small cabinet with a passive intake / active exhaust. Your better off without c02 in your current setup!

Last edited:
D

Deadphish1965

I'm still making the setup, it's not passive if I have a inline fan pulling it out is it? What is vpd? I'm new if you couldn't tell. I mean, adding any amount of extra co2 will help won't it?

Also, will led light go through glass... Kind of like a greenhouse effect. Could the co2 stay beneanth a sheet of glass and I would just exhaust the top section?

Or do I just return the equipment and buy another light with the money?

Last edited:
N

noyd666

picture.php

Mrrite008

Vapor pressure deficit can be learned in detail at just4growers.com. It relates to creating the optimal enviroment for your garden. Plants uptake c02 best while running in higher temps (80-86 F) lights on. If your running higher temps 80+ , its optimal to run higher RH (65-75%). If your exhaust is constantly running, its hard to keep your temps, rh, co2 ppms at optimal levels to be beneficial to your grow.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We use an intake fan to suck in fresh air for C02. If your room isn't sealed and u are using a C02 tank yes you are wasting it

D

Deadphish1965

If I seal the box will I have odor problems outside the box or do I still run a carbon filter inside.

D

Deadphish1965

I think I'm just going to try running co2 with a slight exhaust and report back. Thank you everybody for helping me, especially corky and granger.