What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slow grower ?

kollos

:thank you:Hi guys, im havin 3 Vialator kush and 1northern lights and 2 nordle,

The NL and nordle is doing fine 6nodes, secoundary branches is coming out fine and after topped they still going strong.

But all 3 VK is slow, they are 6 nodes high and tight internodes, But the secoundary branches is just small leaves, they are nearly not even branches,

is this normal for some type of strains? they are growing but very very slow, and the secondary branches is just kids leaf.

They are 4weeks from seed.

Anyone ? :tiphat:

I wood

If everything else is healthy I wouldn't worry about it.
Some plants are just slow to veg.
I have a chocolate trip that takes forever to get to a small bush ready to flower, but then it finishes in 50 to 60 days every time. I prefer the 50 day effects myself but others like the 60 day buds. Either way that is fast for the sativa leaning plant.

Some strains grow slowing in veg but make up for it in flower. It is either that or you just ended up with slow growing phenos that won't make up for it in flower. You won't know until you grow them out.

Time Bomb

If you're after side branches and it's already at 6 nodes you could just bend the plant over and tie it down or tie it to its own stem even. This will make the plant focus on growing the side branches and bushing out a little bit, you could top it too but I prefer LST (low stress training).

kollos

Hello and thanks for your answers!

But is it really normal for some strains to have about 1-2inches of side branches when the other 2 strains have about.... 10inches side branches?

I have LST (and topped once) all 3 strains 4days ago but the plants with the small side branches isent moving that much, the slowgrowers is violator kush and super indica looking leaves,
But is this really normal or are they having problems? 1inch after 3weeks when the other have 10inches,

thanks guys

O

OG Tree Grower

Could be something wrong. Lots of variables of course only you could determine that but I do get slow cuts sometimes, they just don't seem to root and take off like the rest

kollos

well they are very green and healthy and so on... and fast to sprout and to get first set and so on, but now they are like hell no, no side branches for you...

The only thing i can Think off like if its no problem, is that this is a "huge main cola" strain? and i just made 6-8 big main colas and it will make this huge small colas