What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I’m curious about the numbers up the side of the door to your cab though... is that the ppfd at various distances from lights?

All of my numbers are from my often mentioned $5 ghetto swing-style light meter:
picture.php

This meter reads:
2300-2500 outside in July at noon
1500-1600 under a 1000w HPS center of canopy at closest reasonable distance
1000-1200 outside in bright shade
900-1200 in most 600w canopies (HPS, MH, CMH)

I've had the thing FOREVER and have used it to setup all of my grows to pound out flower with little bulbs. 1200-2k is the sweet spot, anything more is overkill and tends to bleach em. The numbers up the door are there for a quick glance. That way I can say, my screen is at a 750, they're at about 1000-1200 now. As they stretch up to the lights, they should be 1500-1800 or so..

All my respect for the information in that topic!

Terpene I set up a configuration very similar to yours, I hope to have flowers similar to yours too!

Thank you for all this information that is so important for anyone looking to get the crop right.

Terpene

Veteran
3 phenos of the Boats N Hoes #5 x Honduras Panama S1 which looked very similar in veg (same smells, growth rate, leaf shape, etc) are looking VERY different in flower (same stretch though).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Thanks for all of this info Terpene. I switched my veg and seedling gardens over to full SIL a few weeks ago and did the Greenhouse today.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Looks good OfCourse

Thanks. I just dusted everything in there with some Malawi Gold pollen

Purple Honduras Haze, Panama Haze, Oaxacan, Malawi Gold, Haze x Kali China, Ethiopian and Island Time (2 phenos).

Green Honduras Haze is in there too but it just threw some pistils a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get a branch to pollinate before the MG male has to come down.

Terpene

Veteran
Glad others are seeing the same results as I have.

picture.php

Boats N’ Hoes x Panama Honduras S1 at 10 weeks under the air cooled screw-ins.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Indoor Flowering Upgrade

Indoor Flowering Upgrade

I'm in the middle of transitioning the indoor flowering room from two 600W MHs to 60 13W SILs. I made the same style of frame that I made for the veg room and greenhouse out of 1x2s. Each frame holds 12 bulbs on clamps.

Really glad to finally be making this upgrade. It should help a lot with the heat issues and I am exited to go from 1200W to ~780W.

Most are 3000K but there are some 5000K bulbs in there as well.

Left to right in the front there are 5 OTH, one Malawi Gold (same bucket style), 2 Snow Moons and Orient Express on the right. Behind them are more Ace offerings like 5 Panama phenos, Purple Haze X Malawi, Purple Honduras haze and a few I can't recall off of the top of my head.

jonhova

Hi Terpene can you show a little bit about your carbon scrubber for your cabinets? Pardon me if i missed one of your previous posts showing it off. Id like to build something similar to your setup. Im also interested in your light trap and how large you made your intake holes on the new cabinet.

The air cooled lights is genius especially during hot southern california weather.

Latest posts

Latest posts