What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to start to see you finishing plants from each Kali China line @StrongTree :) Really nice resins!

The S1 F4 grew as expected very columnar and ripening in just 7 weeks, with less vigor and yield than the other less inbred lines. 21-F5 and Elite F3xElite F4 are much more on the bright, fruity, musky side rather than darker, rotten, meaty terpene profiles. Incense is very loud in all the lines, more or less depending on the individual.

I think you have had ph-ec imbalances during the grow.
Are you checking these 2 variables in waterings and feedings ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks
I think it perfectly describes this other one I found last night.
View attachment 18798464 View attachment 18798465

Happy to see you growing your first straight Kali China plant after try her in a few KC hybrids @Mountainkush She looked quite sativa-like in growth to later flower like a hashplant indica heheheh the slight variegation, mutant leaflet formation and buds growing on end of the petiole of main leaves are much more common in Kali China than in other strains. The cute buds on the leaf always puts a smile on the face of the grower :giggle: Love these 2 pics, last one looks like a snail!

Btw, did you have any problem with the feeding-ph-ec during flowering ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks also for your interest in exploring Kali China @StickyBandit ;) Hope you succeed finding a great phenotype like happened with Killer A5 Haze. I'm sure you will find Kali China much more easier to grow. Your plant looks super healthy and promising by mid flowering. Can you recognize any terpene profile at this point ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@StrongTree looking forward to your thoughts and review on each of the lines. Dubi has pulled all breeder's packs from the open market. I'm pleased to have got a pack as this strain has piqued my interest
thanks for your support @need4weed much appreciated! Wish you success and enjoyment while exploring your Kali China Breeders Pack (y)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you growing 3 Kali Chinas in your current indoor grow :) much appreciated!
Kali China F3 elite mother has always a lighter color (regardless of the feeding) compared with the other, most common, very dark leaved Kali Chinas from other lines, so individuals coming from F3 elite mother can show lighter color during its complete cycle.

Anyway, if you have doubts, make sure to check the ph and ec in every watering and feeding.

Kali China can be a quite hungry plant when has reached a decent size like your plants. I would recommend you to start feeding them with organic NPK with micro and bacteria life in the right ph for your growing media. Only the one on the top-left looks like asking for more nutrients, the other 2 seem to be enjoying current nutrients of the soil, but i'm sure they won't mind to have their first meal with liquid feeding.

Mountainkush

Happy to see you growing your first straight Kali China plant after try her in a few KC hybrids @Mountainkush She looked quite sativa-like in growth to later flower like a hashplant indica heheheh the slight variegation, mutant leaflet formation and buds growing on end of the petiole of main leaves are much more common in Kali China than in other strains. The cute buds on the leaf always puts a smile on the face of the grower :giggle: Love these 2 pics, last one looks like a snail!

Btw, did you have any problem with the feeding-ph-ec during flowering ?
Thanks Dubi,
Happy to finally have some to try. It’s in jars curing now but I did try an early sample I cut off a week before I harvested the rest and it was really tasty. Hit pretty hard too.

I can totally see the snail. Pretty cool.

I ended up have some buildup in the coco from not having enough runoff and a few other things. Started out a pretty good grow but around 4 weeks into flowering I had a family emergency and had to leave them with my wife for a while and when I finally got back home I got really sick for a few weeks.
I almost cleaned the tent out and was going to start over but managed to save them for the most part. I’d like to forget December even happened, but on the positive side my mom is back home from the hospital and I’ve put some weight back on and have enough energy to take care of my plants again.
AF5A1EFF-8A6A-49B7-BE57-78548B00B656.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

I just got done running a couple of Kali China plants. 1 pheno was very tall and purple with a very incense smell along with kind of a cookie/biscuit kind of smell. Super easy to trim, it basically grew in solitary nugs with very little leaf.
The other pheno was a short little hash plant pheno, extremely tight branching pattern with a very heavy berry incense smell. Much smaller yield but extremely resinous.

I haven’t smoked any of it yet, got a couple more weeks of cure before I sample.

StrongTree

So glad to start to see you finishing plants from each Kali China line @StrongTree :) Really nice resins!

The S1 F4 grew as expected very columnar and ripening in just 7 weeks, with less vigor and yield than the other less inbred lines. 21-F5 and Elite F3xElite F4 are much more on the bright, fruity, musky side rather than darker, rotten, meaty terpene profiles. Incense is very loud in all the lines, more or less depending on the individual.

I think you have had ph-ec imbalances during the grow.
Are you checking these 2 variables in waterings and feedings ?
yes @dubi the S1 F4 was quick to ripen and gave lower yield but really does have a special flavor that i'm very partial to... (similar to that Bubba Kush x Kali China i kept in clone for a while)
S1 F4 reminds me of anise / fennel / basil with a bit of floral and fruit...but with the noticeable musk that unites the initial tastes into a heavenly incense... also S1 F4 effect i find to be clean, calming, and mentally clarifying....relaxing or doing tasks it is compatible
...the Elite F3 xF4 i have going here has a similar but more spicy odor. the Elite seems to have a complex "misty" effect...a little more dreamy than the S1 f4 yet still functional daytime herb if you like
....21 F5 is less spice and more fruit for sure ....it is very frosty and potent
22 F5 is now in week 2 of flower
S1 F4 clones are also in flower again

sorry i have not been checking ph-ec
also i was giving foliar treatments to ward of mold and mites

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are also very accurate describing the effects of each one @StrongTree :D Happy to hear that about the F4 S1 ;) That's why the elite F4 is despite its low yield and variegation my favorite for quality of effects and specific terpenes, and it's the main Kali China parental plant used to reproduce the strain and produce KC hybrids, although as you are experiencing each line is slightly different and has its own differenciated qualities, all of them together keep all the terpenes and effects i wanted to define the personality of this strain.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely @StickyBandit you made your Kali China a fatty one :) Keep temps cool (not surpassing 20ºC) during ripening of this last reflowering for best quality of terpenes and resins :yes:

StickyBandit

Thanks @dubi I appreciate the kind words and guidance. I am however unable to control the temps or humidity and will probably be in the mid to high 20's with moderate humidity. Although conditions may not be optimal she seems to be handling it well :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Knop i have grown and experienced enough genetics to know for sure there are many different amazing lines in cannabis spectrum and to choose one is just limit yourself (why choose one when you can choose many!), but yes, Kali China is certainly the apple of my eyes for personal use and breeding.

Knop

@dubi , help please
I have a lot of paranoia when I smoke, my head goes out of this world, my head feels heavy, it feels like I'm in a matrix, thinking that nothing is real, that I'm in a movie.
Are there any strains that wouldn't have these effects on me? Do you suggest any that don't cause paranoia?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
@dubi , help please
I have a lot of paranoia when I smoke, my head goes out of this world, my head feels heavy, it feels like I'm in a matrix, thinking that nothing is real, that I'm in a movie.
Are there any strains that wouldn't have these effects on me? Do you suggest any that don't cause paranoia?

Hey Knop,
There’s threads in the ace forum that ask the same question. I’ve seen dubi give the same answers to various people that Orient Express is a good one for those who want a lighter experience. In most cases OE just lifts the spirits and isn’t overwhelming. Of course, there’s 1:1 CBD types that can be good, pheno dependent.

Also, you might want to consider micro dosing with much smaller amounts. I’ve found at various points in life that, depending on what’s going on, I can handle more and sometimes much less THC. Sometimes it’s good to have a break altogether and get perspective to understand why you keep going toward paranoia when high.

Hope you find what works for you :)

Last edited:

Common Sense

I just wanted to be happy, happy, laugh a lot
Hello Knop,
that is some good advice by @Kalbhairav . Keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to cannabis (and alcohol...). So going slow and one hit or vape draw at a time is the way to go, especially if you have had the experience of being overwhelmed. The desired effects you wish for often shine through with smaller doses.
Also, I have found the laughter attack effect is often exaggerated by media or the movie industry. In many years, I personally have only experienced that a few times. So, your expectations may be too high on that point.
Besides Orient Express, Honduras x Panama might be a good choice and Dubi might recommend Thai Chi for example. Kali China can be very powerful, but at small doses I find it to give a very happy and comfortable feeling.

Latest posts

Latest posts