What's new

Sativa - 10 Weeks in Flower- Should I Harvest?

DMTspice

Can you guys help me out and tell me if you think this is ready to harvest this sativa. I know it doesn't look ready, but I'm on week 10 and not getting many amber trichs so should I go ahead and chop it down? I'm afraid it might go hermie on me if I let it go much longer. Thank you guys.

picture.php

Doesn't look done to me,man. Ten weeks isn't really that much when you're dealing with a heavy sativa dom. How much amber are you seeing approximately? Do you know what strain it is? Might give people a little more to go on...

Scoobs

whats your light schedule as well?
You might want to bump it to 11/13 or 10/14 to get her to finish up.
Also if your plant is predominantly sativa make sure your not overfeeding nitrogen which can prolong the flowering process as well.

DMTspice

Doesn't look done to me,man. Ten weeks isn't really that much when you're dealing with a heavy sativa dom. How much amber are you seeing approximately? Do you know what strain it is? Might give people a little more to go on...

I don't know what strain it is. It's from mid-grade stock. The only other info I can provide is that it's on a 12/12 light schedule, I'm seeing maybe 5% amber and I've been flushing it with plain water for two weeks.

So what should I do at this point? Just keep feeding it fresh water? Should I be concerned about a loss in potency because I've been flushing it with plain water for so long?

Keep on flushing,doesn't hurt anything. Stressing plants in late flower actually makes em put out more resin IMO. She'll taste divine with such a long flush as well. Might want to cut the lights by an hour or so,as recommended above. By the looks of those pistils she still has some more buddage in her. These last few weeks are when you get the real density and weight to your buds in my experince. Two weeks as mentioned by BongRipikin seems like a fair estimate IMO.

DMTspice

Okay. I'll flip her to 11 on / 12 off beginning tomorrow. I'm really hoping that'll help her finish. Two weeks from now will be 12 weeks. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Peace!

mg75

the plant in the pic looks like it has some PH issues and deficiencies/toxicity or root problems which can manifest in deficiencies.

that alone can affect finishing times.

Nynexx

try a 13off 10 on cycle for the last week.. you'll see huge resin increase and will finish quicker!

DMTspice

Okay- thanks for the suggestion, Nynexx.

the plant in the pic looks like it has some PH issues and deficiencies/toxicity or root problems which can manifest in deficiencies.

that alone can affect finishing times.

You're quite correct. For starters, she's in a gallon container and most likely root-bound. I've also been dealing with heat buildup. Because I'm not able to exhaust the air in the room, the temp has been reaching high 80's. Then to top things off, she's been deficient in cal/mag- tried to remedy that with some Epsom salts.

softyellowlight

Harvest part of it, smoke it, and then figure out if you want to harvest the rest now or wait for it to get less heady and more stony. I won't be flowering out as long as I thought I should have at first, that's for damn sure. The smoke (or otherwise consume) test is the ONLY way to know, period.

High temps and humidity can def. prolong harvest.If their is any way to lower your temps and humidity a good bit I think it would help in the last few weeks.

DMTspice

I don't mind letting it go for a few more weeks. My only concern are the rust spots on the sugar leaves that mg75 pointed out.

I know this isn't a nutrient deficiency/toxicity thread, but if someone can chime on the following question, it would help me out tremendously.

Whether it's toxicity or deficiency, I don't know, but the rust colored spots are on the top half of the cola, bottom half is unaffected. Would re-potting be out of the question this late in the game? I just don't want the final product to be affected if the toxicity gets inside of the cola. What do you guys think? Or I can harvest the top portion as softyellowlight pointed out.https://www.icmag.com/ic/member.php?u=172095

Yeah,little late in the game for a re-pot. It'll just make a lot of nitrogen available,which you really don't need at this stage. I'd just keep flushing with ph'd water and maybe,just maybe give'er a bit of cal-mag. But there really ain't much you can do to improve things at this stage IMO.

CoCoSativas

Can you guys help me out and tell me if you think this is ready to harvest this sativa. I know it doesn't look ready, but I'm on week 10 and not getting many amber trichs so should I go ahead and chop it down? I'm afraid it might go hermie on me if I let it go much longer. Thank you guys.

View Image

That plant has a few weeks to go. It looks rough because of a early flush. 2 weeks is a long flush anyway they will look rough after that long a flush. Keep running it it will finish and be really clean theres probably enough food in the medium and plant to see it through.

Sativas can go a long time they wont start to herm when a indica would often they need way more time. Some take 6 months and never even finish. Even when breeders say 70 days often you can find much longer phenos. That plant dosent really look close to done to me. You probably should have fed it for 70 days flushed for 7 to 14 after maybe fed a week longer than that even and flushed a week or too.

I dont know the strain or grow method that info always helps

It looks pretty far from being ready. It does not matter what it looks like though, you have to go based on what the trichs though. On the bright side it looks like you have a 12-13 week sativa. Just wait it out. Any idea what strain it is?