What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WELCOME Fellow Geriatric Stoners!

G

>> You're among "old" friends.

yeah, right :rolleyes:

this place is like a cross between Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood and a fuckin minefield

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I love you people...

I love you people...

This has got to be one of the best threads I've read here. Wonderfull stories by everyone. I love hearing the experiences of others. Gunny, sorry it took me so long to get to this thread. I'm but turning 30 this summer, so you can call me the kid, but I hope i grow up to be as wonderful as all of you fine folks are.

Really great stories everyone... I wish people would take the time to share as much of themselves in the "introduce yourself" threads too. You know we all have a story, and if we can tell it, it will be just that much harder for people to demonize us and the herb we love to smoke.

Peace,
GreatLakes THC

Slowmoe

middle aged mutants

middle aged mutants

Another old fart here. (53) I started using weed 1969. Had some periods drug free but regular user now. I've been growing for 2 years.
It's really cool to have all the best weed you want and cost you almost nothing, I learned that here. Am disabled with to much time on my hands. Pot sure makes things easier like YEAH it really does help with pain without the opiates. It helps as anti-depresent too. One day recently I found myself laughing out loud for no reason at all. I live alone. Have 2 girls and 4 grandkids and am very grateful to have time & freedom to spend with them. The youngest daughter (27) uses and I have supplied her with some of my homegrown but I have never smoked with her. Growing is the best kind of hobby I can think of.
It's great to hear and learn from fellow users from all over the world.
Safe growing to all Slowmoe

Petfly

Good to see old friends around

Good to see old friends around

Nice thread going and nice meeting you all. Gonna hang around here for a while.

I was born in Namibia in 1961 and had lovely parents. My mom died when I was 12 years old and was given to a family member to raise(dad was alcoholic). We were not compatible as I had to do all the housework and my homework, both which I did not like. I decided to leave school early and was grabbed by the SANDF for army training which your destination if you were white in SA.
There I was trained how to hate and kill people and became a proper racist. I was 17 turning 18 when I was sent to do infantry patrols. I have fought in 6 countries in 3 years and was hardcore macho and racist.
My change came when I lost everything I had.

Anyway it is 15 years later since that faithful period in my life and I own a business with about 45 people. I did not finish the former schooling system and maybe it is a blessing in disguise, also meaning that 70 % of my staff has better qualifications that I have. Some of them even drive a better car than I do…….things of life anyway.

I have been burning rope since 1971 and only start to grow indoor for the past year. We got some kickass weed growing in remote areas, but the indoor growing floated my boat.
I am happily married and faithful to my first wife and we have a beautiful daughter of 13 years old. I am passed my stage for hunting skirts and drinking beer or doing something to impress other people. Life now has become precious and I cherish every day I have to live, love and grow. I am a Christian and love to help other people. Herb, also has changed me a lot, for the better of course.
Blessings and keep well

grammychronic

senior girl here

senior girl here

evidently i am the senior gemini here:-}
i'm going to be 55 in a few weeks. i've never been in the military, altho i came close in 1977, i almost joined the marines. but i didn't as i just couldn't commit 3 yrs of my life to the gov't. i married an alcoholic in 1969 and together we brought into this world three of the nicest, most handsome young men ever. after 10 years of his growing abuse and infidelities, i called it quits. in 1977 i lost my left arm in an on the job injury, but i preservered and raised my sons alone and without any help from the public and/or family. i didn't smoke weed until after my last son was born, in 1974. before that i was pretty sure that people who smoked it were all gonna die and go to hell, as i said "pass me another blitz" LOL i too remember the dives under the chairs at school and wondered if a bomb can destroy the school, how will this chair protect my ass? i remember "blue suede shoes" and "saddle shoes" with the "poodle skirts" twirling as my sister rocked and rolled. i remember white cords and penny loafers. i also remember my grandfather rolling my butt outta bed at 6am to go to the barn to help milk and shovel shit from the barn before school. i had the same 4th grade teacher in the same town as my mother had when she went to school. God bless Mrs. Rhoades.
i've had some college, but just had to end a long career due to secondary disabilities, i am now retired on disability:-{{. i did love my job and i do miss it.
mmj helps me control the pain without the use of "plastic" painkillers, which my body rejects in a most uncomfortable manner.
i am married to a wonderful man, since 1984. i am blessed with good friends and a loving family and almost 6 beautiful grandkids....i finally got some girls to go thru "grammy's button box" with...
thats about it................chapter two is in progress and will be updated on a "need to know" basis LOL
peace grammychronic :p :p :p

Nexsus6

The joys of being an old fart

The joys of being an old fart

Means I get to hang out here...
Nice group of people..
Stay safe
Nexsus

G

Hey old farts:D Just thought I would pop in and say hello. Nexsus, where have you been bruddah? Good to see you all!!

Peace all

Bang Wang

zunny

Ahhhhh it's sooo good to see old friends and meet new ones!

I have not been around... well, I been around but just not posting. I have a lot of stuff going on right now. Oh - no worries, it's not BAD stuff, Mostly good things I reckon.... Job, Fishing, Social.... all good! :D

I will REALLY try and answer my PM's this weekend...

PS GREAT to see ya Nex & BW !

G

On a cold and rainy spring morn'...

On a cold and rainy spring morn'...

I raise my bong to my fellow 'pre-geezers'...:D (and a few actual geezers too...hehe)

Been unable to get into the site for a few weeks...ol' Skip musta been 'tweaking' things, because now I have to enable my cookies to log in.

High, BW & Nexsus...*waves at some old friends* - nice to see you guys made it.

slickute

Greetings

Greetings

Hi, High?

I'm 52 years, smoking daily since 1967. I feel like I've come home!!
I've never been able to grow. First an anti-pot wife followed by 2 out of 3 anti-pot children. First rule! Don't tell anyone! Second rule never hide the pipe in a new place!
Found this site while researching drug tests. I think I'm about to fail my first test. I'll get over it. Remember - Don't tell anyone.
I'm in foodservice so there's lots of jobs out there I'm overqualified for without testing. I'm glad I found all you folks hiding under your desks and standing in doorways, you are my kind of friends.
If I could control the smell maybe I have a good hidden spot indoors but I have a nephew on the swat team and my brother in law is the DA. Love to hear some suggestions would save me some hard earned $$.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Well, The Time Is Here.......

Well, The Time Is Here.......

Since I celebrated my 40th birthday yesterday (*DG smiles and winks after saying 40th...LOL) guess that means I get to come in here and hang out with all of you ;)

That is unless Gunny thinks I'm a risk to the civility and decorum he has created in this forum...roflmao! j/k Gunny...:p

:D dg

EcoNepenthe

Belated Happy Birthday

Belated Happy Birthday

Hey DG:
A big belated Happy Birthday. Here's wishing you 40 more years of cannabliss.
Be Good. :)

Watch em grow!!!

G

Get out yer readin' specs...

Get out yer readin' specs...

"If I could control the smell maybe I have a good hidden spot indoors but I have a nephew on the swat team and my brother in law is the DA. Love to hear some suggestions would save me some hard earned $$." - slickute

Here ya go...3 excellent articles (from another canna-site) that'll open your eyes to the possibilities of stealth growing. Good luck in your quest to break the chains of "dealer dependence", and welcome to the Old Fart's Forum. ;)

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=25335&highlight=the+monolith

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=60452

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=51932

OBTW...belated Happy B-Day, DG...:D

slickute

carpentry project

carpentry project

Do I have to glue those black tiles all over the outside to fly under radar???
Thanks to Dowser and Eco! I'll let you'all know how it works out!!

ndnguy

A new old timer

A new old timer

Hello friends, am 49 years old and toker from way back, used to grow back in the 70's and have not since. Now health problems and price of bud will return me to the fold,am a rookie at indoor and have been reading alot of threads to study what I need for a grow, my question is what strain would be good for cronic pain and another for deppression, would like to keep it as simple as possibe so I will go with BOG'S method but need to know what strains might work best. Gotta keep away from the paranoia kinda buzzes also, ty all for any input you can give. Keep tokin...ndnguy :wave:

JollyRancher

Weel I may be a noob

Weel I may be a noob

to these parts, But I certainly fall in the geezer category.
Turned the big 50 last march, and although the knees are gettin' a little weaker and the eyesight a little worse, I can still rip a bong, or wring out a doobie.
Gave up smoking cigs over ten years ago, and my lungs have thanked me for it. I took an equivalant break from puffin' just to take a sane look at the world for a while.
and here I am back lookin' for grow info and findin' old farts to swap a few lies with....
BTW my firsrt grow was back around '82