What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White spots on my leaves

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
i found difficult mix neem oil with water! i shook it as much as possbile but seemed like residues were formed! i hope it worked!
You add the recommended dose of neem oil to warmish water, then add just enough liquid dish soap to dissolve the neem oil in the water. Then add the recommended number of drops of pyrethrum.

That combination will dehydrate, mess with, paralyze, smother and starve most insects.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Looks like clear thrip damage, spinosad and any natural oil based anti insect spray/wetting agent will sort you out..;) Thank me later..spinosad will solve your issue.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far, this poor guy has been told its deficiency, add this, no dont add that, use neem, no dont, mix it w soap wo any real assistance as to how. When it comes to applying neem, i suggest a product called pro-tekt, silicia based surfactant that mixes readily with water and neem. Do 1oz of neem to 1oz of pro-tekt in a gallon of filtered water at room temp. Now, your plant, which looks like its going to be fine by the way, is experiencing some minor deficiencies. Its common, likely to rebound on its own and i dont think its pest related. No need to grab spinosad yet that is not thrip damage. Thrips produce silver looking damage in lines not circles like that. That looks like you sprayed your plant and water beaded up and your light burned it. You are better off spraying your plant w the lights off. Dont overwater that thing, id just let it go a bit and see if the damage starts to subside or increase. Relax though, it will be alright.

Gio88

I’m just searching for the easiest use of the neem oil! I made the water warmer, added fresh water for a total of 1 liter then put tiny pieces of soap and then a teaspoon of neem oil! So it’s the soap who should dissolve the neem oil? Thanks!!!!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
With soap, make sure your pH of spray is not high..some biting f'ker is doing something there, look at the two places where the leaves have been bitten and are doing that f'ked growth or wanted to from the toxin of the bite..spinosad will prevent that..used as preventative with oil based spray, use a proper wetting agent though that won't mess with your PH and spray once a fortnight and you won't get issues like this. It will be just one part of your IPM. Then you won't have questions like this to ask. Spinosad is a godsend when used correctly, you don't let anything get their foot in the door, nevermind lay eggs and start a cycle. Thank me later..kill yer bugs first when your plants are young and get in the habit of prevention.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I’m just searching for the easiest use of the neem oil! I made the water warmer, added fresh water for a total of 1 liter then put tiny pieces of soap and then a teaspoon of neem oil! So it’s the soap who should dissolve the neem oil? Thanks!!!!
Pieces of soap? Liquid is the way to go.

Gio88

i have another doubt: its is starting to becoming colder and colder outside , i use a lamp mh 150w , i don't know if closing the window where my plant is or not , i know it is a stupid question , but i wouldn't like to have problems for the air movement or for the external temperature! i don't use a grow box so technically the plant is under the window , what do you suggest? thanks