What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Postal strike

Smokerman

Veteran
So the only way to get weed in Ontario is thru online , and Canada post is the only one who can deliver it. Well Canada post just delivered strike notice for 12:01 October 22.
Just fukin great.

troutman

Seed Whore
The 1st time I ordered from Tweed I got it delivered by a courier service.

I had to sign for it like any other parcel delivery.

Maybe LP's should use that method as an alternative during mail strikes.

diffusing

last 2 canada post packages i got were both 2 days late.. in the last 2 weeks. dont know if its where i live, they used to be on time.. or they just dont care anymore. nothing to do with cannabis.. but just in general. but 2 days late is fucking annoying.

Gmack

Canada post employees are the laziest bunch of government employees ever. Every year they threaten to strike and the government caves and gives them a bit more. Every year.

Smokerman

Veteran
They said it’ll be a rotating strike so I guess worst case is you get your package a day or two later.

Maple_Flail

Canada post is terrible now..

ya i get there is pay inequality.. but FFS ya gotta earn it in the first place..

packages that need ID or signatures.. i just get a notice in my box apparently half a flight of stairs to my door is too much. making more than minimum wage.. kids at Mcdicks works harder.. and that is saying something..

Gmack

They get paid exceptionally well for the level of work done. Nonthing they do is hard other then walking. And I'm sorry but if walking isn't your thing don't be a mailman.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Canada post is terrible now..

ya i get there is pay inequality.. but FFS ya gotta earn it in the first place..

packages that need ID or signatures.. i just get a notice in my box apparently half a flight of stairs to my door is too much. making more than minimum wage.. kids at Mcdicks works harder.. and that is saying something..
+1
It is sad when a letter carrier makes more than a machinist!

Maple_Flail

They get paid exceptionally well for the level of work done. Nonthing they do is hard other then walking. And I'm sorry but if walking isn't your thing don't be a mailman.

they don't even walk that much here.. everyone here is on "super boxes"

Their little buggy truck to the super box and back.. then to the drop off depot then clock out.. they don't even load their own trucks.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Government workers can all piss off. Not only do they have the Union backing them but they also have the gun barrel of the government to extort money from the rest of us through taxes. Selfish fucks. You already get paid more than the rest of us for the same fucking work.