What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains For the Masses

So, the reason I brought up the economics was to contextualize his price. At a little over a pound per seed, it confused me as to whether or not if it was the right listing price.

Also, as that's effectively part of his business model, I felt mentioning it was a way to give respect. I'm pretty sure its up on his website somewhere, too, so its not like I'm digging around for evidence to start calling people out.

I have no desire to start any of that on this site. If you want to sell your life's work for the minimum price it costs to produce them, then I thank you for your contribution to our cause, and your willingness to make it super accessible against what we capitalists would consider your own self interest. It takes all kinds to make the world interesting.

Long story short, his products are cheap due to ideology - its no indication of quality. If anybody wants to start making this a discussion of economics, hopefully we can get a mod in here to clean it up. As this is a thread about KCBrains, I find it relevant to give what little background I know about the man.

Never had much interest in his strains. I have heard a few people say great plants can be found in mango. I would like to try the haze also.

But hearing he is anti capitalist makes me want to support him! I dislike economys as much as I dislike wings, either one of them.

I'm glad it caught your interest. You won't be disappointed by the genetics.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Exactly guys let's keep it about cannabis. I'm sorry Grumpy I understand what your saying and your thinking. I didn't mean to be disrespectful toward you or anything. Just know how things can go left fast....why I brought up GHS and some of the bullshit that the threads were. So let's agree to keep it cannabis guys....if you like or dislike KC because he's anti capital that fine but not the argument for here.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I never really had much interest in this strains either but they seem to be pretty good guys. I promise if they seemed like shit I wouldn't say they seemed good. But there growing looking smelling great in VEG, and very early flower

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Still have to pop these.Hopefully to find an incense pheno.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 21

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Question for those who ran the KC33 before. How prevalent is the Lemon Pledge furniture cleaner type of profile in this line? Thinking of using it as some breeding material with some of the more recent elite clones. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Still have to pop these.Hopefully to find an incense pheno.

Wow those will be fun. Do you plan to run them indoors??? I'm wondering how long flowering is 16-20wks maybe??? I dunno in silverbacks threads how in depth he got with details of KC 33. But if you got time all his threads are in a sticky. I really suggest everybody that's growing outdoors when you get time to read his threads....he left behind a lot just in the threads. This one CL like I'm saying has one of the most unique smells I've noticed in a very long time.

Question for those who ran the KC33 before. How prevalent is the Lemon Pledge furniture cleaner type of profile in this line? Thinking of using it as some breeding material with some of the more recent elite clones. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've only taken 4 to harvest, so my experience is limited, but I got two of both phenos and all of them cured into the same smell, although the Thai did have a hint of chocolate while growing and in the early stages of curing, so there is likely potential for some variation with large enough populations. I'm not sure about lemon pledge cleaner, I always associated that with middle eastern genetics. KC33 is a Thai and Brazilian hybrid.

I would recommend popping just a handful before you go searching for breeding stock. The high is very unique to say the least. People love it or hate it - I've gotten some accounts of paranoia, too. You may end up with a whole bunch of plants and herb you don't want anything to do with. I also wouldn't say this is the strain to go to for terps. If you can isolate the high and breed it with something that is loud and/or dank, then you potentially got yourself some holy grail.

I'll be doing a large run of KC33 seeds when I get another grow room, but that will be quite a while.

browntrout

Veteran
I've only taken 4 to harvest, so my experience is limited, but I got two of both phenos and all of them cured into the same smell, although the Thai did have a hint of chocolate while growing and in the early stages of curing, so there is likely potential for some variation with large enough populations. I'm not sure about lemon pledge cleaner, I always associated that with middle eastern genetics. KC33 is a Thai and Brazilian hybrid.

I would recommend popping just a handful before you go searching for breeding stock. The high is very unique to say the least. People love it or hate it - I've gotten some accounts of paranoia, too. You may end up with a whole bunch of plants and herb you don't want anything to do with. I also wouldn't say this is the strain to go to for terps. If you can isolate the high and breed it with something that is loud and/or dank, then you potentially got yourself some holy grail.

I'll be doing a large run of KC33 seeds when I get another grow room, but that will be quite a while.

She breeds well, I found every pheno to cure to almost the same smell. And the high can be a little evil your right. Not my cup of tea, she can be pretty terpy outdoors with a spicy lemon peppery smell to her and decent taste, can be devastating high when bred out.

She breeds well, I found every pheno to cure to almost the same smell. And the high can be a little evil your right. Not my cup of tea, she can be pretty terpy outdoors with a spicy lemon peppery smell to her and decent taste, can be devastating high when bred out.

That's great to hear. I haven't been as excited to do a selection as I am for this one. I love magic mushrooms for how different the trip can always go and to a certain degree you get that with this strain. Its made me extremely interested in Thai genetics. Its really a special line for me. Once I had this one, my view of cannabis in general changed.

I'm definitely throwing multiple packs of these outside. That terp profile you mentioned top of this high I'm flying on right now would make me cry.

Everyone should give KCBrains a shot. Its so cheap you can't justify not running it. I wish he could be more popular with noobs. My first handful of plants were 10 dollar per seed dinafem hemp. I probably would have called an ambulance on myself if my first good smoke was KC33 :whee:

browntrout

Veteran
That's great to hear. I haven't been as excited to do a selection as I am for this one. I love magic mushrooms for how different the trip can always go and to a certain degree you get that with this strain. Its made me extremely interested in Thai genetics. Its really a special line for me. Once I had this one, my view of cannabis in general changed.

I'm definitely throwing multiple packs of these outside. That terp profile you mentioned top of this high I'm flying on right now would make me cry.

Everyone should give KCBrains a shot. Its so cheap you can't justify not running it. I wish he could be more popular with noobs. My first handful of plants were 10 dollar per seed dinafem hemp. I probably would have called an ambulance on myself if my first good smoke was KC33 :whee:

I think there is more brazilian in the KC33 but i could be wrong. Take a look at the brazilian sativas and you can really see the KC33 traits there, long uniform spear shaped buds. I always associated the paranoia inducing side and spicy taste to the brazilian.

I think there is more brazilian in the KC33 but i could be wrong. Take a look at the brazilian sativas and you can really see the KC33 traits there, long uniform spear shaped buds. I always associated the paranoia inducing side and spicy taste to the brazilian.

I have to admit you are correct. I ignorantly assumed the thinner fingers and buds equated to Thai genetics and the fatter fingers and buds meant the mysterious Brazilian I had previously barely heard of. I think what happened was, I associated my boring Dinatrash White Widow I grew as a noob with Brazilian genetics, and automatically called my favorite pheno Thai because of that bad taste left in my mouth (pun intended).

After looking at Brazilian genetics on this site, I have to concede that both of those phenos I put up more closely resemble Brazilian genetics - different though they look from each other - than either resemble Thai. Particularly when it comes to the angle of the serrations, and the sheer width (or lack thereof) of Thai fingers.

I couldn't find anything resembling an exact lineage of the line, but you are probably correct that its more Brazilian than anything else.

Much respect for pointing that out. God only knows how long it would've taken me to figure that one out lol.

cone

I harvested 4 KC33 females. Funny story about that strain.

I intended to run 15 for a pheno hunt. As seedlings, I lost most of them due to my humidifier not working one winter night, and returned to a grave yard. The five that remained gave me 4 females, whom I promptly put in the four corners of my clone grow, as their previous space would be used for a different seed run. I didn't want to kill them, but didn't want to steal resources from my tried and true clones, so I just put them in the corners. Each one of those plants blew away all of my clones. KC33 raised the bar after that.

Two main phenos: Thai leaning and Brazilian leaning. The Brazilian pheno is a really good concentration high, but the Thai pheno is psychedelic. It has stages lol. First, its all energy, racing thoughts, extreme fascination with the world. Then, you get caught up in your own thoughts for a while and shut off from the outside world. Finally you go to sleep.

I remember the first time I tried my Thai pheno. It was with three family members. We all smoked just the tiniest amounts, then it was on. We would not stop talking and laughing for about two hours, then we all got very quiet at the same time, then we all went to sleep right where we were on the couch.

The Brazillian pheno is great for daytime smoke, and the Thai is the ticket to the next universe. I will definitely grow this one again.

Brazilian pheno
View Image

View Image

View Image

Lol could that be luck or KC's breeding choice of parents?

The Brizillian pheno doesn't sound bad but the Thai is a big no no, That racey high isn't for me I'm bad as it having a trillion thoughts rushing through my mind & 5 hours sleep per night average never mind having a joint of that.
Crossing it with my Bluemoonshine bx would tame it down I reckon.
Gorgeous looking plants though GG.

Pédetoddy

I get some afghani Special seeds. I want try this indica here ( Brazil 19 Latitude). I get poor results whith other indicas and hibrid.
What do you think.
Can i have a decent yield?

cone

I get some afghani Special seeds. I want try this indica here ( Brazil 19 Latitude). I get poor results whith other indicas and hibrid.
What do you think.
Can i have a decent yield?

I'd go for it Afghan's are well known for being resilient.
Is it humid where you are that far SE?

Pédetoddy

I am in SE, mid spring to mid atumm is humid. I don't have problem with fungus my problem is plants flowering too early (indicas and hibrids).

cone

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

So is kc33 some sort of white widow x Haze or Thai?

I think one big reason he was never popular is no one ever knowing wtf the genetics were. Great for keeping your strain safe from copycats terrible for actually getting people to be interested enough to grow what you are selling.

I will definitely be digging into his genetics in the next 2 years. I have heard great things about KC33 and his mango. Mango will be the first few packs I pop.

Pédetoddy

Why don't you go for a more Sativa dominant strain like

Leda Uno
https://kcbrains.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/regular-seeds/leda-uno/

Mind Benderhttps:
//kcbrains.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/regular-seeds/mind-bender/

Bahia Black Head
https://kcbrains.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/regular-seeds/bahia-black-head/

I grow pure sativas. Green haze x Thai, Golden Tiger, and get this year Zamaldelica and Purple haze x Malawi.
But i want a pure indica with dense buds in my colection.