What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwd's Summer/fall indoor/outdoor grow/show

G

Hye, Syd, your "greenhouse" is producing most excellent plantage, better than the tent in my humble opinion :

Say that again man,the sun and a heck of veg time do wonders :biggrin: Them gals enjoying all that nasty uvb,I'm sure you see it on your babes,too.They look like they're stepping up the gear :)
But there is havoc ahead for me for sure,the room right now is fuller than last year at the end of flowering... :hide: Pests and /or mold will be a real challenge.Not to mention the trouble my pal is gonna have watering them while I'm away for ten days...I'll probably spam Bud's thread for a teaser in a few days when I'm off my mandatory 4 day t-break,totally wasted and in yolo mode :laughing:

My mala5 is...abbotty!.Love Costello,nice blend of genetics on that one. I had to gift the malanev due to...well, lack of space lol.

And,yes,an OE is maybe the next best thing to behold after a babe at the beach :biggrin:

Cheers dog !

Buddler

Veteran
! wish i had done that with my a5ms as they are getting too tall may have to bend them over lol ..Indoors i was finishing off some thai goodness..Syd spam any time bro always welcome .. NIce work mr DWD per usual..:peacock: Cheers gentlemen.

deepwaterdude

Maaaaybe another week of veg for the A5s x Malawi

Maaaaybe another week of veg for the A5s x Malawi

Say that again man,the sun and a heck of veg time do wonders :eek:) Them gals enjoying all that nasty uvb,I'm sure you see it on your babes,too.They look like they're stepping up the gear :eek:)
But there is havoc ahead for me for sure,the room right now is fuller than last year at the end of flowering... Pests and /or mold will be a real challenge.Not to mention the trouble my pal is gonna have watering them while I'm away for ten days...I'll probably spam Bud's thread for a teaser in a few days when I'm off my mandatory 4 day t-break,totally wasted and in yolo mode!

My mala5 is...abbotty!.Love Costello,nice blend of genetics on that one. I had to gift the malanev due to...well, lack of space lol.

And,yes,an OE is maybe the next best thing to behold after a babe at the beach :eek:)

Cheers dog !

! wish i had done that with my a5ms as they are getting too tall may have to bend them over lol ..Indoors i was finishing off some thai goodness..Syd spam any time bro always welcome .. NIce work mr DWD per usual..:peacock: Cheers gentlemen.

Hey, my best buds, yep we're in all sorts of trouble all around;0)

Syd, if you didn't have space issues I'd have to think you were maybe depressed or someone switched you out for a less entertaining clone of yourself;) I told you about the time I left my plants in a friend's care for 2 weeks, came back and the soil was ORANGE. I tried with another friend and he fried them somehow. All crispy when I got back. Jeez, my own mother took care of them for a 10 days, I came back and they were laid out on the floor... I think she gave them a "talking to" and they decided death was better.
Just wanted to say good luck!
Sir Rhinobuds - Beginner's luck on those two a5 comedians;o) Too 'em down from their table to move it a bit more into the sun and ABbott is about 3ft square (definitely scary size), Costello a tad less. I took their bottom branches as clone and cleaned up their insides, bent and tied a few more branches.
With ZAm and OE, instead of the much better weaving of stems in the screen, I've resorted to tying them down to it. Branches are too stout at this point to bend greatly. Getting very good horizontal stuff and health;)
Everyone has had their second hit of SeaMax 16-16-16 yesterday or today. The girls are also each showing preflowers. COupla weeks til real action, looks like.
Here dey is, dw

Attachments

• One hot July 24.jpg
    One hot July 24.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ZAm and OE looking lively and green.jpg
    ZAm and OE looking lively and green.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 23
  • ZAmaldelica tied today.jpg
    ZAmaldelica tied today.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 23
  • OE needing to be tied down again.jpg
    OE needing to be tied down again.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 23
  • OEasis in the desert.jpg
    OEasis in the desert.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Hibachi right.jpg
    Hibachi right.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Abbott and Costello getting very wide.jpg
    Abbott and Costello getting very wide.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Abbott and Costello doing their routine.jpg
    Abbott and Costello doing their routine.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2 A5 x Malawis turning it on.jpg
    2 A5 x Malawis turning it on.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Hibachi left.jpg
    Hibachi left.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 21

deepwaterdude

Indoor set up, A5 x Malawis ready to come in, Zam first pistils.

Indoor set up, A5 x Malawis ready to come in, Zam first pistils.

All right, I posted in the old thread by accident, but it was a useful test run; posts without plants, not that fun.

Got the indoor 5x5 all set up with lights, circulation, tray, exhaust, 13 gal res blumat system and blacking out of the lung room. Also found a scrog net for 4x4 that works well over the 4x4 tray. ALl that in the old thread.

Abbott and Costello have to come in within a couple of days for safety reasons, plus they're gonna stretch the sides of the tent within only 3 weeks, I bet.

Here're Abbott and OE. In my opinion, the A5 Malawis are just getting decent color, so I'm looking forward to continuing healthy stretch into flower.

Attachments

• The 5x5 prepped and ready.jpg
    The 5x5 prepped and ready.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Enjoying an overcast afternoon.jpg
    Enjoying an overcast afternoon.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 23
  • Abbott and OE.jpg
    Abbott and OE.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Good color, just about ready.jpg
    Good color, just about ready.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Nice n square.jpg
    Nice n square.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Big Baby.jpg
    Big Baby.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 19
  • OE looking saweet.jpg
    OE looking saweet.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Orient Express couple weeks before flower.jpg
    Orient Express couple weeks before flower.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 23

deepwaterdude

A5 x Malawi 2 and zamaldelica

A5 x Malawi 2 and zamaldelica

Here's costello and Zamaldelica. I'll be happy when just 2 littlest outside.

Attachments

• Saw first pistils today.jpg
    Saw first pistils today.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Zam-first to show preflowers.jpg
    Zam-first to show preflowers.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 20
  • From behind.jpg
    From behind.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Just as toppy as sis.jpg
    Just as toppy as sis.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Zam and Costello.jpg
    Zam and Costello.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 22

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Deep, I have a festival I want to go to next month. The thought of leaving someone here to house and plant sit is agonizing.
Last season I skipped the festival for the same reason. It's the only two days I intentionally take off from work each year. I'm going but I'm hiding all nutrients before I go.
Peace brother

Buddler

Veteran
Worst part is when u have to hire a budtender to look after things and then the whole time your gone worry omg did they do this do that on and on So now when i do that i tell my self forget about it what will be will be and life goes on ..Then i can have a good holiday worry free..BTW those plants are going to fill that tent dewd gonna be fun watching the ..bob and weave ..B

deepwaterdude

A5 x Malawis in their nests. Day 1 12/12!

A5 x Malawis in their nests. Day 1 12/12!

Very happy to have wrestled these babes indoors and got them settled under timer and light. Temps are pretty perfect for growing under LED and will only go down from here during flower. I imagine they'll keep expanding like they have been for a good while yet, so I'll wait a bit to drop the scrog on them and spread them out.

Real question is; do I cede to my inner demons and go for both? Or do I just run abbott, who smells like a family of homeless skunks? The NLD nature of Costello has me wanting to keep her for variety's sake, but is it too much? Probably. Will I do it anyway? Ayep, prolly will:biggrin:

Both Zamaldelica and OE are showing pistils, happily. Also cruising healthily into flower, no worries. A little waterlogged after recent rains and killer winds.
Here dey is.
dwd

Oh yeah, I think for short trips and my one or two plants, the blumats would keep one going for 10 days, 2 for maybe 6 with my 13 gal res. Prefer over budtenders;)

Attachments

• Brought Indoors July 29.jpg
    Brought Indoors July 29.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Honestly, could do 2, prolly do just Abbott.jpg
    Honestly, could do 2, prolly do just Abbott.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 28
  • The duo A5 x Malawis.jpg
    The duo A5 x Malawis.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 23
  • I'll drop the %22net%22 when I get the blumats in.jpg
    I'll drop the %22net%22 when I get the blumats in.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Abbott.jpg
    Abbott.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Whaddyouse think? One or two?.jpg
    Whaddyouse think? One or two?.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Costello's side.jpg
    Costello's side.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 19

orfeas

Veteran
Real question is; do I cede to my inner demons and go for both? Or do I just run abbott, who smells like a family of homeless skunks? The NLD nature of Costello has me wanting to keep her for variety's sake, but is it too much? Probably. Will I do it anyway? Ayep, prolly will:biggrin:

say, every one is entitled to their own midnight summer's dream...however your inclination could turn out pragmatic with a bit of thinning touching sides...don't know why but I get this flash back of oldtoker's grow... sure you're gonna get round to it, art thou not? :biggrin:

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

say, every one is entitled to their own midnight summer's dream...however your inclination could turn out pragmatic with a bit of thinning touching sides...don't know why but I get this flash back of oldtoker's grow... sure you're gonna get round to it, art thou not? :biggrin:

:tiphat:orf

Ah, this is a timely warning... and could be a hellish reality soon. I know myself, orf, I can feel it when I think about Costello; a welling in the chest, a rejection of the idea of just one (however phenomenal) plant when there could be two. I do have clones, however, and that would help me let her go. Plus, Abbott is really enjoying the new light and the tent. If Tangwena's was any example, she will be a huge, dank, stinkmonster. Ach.

deepwaterdude

A5 x Malawi - Abbott's update

A5 x Malawi - Abbott's update

Hey, fellas, time for some recordings of the goings on. I bit the bullet and took Costello out of the tent back into the sunshine, leaving Abbott to spread his fat self under the scrog.

Yesterday I took everything I could from under the net without going over 25% of her total mass. I'll have to do it again to a much lesser degree before flowers set. Everything that will make it to a spot in the screen stays. Right now she's at 3 ft square with less than a week 12/12, I think. I forgot how much work scrogging was; bending and weaving tops down everyday. Also, with high temps, the blumats are going like mad without getting her soaked, very nice.
Dubi, I hope in the end this tent looks like the examples you've got going in light dep;)

OE and Zam up next, looking beauteous.

Attachments

• Abbott a few days back before blumats in and scrog down.jpg
    Abbott a few days back before blumats in and scrog down.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Bountiful stinkiness.jpg
    Bountiful stinkiness.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Middle of bending session today.jpg
    Middle of bending session today.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 22
  • She's starting to put out pistils, so I need to stop screwing with her soon.jpg
    She's starting to put out pistils, so I need to stop screwing with her soon.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Easy 3 foot square at the moment.jpg
    Easy 3 foot square at the moment.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 22

deepwaterdude

OE and Zamaldelica OD chair scrogs

OE and Zamaldelica OD chair scrogs

My babes. They speak for themselves at the moment. Just have to buy their flowering nutes, they're pretty dark.

They both may get tied down once more.

Attachments

• OE aug 3.jpg
    OE aug 3.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 22
  • A stout Zam neck.jpg
    A stout Zam neck.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Appreciates verticality.jpg
    Appreciates verticality.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Leaves starting to elongate a bit.jpg
    Leaves starting to elongate a bit.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Zam foreground, OE rear.jpg
    Zam foreground, OE rear.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 24
  • OE - love this plant.jpg
    OE - love this plant.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 19
  • A good look.jpg
    A good look.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 19
  • A closer look.jpg
    A closer look.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 25

Sticky Sat

Everything looks perfect and beautiful my friend ! :) Having a great week end should be fairly easy between filling your eyes with these girls and sampling the gems from your gorgeous last harvest...;)
Cheers brother !:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

A5 x Malawi Killer - Abbott starting flower

A5 x Malawi Killer - Abbott starting flower

Everything looks perfect and beautiful my friend ! :) Having a great week end should be fairly easy between filling your eyes with these girls and sampling the gems from your gorgeous last harvest...;)
Cheers brother !:tiphat:

Sampling some Panama Haze at the moment, one of the best smokes ever. Also liking Syd, the purple Haze x KC, these days. POwerful.

Here's Abbott in the middle of a twisting session and getting a supplemental seamax soak, tho she's pretty dialed in on her Sensi base nutes. Branches are stretching 1-2" per day, I think, so lots of horizontal expansion. I'm trying to be delicate with her tops, just flowering now.

Still hot, though tomorrow heat breaks around here and should drop 10 degrees. I almost bought an AC, and still might. Temps got up to 100f at canopy. Doesn't seem to phase her much. Other option is switch to PM flower.

OD next, dee

Attachments

• And away we go.jpg
    And away we go.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Droopy after drench and bending sesh.jpg
    Droopy after drench and bending sesh.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Lowered net a tad more after pics.jpg
    Lowered net a tad more after pics.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 20
  • If I could do over, I'da started 6in closer to front of tent.jpg
    If I could do over, I'da started 6in closer to front of tent.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 28
  • 5x5 Aug 8.jpg
    5x5 Aug 8.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Love scrogs.jpg
    Love scrogs.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Just gave the pot a drench.jpg
    Just gave the pot a drench.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Her branchy undergrarments.jpg
    Her branchy undergrarments.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Her style.jpg
    Her style.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Lotsa tops ready to go.jpg
    Lotsa tops ready to go.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 18

deepwaterdude

Orient Express and ZAmaldelica outdoors 7 gal soil

Orient Express and ZAmaldelica outdoors 7 gal soil

These just got a seamax drench as well; with high outdoor temps and strong sun, they eat every last bit;)

I hope they start flower soon and stop stretch, wanna keep these babies stealthy. Preflowers all over both. Very much looking forward to having some nice, chunky outdoor ZAmaldelica buds;)

Attachments

• South Facing.jpg
    South Facing.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Zam + OE.jpg
    Zam + OE.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Damn, ZAm, lookin good.jpg
    Damn, ZAm, lookin good.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Pistils are there.jpg
    Pistils are there.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 20
  • Zam.jpg
    Zam.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Attempted closeup.jpg
    Attempted closeup.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 18
  • OE perfect size.jpg
    OE perfect size.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Beauteous tops.jpg
    Beauteous tops.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Sittin in the mornin sun.jpg
    Sittin in the mornin sun.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 21
  • OE aug 8.jpg
    OE aug 8.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 19

Buddler

Veteran
Nice DWD your building a nice canopy on your scrog ! and the plants love seamax..

deepwaterdude

Abbott in early flower 4x4 square

Abbott in early flower 4x4 square

Nice DWD your building a nice canopy on your scrog ! and the plants love seamax..

Thanks my broo, this is going to be my best one plant grow ever, inshallah. Very grateful outdoor temps dropped so much, so now the indoor's in an excellent early flower zone.

Blumats are working very well, Abbott's now a Sensi addict and getting a little Bigbud bonus today, as it looks like his fat nature will permit it. EC of this 7 gal batch was 1.0. Diddly/squat. Mixed with 3 gal of .8 EC that was in the res, easy peasey. Temps will probably get to 85f, and right now at noon in strong sun are holding steady at 82. Pretty fricken ideal.

Here're pics from today - some that I haven't yet spammed the rest of the site with;) dwd

Attachments

• 5x5 Aug 12 - dropped light another 2 inches.jpg
    5x5 Aug 12 - dropped light another 2 inches.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 19
  • A5 x Malawi - Abbott.jpg
    A5 x Malawi - Abbott.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Egads, still a lot of bottom to clear out.jpg
    Egads, still a lot of bottom to clear out.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Temps in the ideal zone for LED.jpg
    Temps in the ideal zone for LED.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Excellent health going into flower.jpg
    Excellent health going into flower.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 20
It's been a while since I've dropped in.. Really nice start to your Scrog.. Fat Abbott' lol
would be an understatement for sure..!! 4 x 4 Utopia.. Pulling up at seat..

deepwaterdude

Abbott at 3 weeks

Abbott at 3 weeks

Got crystal;) But, seeing Buddler's phenomenal A5-Mal examples, I have to concede that my 650w light can't compete with the sun.

Fat Abbott's getting big. Bi-weekly Seamax drench yesterday, let the res run out and cleaned it out good, new batch of Sensi A + B, Big Bud and first bit of Nirvana. EC 1.1 with 2 airstones in the res, so I'm assuming actual is @1.2 or so.

Outdoor is looking very nice, I think I've got my Zamaldelica in flower as of about yesterday. The OE might get cloned and kilt as i had a bad dream about it the other night;) Tho might not be able to bring myself to do it.

I am planning on defoliating Abbott around his 4 week mark, so this Sunday coming up. Looks like a good candidate with his beefy structure;) Here is an unnecessary, selfish amount of pictures.

Attachments

• Stretching a tad.jpg
    Stretching a tad.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Given up on total control.jpg
    Given up on total control.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 22
  • A writhing mass.jpg
    A writhing mass.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Abbott 3 weeks in.jpg
    Abbott 3 weeks in.jpg