What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best indoor Hawaiian?

squatty

I grew Spice by Mr. Nice last year. I'm not sure if that would be close to what you are looking for or not? It is supposed to be a couple of Hawaii strains from the 80's that were crossed and bred in Europe.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=273579

There is also a Hawaii seed bank named Pua Mana Ohana. I'm still waiting to read some reviews on their seeds. I have not seen anyone grow their seeds yet.

I grew Spice by Mr. Nice last year. I'm not sure if that would be close to what you are looking for or not? It is supposed to be a couple of Hawaii strains from the 80's that were crossed and bred in Europe.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=273579

There is also a Hawaii seed bank named Pua Mana Ohana. I'm still waiting to read some reviews on their seeds. I have not seen anyone grow their seeds yet.

Pua Mana is run by a nut job. He’s been caught in lies multiple times, and just continues to adjust his Hawaiian strain stories to match the info he’s found on forums. He’s also been known to spend hours creating fake accounts on RIU arguing with anyone with any criticism of his company. This includes threatening to meet up and beat people, and threatening to call LEO on them. He’s unstable. He’s also not from Hawaii, he lives in Oregon and only spent a few years on the islands.

ctg

Veteran
I would say the best haw I’ve seen indoors is Molokai citrus kush. Also the strawberry web, haw webbed Indica and Molokai Frost are no slouches. These aren’t commercially available, not to be sold but gifted.

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, but they're not hawaiians, they sound more like cali hybrids + hawaiian hybrids.
I'm thinking of nld varieties with uplifting FX from the islands(or closely related), if possible.

ctg

Veteran
Actually they are old family heirlooms from Hawaii. Who said they aren’t Hawaiians? These came from the real deal Hawaiians no doubt

TheFlyinHaWyn!

Actually they are old family heirlooms from Hawaii. Who said they aren’t Hawaiians? These came from the real deal Hawaiians no doubt

For sure brother, the Frost and MCK came from my friend's uncle who has been growing in Hawaii longer than I been alive almost. I lived here my whole life so that's about as close as you can get to being Hawaiian.

Too bad i never kept that Strawberry Web bro, that shit was Unique!!

a hui hou

ctg

Veteran
Theflyinhawyn,
Nice of you to chime in my friend. We are currently working with the strawberry webs/frost x haw webbed ind. way stinky and are making another generation. You know anything I have is yours! Much appreciate the generosity over the years from you folks. Talked with uncle bid the other day. He’s in Cali for the summer
-ct-

Easy7

Veteran
Like people say, there is no landrace native Hawaiian. What does stand out is the climate for weed there. So a lot of good weed has been developed. It gives Cali a run for it's money. Now my state has not developed a lot of good weed. Too many college art majors that road dog around and don't know truth from their ass.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Greyskull, Pakalolo Seed Co, and Sticky Finger Seeds are all from Hawaii and have some gear available. I had a couple packs of greyskull sour dubb crosses I just sprouted but woke up this morning to find a mouse had eaten all but one of them.

I'm always wary of non-hawaiian companies marketing Hawaiian strains under the generic strain names like maui wowie...most likely it is some bagseed someone got during a vacation.

Whatever you do, dont buy from Puamana seeds.

ctg

Veteran
Molokai citrus kush

Molokai citrus kush

Bout done

Attachments

• 20151207 185056
    20151207 185056
    60.2 KB · Views: 34

newbert

its not hawaiian but if you want something that works indoors has a tropical taste and cerebral effects i think c99 ticks all those boxes.

Koondense

Veteran
its not hawaiian but if you want something that works indoors has a tropical taste and cerebral effects i think c99 ticks all those boxes.

That's nice to hear, had something similar in mind when I sprouted a Haze x C99 seed in the time after my hawaiian quest and nothing proper was found. No rush, got other seasons to try some hawaiian.

Cheers

Lolo94

If it can be found, the Big Island Swazi which was popular on the east side from the mid 80s on, is a good manageable sativa that can be grown indoors. Yields were low compared to today's strains but the quality more than made up for it. Very energetic and motivating.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
If it can be found, the Big Island Swazi which was popular on the east side from the mid 80s on, is a good manageable sativa that can be grown indoors. Yields were low compared to today's strains but the quality more than made up for it. Very energetic and motivating.

Back In Highschool my friends dad in puna used to grow a lot of swazi and crosses of it. He also grew snow fruit and something they called 87.50. I have no idea if he grew indoor or out but he always had the dankest flowers at the time. We would sell $20 joints of it until the bag was paid off and then smoked the rest.

Lolo94

@Kalopatchkid. I grew Swazi in the early 90s in upper Puna. Friends had it in lower Puna and it looked much better there. In the rainforest, it was scawnier than down below but the high seemed a little more intense. It was typically cured until the begiining of the long season. There were 2 phenotypes, one lime green and the other slightly darker. Both versions were excellent and produced an identical high . Indoor version was not quite as strong (cant beat tropical sun) but still had the same quality of high. Crossed it with red congolese which improves the yield indoors, and produces a good up buzz.

L

larry badiner

i scored an eighth in hawaii for 100$ about 10 years ago, tasted like menthol, really heavy creeper stone. really frosty and dank

Latest posts

Latest posts