What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Useful Idiot

Veteran
That sounds foul, but they were free so I might grow them out and see if I get lucky if not I'll turn them into cookies...
Yeah ,if you got the space go ahead,won't hurt. BUT... if I were you I would take only ONE backup clone off of each plant. I learned that lesson myself a long time ago . NOTHING in seed form is proven. I ,back in the day, would take a ton of clones from plants that I thought would be great...now I just take one or 2 and not waste the space until they have proven to be worthy.That way you will not be wasting more space on something you will eventually throw away.Also if you do happen to get a gem you have a future mom plant.I hope it works out to your benifit.:tiphat:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
That sounds foul, but they were free so I might grow them out and see if I get lucky if not I'll turn them into cookies...

yeah it was.. kinda mixed between burnt rubber and burnt toast.

on the other hand there was a pheno a guy found on another forum which looked quite nice which he decided to keep. but from what ive seen it was a one off.

watts

ohms
Veteran
honestly it seems like certain strains that are no longer around or hard to find must not be that great after all. Whether its due to that strain not breeding well or something. If blueberry was so good it shouldn't be that hard to find, even in current dj stock. Even if he did lose the original male or whatever. Unless the blueberry smell/flavor is some really unique pheno like the GS cookies for example.

Just my thoughts on it.

A

Alone

OOPS. My comp said server error so I didnt think the first post went through. Sorry Guys.

growhi

i personally think its more to do with peoples expectations , most peoples experience with blueberry were im from is buying it from a dealer .................... so that's more than likely 1 nice pheno cloned to death passed around growers so multiple sources growing the same plant ........................ so that forms peoples expectation when they grow out seeds ............... they want something exactly like what they remember or they buy from the dealer

now that original grower who sourced the clone could of grown out 3 or 4 packs and got allot of shit plants , and selected that one nice sweet smelling plant that everyone wants !

i don't think they is any difference from the blueberry seeds of 10 years ago , to the blueberry seeds of today to be honest!

i just think people in general are too quick to make judgements on seed lines ................... you see people who grow out 2 fems and them call the strain junk lol ................. its laughable

watts

ohms
Veteran
yeah people don't run enough seeds most of the time. They expect to find a pheno from 1 pack, or a few seeds on whatever the strain description says it is. If it's bread right, you should be able to find a keeper in 1 pack in my opinion. Or a pack of 15-20 seeds. Maybe breeders should start including more seeds per pack; especially if it's un-tested.

I haven't hunted through current dj blueberry but i haven't seen any good reports about a real blueberry smelling or tasting pheno in the past few years. So obviously it's hard to find "THAT PHENO". Sorta like bubblegum in seed form.

G

Guest 315072

Granddaddy purp, bubble gum, or the OG Kush
White widow, or the g13, and the Irene got your homies shook
But that Jack Herer and the headband got my homies wired
And the blueberry yum yums that fire

what you smoking on - luda/ wiz

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I hear ya Growhi....but as I mentioned in another thread..I can't understand how a breeder who makes feminized seed states that they used their special female to make the seeds. I pop a pack of 10 and get 6 fuckin phenos!!! How in the hell do you get 6 phenos from 1 special lady.???

A

Alone

I made F1 hybrids with a (Centennial Blueberry x SweetTooth) x ECSD.
I germed 30 seeds. 19 were females. 4 were keepers.
All 19 were very good.... but only 4 stood out as completely awesome and unique. But each had a totally different reason why they were keepers and awesome. Each with a different place to fit into depending on the growers needs and wants.

I havent stabalized any phenos yet as I dont have the time or room for all that right now. But once the specific traits are dialed in after atleast 15 grows for seed with the favored traits becoming more and more likely to get in a batch of seed.....Thats when they should hit the market. Like BCBD Purps.

Once a clone only strain...gifted to BCBD, they took a Ghani male then outcrossed the Ghani till it was as close to the original clone as possible. Thats breeding 101. Their Purps only has 4 phenotypes. Thats the way it should be. They worked that strain over and over and over until it was truly ready.

My Sweet n' Sour Blueberry has the potential to be a steller hybrid once I get the genetics stabalized. The pheno shown was my favorite. Short growth with very little stretch and a Fuely BB muffin smell. Finished in 9 weeks too.. while alot of the taller other phenos took 11-12 weeks to finish. I would use this as the mother to get the seeds as close to this pheno as possible while useing the same Male over and over again.

Then they will be ready for market. Not until!

growhi

I hear ya Growhi....but as I mentioned in another thread..I can't understand how a breeder who makes feminized seed states that they used their special female to make the seeds. I pop a pack of 10 and get 6 fuckin phenos!!! How in the hell do you get 6 phenos from 1 special lady.???

because of the plants genetic make up , even s1's have variation , even ibl's have slightly different phenos , all with the same traits but different none the less ,

its nature ................ if you want a sure thing it has to be a clone !

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
honestly it seems like certain strains that are no longer around or hard to find must not be that great after all. Whether its due to that strain not breeding well or something. If blueberry was so good it shouldn't be that hard to find, even in current dj stock. Even if he did lose the original male or whatever. Unless the blueberry smell/flavor is some really unique pheno like the GS cookies for example.

Just my thoughts on it.

thats the silliest post ive seen for a while, it doesn't All begin and end with gsc i couldnt give a shit about these fashionable strains. the reason its not around is because the best phenos were found over a decade ago. not everyone keeps a plant for ten years+ and some never pass them out as well.

the male he lost was number 130 i think out of a bout 200 odd plants. it was a unique male, you lose that, you lose a whole ''bloodline''.
yeah people don't run enough seeds most of the time. They expect to find a pheno from 1 pack, or a few seeds on whatever the strain description says it is. If it's bread right, you should be able to find a keeper in 1 pack in my opinion. Or a pack of 15-20 seeds. Maybe breeders should start including more seeds per pack; especially if it's un-tested.

I haven't hunted through current dj blueberry but i haven't seen any good reports about a real blueberry smelling or tasting pheno in the past few years. So obviously it's hard to find "THAT PHENO". Sorta like bubblegum in seed form.

complete contradiction to the first post. plus bubble gum its easy to find, moscas old moonshine x bubblegum, serious seeds? a few breeders have isolated the bubblegum genetics.
blueberry is always hit and miss. and the new dj stock is crap to what it was.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Digital Berry Bx1 male was #48 out of like 60 or 63 - I think it was; over a period of three years...

I still have a few (10-15) Digital Berry Bx1 - and some Digital Berry Bx2 as well, now....

Blueberry as folks dream of it being - will eventually be a common thing again.

This hobby - takes patience...usually MUCH more than I have. But I'm learning...

dank.Frank

watts

ohms
Veteran
ill hit that digital berry with my original blueberry male

Attachments

• DSC01233.jpg
    DSC01233.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 17

watts

ohms
Veteran
complete contradiction to the first post. plus bubble gum its easy to find, moscas old moonshine x bubblegum, serious seeds? a few breeders have isolated the bubblegum genetics.

Just because something is in 'seed form' doesn't mean you will find the 'bubblegum' pheno. I've grown 2 packs of serious seeds bubblegum and got nothing with bubblegum flavor or smell. My point is just because it's in seed form doesn't mean you will find that specific pheno. I'm not going to run 5-10+ packs to find it either. If something is truly isolated you should be able to find the breeders description within a couple of packs.

Grigori

thats the silliest post ive seen for a while, the end doesnt begin and end with gsc i couldnt give a shit about these in fashion strains. the reason its not around is because the best phenos were found over a decade ago. not everyone keeps a plant for ten years. work it out mate.

the male he lost was number 130 i think out of a bout 200 odd plants. it was a unique male, you lose that, you lose a whole ''bloodline''.

The best phenos were found a decade ago? That's classic!
laughing.gif

NEWSFLASH!! PLENTY of clones are 10-20+ yrs old. Good weed sticks around. The reason you see next to nothing as far as blueberry cuts is easy to figure out................because great bb phenos are very hard to come by! Thousands of those packs have been grown out by people for yrs now and all we have is like 1 well known cutting. O's BB. Work it out yourself mate! LOL

Bubblegum is NOT easy to find in seeds, not true to the original mother anyway.
Just like blueberry, you will be sifting through large #'s until you maybe find something true to the name, if at all.

Grigori

Just because something is in 'seed form' doesn't mean you will find the 'bubblegum' pheno. I've grown 2 packs of serious seeds bubblegum and got nothing with bubblegum flavor or smell. My point is just because it's in seed form doesn't mean you will find that specific pheno. I'm not going to run 5-10+ packs to find it either. If something is truly isolated you should be able to find the breeders description within a couple of packs.
Exactly

F

Fluffy Clouds

The best phenos were found a decade ago? That's classic!View Image
NEWSFLASH!! PLENTY of clones are 10-20+ yrs old. Good weed sticks around. The reason you see next to nothing as far as blueberry cuts is easy to figure out................because great bb phenos are very hard to come by! Thousands of those packs have been grown out by people for yrs now and all we have is like 1 well known cutting. O's BB. Work it out yourself mate! LOL

very disgusting bullshit!:moon: if Mr. Dank shows you thousand pics of his blue berry keeper, if Bohempian shows you otm keeper, if Amber Trich shows you F13 keepers, if Foe shows you his blue moonshine keepers.. if Retardo shows his grapekrush keeper.. you will be still talking this bullshit! cause youre a hater :moon: