What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Seeds = Budget Strains or Junk

420oclock

I've grown out a few Nirvana strains. Bubblelicious was outstanding. Ice was very good. Top 44 sucked. All in all, I am happy with them.

RUDEBOI

Nirvana White Widow....Rules!.....:headbange

One of the first "known" strains I ever grew!! Shit was ridiculously resinous, super, super potent, with a ceilingless high! Did I mention it tasted great, yielded great and I never built a tolerance to it!:woohoo:
Now for the bad news! Ofcourse the grass was greener on the other side and for one reason or another I don't have it anymore:mad::wallbash:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi I see that Nirvana has some really cheap seeds compared to many other seed banks. They appear to be nice strains. Does the saying "you get what you pay for" apply to Nirvana seeds too.

To those using Nirvana what strains do you have and how are they working for you?

Nirvana BV is a co-operative company,, many individual breeders work from the same base of genetics stock. The process however requires some dedication to cannabis to produce their consistent seed crops. This is how they keep overheads / costs down... a mix of knowledge, genetics, and love for cannabis.

Haze #19 x Skunk is one of the best value, biggest yielding , and reliable sativa/indica seeds available,, ANYWHERE!!!

Ice is one of the cheapest yet strongest strain out-there!!!

Hope this helps.

THC123

Veteran
i just love their philosophy , all strains same prices and a few classes of strains , just like you would expect in a garden store.

whyme2

I have been very satisfied with Nirvana. The AK-48 is a real crowd pleaser. The Aurora Indica is an absolute knock out. Have had bad luck with the Master Kush - low germ rates and so far all males - not Nirvana's fault there.

shifty

Had good luck with the following:
Ice, Blue Mystic, Power Plant, Cali O, Durban x skunk

Not so good luck:
Jock Horror (mainly due to grower error) and Papaya (didn't work out for me

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the afghanis in flower now. Not happy so far. 80% germ rate 6 out of 8 males.

I would not recommend their Big Bud, but I had no complaints with the White Rhino or the Northern Lights both exceeded expectations and then some. Definitely good beans to learn how to grow with.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I'm pleased with my purchases. The strains I have had issues with were bubblicious where only a few seeds germinates and the plants were male. About 30% germ, and may not be a breeder issue. The other strain i am having issues with is Aurora Indica. The seedlings are burned. This time I think it's nute burn. The seeds may already be hot and can't handle hot soil. Again this may not be a breeder issue.

In comparison to the Master Kush which is a finer leafed plant and looking very healthy, AI may be a more difficult strain to grow. I like the light green leaves on the AI and would love to have any buds turn out that color rather than a darker brown once cured.

I recommend Nirvana seeds. It's the place to go to grow anything other than bag seeds.

He he, last year I got the MK and AI. 9/10 AI were males? Don't know why, the MK I got 4 ladies out of, also got 2 other females from 2 beans of other strains, all germed together. So in total 6 out of 22 females? WTF? But not counting the AI, it was 6 out of 12, so I dunno?
The MK IMO, is OK, nothing like the MK that is out here in the clinics that I have had but very decent, and I am re-running it now from clone, had 2 keeper moms. (Well, I say keepers, they are the ones that I kept, LOL.) The 1 AI female I had, was stunted and retarded, and hermed all over itself. Turned the whole thing into hash.
They are very cheap compared to others, and really can't complain, Mandala is also pretty darn reasonable, and I was lucky enough to get the Satori, and Hashberry! I also gave Nirvana a go and got the Pure Power Plant. Can't wait to get them into the line up. I have a few pictures from the seed run of the MK in my log, there are a few others from moses as well in their, sounds like he had better luck with it. (Shorter flowering time and bigger yield it sounds like.) Mine went friggin' 10 weeks and barely had any amber trichs, they did turn out decent, but on a scale of 1 to 10 on potency I would give them a 5 or 6. Honestly though, before I dedicated myself to growing my own, I had access to some really top notch shit and it kinda spoiled me. If I had never been exposed to some of the shiat out here I would say that it was the best I have ever had. That being said, there is nothing better than growing your own, no matter how far from your expectations it falls short, no better feeling than making something from nothing! My wife thinks I am fucking A crazy! She said my MK was outstanding as did a few others, I am just a cannabis snob though I guess LOL! Still working on them though and I will always keep my mums around if for nothing more than sentimental reasons.:joint:

whodair

Veteran
about the ice

about the ice

Nirvana BV is a co-operative company,, many individual breeders work from the same base of genetics stock. The process however requires some dedication to cannabis to produce their consistent seed crops. This is how they keep overheads / costs down... a mix of knowledge, genetics, and love for cannabis.

Haze #19 x Skunk is one of the best value, biggest yielding , and reliable sativa/indica seeds available,, ANYWHERE!!!

Ice is one of the cheapest yet strongest strain out-there!!!

Hope this helps.

ice looks like the picture. but i didnt find the smoke overwhelming at all. nice looking plant though. just a little weak.

przemix

about the germ rates.
ive bought a 10pack of NL and a 10pack of Durban Poison both regular like three years back. 9/10 of DP sprouted and none of the NL.
in the same time my friend also bought a 10pack of NL and a 10pack of Early Misty. the same story-all EM sprouted and none of the NL.
didnt buy their seeds since then

D

deathtosoapbar

nirvana seeds have never disapointed me......"bow to the mighty mau!"

D

DownSouthSage

Nirvana Northern lights

Nirvana Northern lights

their strains are right up there with any high dollar seeds i have grown i promise you bud,you cant beat them.Heres their NL 90 days from seed!Or to be exact they were germed and put in soil Nov. 18th.I flipped them to 12-12 on dec. 29th.

Attachments

• feb 10th 001.jpg
    feb 10th 001.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7

Jim Rockford

Veteran
AK48, Bublicious, and Morac x Afghan all treated me great, NL x BB didn't impress but still have 4 beans to pop. I'd think in the case of Nirvana is isn't "Budget Strains or Junk" as much as having to pic through more seeds to find winner. 2/3 AK48 females I had where top notch, huge yeilding, quick finishers that I put with the best bud I've seen.

Thanks Capt. I was beginning to think that no one has ever grew it before. What was the smoke like; citrusy, skunky, berry? What was the hi like; couchlock, heady, etc.....Thanks in advance.

edit:Never mind. I just read your thread & it was great! I'm convinced That my next order WILL DEFINITELY be Nirvana Hindu Kush & Mandala Satori or Sadhu. Which ever one I can get my money order at first. LOL Thanks Capt for the reply.